Game Day Geelong v Richmond Fri May 12th 2023 7:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I know is I'm going to get 5000 tags or DMs from the mouth frothers if we lose tonight. It's angry as heck over there. Hopefully no issues at the ground for folks attending.
They are so angry about a "minnow club". Wouldn't have a thought a mega power club like Richmond would ever care about a small regional club. Luckily the AFL, media and GOD himself are working with us to conspire against them.

In all seriousness after reading some of the posts I start to fear for the safety of people should Richmond feel they've been wronged at the game but then I think of any Richmond supporters I actually know and they are fine. It's just classic anonymity online cesspool behaviour.

Crazy odds.

The worry with Richmond has always been the run carry and spread so a few younger guys shouldn’t hurt in that regard.

Will be won and lost at the coalface but with Ceglar somehow the most formidable ruck and the bigger bodies of Blicavs Duncan Simpson O’Connor I’m not overly concerned we’ll be dominated here.

Throw in the tough as teak Atkins and Bruhn and the speed of Holmes I think we’ll get this done given we’ve got a clear advantage at both ends of the ground.

Cats by 2.

Get a sense that we might get a smacking in the midfield. Win or loss, really looking forward to seeing Clark run out and how our young mids hold things together
That's actually what I'm thinking.

I don't see how our mids could "break even" with them... If they do, then we win easily and Richmond is officially over the cliff.

Probably the most I have looked forward to watching a game all year.

Could go either way imo.

Last edited:
But that makes it exciting? If we had full team I would be going in super confident and expecting a pretty boring game where we power ahead and then cruise…

Now I have huge nervous energy for tonight with my head telling me surely we can’t win with half our GF starting team out - but my heart believing we can pull off something special

A lost tonight and we move on 5-4 same as last year, to win the next couple with players slowly coming back and rock on to the finals…. A win tonight will be both exciting and also set ourselves up for a second half where we can genuinely focus on managing players into a possible top 4 position again

Yep, first game of the year I'm genuinely excited for - awesome to see so many kids in.

The Tiger fans seem particularly feral for this one too, so if they turn up in numbers it will be quite a baptism of fire for our young guys.

Bring it on.

Tonight's team is missing a third of the best 22 and playing the VFL midfield. Richmond have been struggling, but they have a strong home record and need to start winning. Form can turn quickly. All things considered, it's hard to see why Geelong is such an overwhelming favourite in this match.

My main interest tonight is how the young and inexperienced players perform, mids mostly. It is a big opportunity for Parfitt and Bruhn.

They are so angry about a "minnow club". Wouldn't have a thought a mega power club like Richmond would ever care about a small regional club. Luckily the AFL, media and GOD himself are working with us to conspire against them.

In all seriousness after reading some of the posts I start to fear for the safety of people should Richmond feel they've been wronged at the game but then I think of any Richmond supporters I actually know and they are fine. It's just classic anonymity online cesspool behaviour.
They have never recovered from two generations of Abletts tearing them apart they are permanently mentally scarred.

231 days ago, the Geelong team that ran out in the Grand Final was the oldest team to play (and win) a match of AFL

The team that runs out tonight isn't necessarily of a younger profile, as it still skews slightly older due to the availability of our 3 oldest players, but we going in with what feels like one of our more inexperienced line ups for a while

We're going to see pick #8 Jhye Clark debut as tonights sub, where he current sits on an emergency list with a total of 1/4 senior match experience

Knevitt & Dempsey have a total of 8 matches (including a few as the starting sub) between them, and then we have another 6 players with less than 70 games each

We often hear about how it's the bottom 6 of a side that's more important than the top 6, well tonight's going to be a test for the Kittens and an exciting one at that

Richo???

Tigers must win and they face a depleted cats line up on their home turf… cats can put a fork in them tonight!
Miers important tonight with close out. Hopefully O.Henry can get on his bike and lead up the ground a bit too…
Good audit for some of our fringies tonight. Let’s see how they go against a desperate tigers outfit!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mr Meow

The concern I have is the midfield. We start losing clearances badly, which is likely, then their mids can turn a bad forward line good. The kids are going to be up against it.

Our best chance is that Parfitt and Bruhn pressure the ball carriers on losing clearances enough that they kick it to Sav and we rebound.

Oddly that's exactly the same method that made 2017 Richmond unstoppable

Yep, they've gotten rather vicious and unsavoury.
BitterAnimatedBlacklab-max-1mb.gif

All I know is I'm going to get 5000 tags or DMs from the mouth frothers if we lose tonight. It's angry as heck over there. Hopefully no issues at the ground for folks attending.

I'm thinking things will be made very simple tonight for both the game day & autopsy threads:

• opposition trolls will be whacked, no warnings or excuses accepted
  • locals who feed the trolls likely won't have a happy time of it either...

As someone at the game, it's hard to read all posts, so I do ask the locals to report problematic posts which will flag it & bring it to mods attention, and then don't engage

We want to keep our board an enjoyable place to read and contribute - those who post in a manner contrary to that won't enjoy what happens

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back