Game Day Geelong v Richmond Fri May 12th 2023 7:20 pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe at the end we'll simply have found our...

Road to Bruhn.
My expectations are pretty low for him tonight.

Certainly the biggest test he has come across though and a good all-round game would be fantastic.

“Road to Bruhn” on the backpage tomorrow would great and I’ll happily cop the heat for it.

The MCG online crew have finally updated their website for tonight's game:

GENERAL ADMISSION SEATING​

Please note, general admission seating areas are subject to change. Continue to check regularly for updates and check the general admission screens at your gate upon arrival to the MCG.

Shane Warne Stand
  • Q1-Q7
  • Q8-Q15 1/2 (rows U-DD)

Ponsford Stand
  • Q29-Q36

Olympic Stand
  • Q49-Q55 (rows U-MM)

AFL Reserve
Please note, seating in the AFL Reserve is available to AFL members only.
  • M26 (rows A-Z)
  • Q15 1/2 - Q20 (rows K-DD)
  • Q21-Q28

CHEER SQUAD AREAS​

Richmond: M3-M4 (rows A-K)
Geelong Cats: M33 (rows A-S)

BitterAnimatedBlacklab-max-1mb.gif

Beep beep Jeep
Those broad sashes are really slimming!
Wear your gumboots but plenty of room in M3-M4 (rows A-K)

My expectations are pretty low for him tonight.

Certainly the biggest test he has come across though and a good all-round game would be fantastic.

“Road to Bruhn” on the backpage tomorrow would great and I’ll happily cop the heat for it.
I think he will go alright. That last quarter would have given him some confidence in what he can bring to the team. Being as young as he is, in a team packed full of "elder statesmen" I reckon it would be quite daunting and potentially he doubted what he could contribute in the midfield.

Nothing better than being part of a group pulling together to bring home a good win and silence any doubt he may have about his place in the team.

Will have to wait and see but the signs are there.

Get a sense that we might get a smacking in the midfield. Win or loss, really looking forward to seeing Clark run out and how our young mids hold things together

Thats the key to me -and i think the 1st 20-25 minutes of this game will show and tell everything

Will Richmonds talented and experienced midfield really dominate - you just cant expect Parfitt and a few others - even though they are wearing Geelong jumpers - to just step in and replace the super stars that are unavailable - i will be very pleasantly surprised if they can

Thus my fear is Rich will pile the goals on early - now $2.90 v $1.42 - and that will keep tightening to they bounce the ball

It will be good to see - which Geel players play well tonight - because you would expect Rich to be fierce early - beccause if they dont win tonight - it makes it very hard for them to get in the 8

Fear and Loathing at the MCG
Over at Tigerland feral's hate us
On the field their players fear us.
The win against WCE was relief
Loss means back to Bitchmond
A memory desperate to avoid
They know Cats are depleted
Always lift against the Cats
Good start will bring them hope
Fragile to a Cats scoring burst

Danger + Kittens did it v Crows
Big Cats played cameo roles
For Cats to win tonight:-
Premiership players must perform.
Kittens need simply break even.
Bring the intense pressure
Capitalize on their clangers.
A simple but achievable plan

Nerves building in anticipation
Parfitt has something to prove
Kittens will want to impress
Waiting to see Jhye Clark play
Happy to leave it till the last Q
Win... no Injuries ...Please

Yeah if our second string and clearly inexperienced midfield even just breaks even with the Tiges midfield they just traded their future for it’ll be gold.
Their top 4 clearance winners (Taranto, Hopper, Bolton, Prestia) average 18.1 between them. Our top 4 playing tonight (Atkins, Ceglar, Blicavs, Holmes) average 16.5 clearances and there were chunks of the season where they were not even our primary stoppage midfielders.

Depth-wise it'll be Martin, Cotchin and Short vs Parfitt, Bruhn and Knevitt. They will get us there but the disparity between tonight's primary stoppage groups is overstated.

Brandan Parfitt your time is now.

IMG_2465.jpeg

Were a bit light on through injury which makes me a little nervous. But Richmond have been pretty average this year. All in all we should win, but wouldn't be shocked if we're just missing too much cavalry tonight.

Really looking forward to seeing how Holmes in particular, but also Bruhn, Knevitt and Parfitt go shouldering extra responsibility in the midfield with Danger and Guthrie out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Parfitt might stick it to the selectors tonight I reckon.

Big game coming up for him.

Has he ever had 10 vote game from coaches?

All any player can hope for is a chance to prove themselves. At his age and experience ..he should be ready to own the midfield. The talent back pressure is going to really build soon... will not get many chances to show what he can do with no Danger and Guthrie to absorb midfield time.

All any player can hope for is a chance to prove themselves. At his age and experience ..he should be ready to own the midfield. The talent back pressure is going to really build soon... will not get many chances to show what he can do with no Danger and Guthrie to absorb midfield time.

2021:
  • Round 5 vs North Melbourne, 10 votes
  • Round 11 vs Collingwood, 9 votes (should have been 10)

Round 11 -2021. Danger and Cam Guth missed:

Collingwood v Geelong​

9 Brandan Parfitt (GEEL)
8 Tom Hawkins (GEEL)
5 Tom Stewart (GEEL)
5 Joel Selwood (GEEL)
3 Jordan De Goey (COLL)

Actually got coaches votes in round 23 last year. Hasn’t started in 22 too many times since….

How do I listen to Krock at the ground now it’s not on the afl app?
And is this Hutchy’s fault we can’t hear it on the app?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back