Geelong vs West Coast Eagles Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eagles where a little nervous. Can't take anything away from Carlton, they threw everything at us plus the kitchen sink tonight

Geelong to win but like the Pies game it will be very tough
Same also with the Pies vs Hawks game I think

Re: Geelong v West Coast Prelim

I'm pretty sure a lot has changed for our teams in the last 19 years. Inform me when you move on.

Of course a lot has changed but the premise remains. Few thought that WC would be a chance in 2 finals on the road against Geelong.

You would be a fool & one who history will make an ass of if you go in thinking it's a forgone conclusion. WC have absolutely nothing to lose, all the pressure is on Geelong.

Interesting Bit of History

West Coast have Never lost a Preliminary Final..Always went on to make the GF

Already a couple of posts from opposition supporters stating "That's what they thought in *insert year*".

To each their own, but I'm sure both of our 1992 and 2007 teams have changed at least a little bit since then :D

As for the game, I reckon we may win, just. I think it will be a generally difficult game. Both will throw everything they can at each other, but I reckon Geelong coming off a nice break will do the job in a last quarter burst. Geelong by 19pts.

It would be amazing to see Geelong get knocked off, but it ain't gonna happen.

No home ground advantage, and no more flying 'under the radar' (cause apparently they are now flying high). As gallant as the WCE have been think they will be exposed as a flash in the pan and everyone outside WA will forget about them again.

Geelong are no better than Collingwood and we got within 20 points of them last week without kerr who was our best tonight. We are not without a chance. Should be paying a bit over $3 for a west coast win. I think we may really tire late in the game though its been a very tough month of football with 2 games in the wet followed by toughies against collingwood and carlton. Bit too inexperienced too i feel.

The fairy tale continues though :D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

geel are going to massacre west coast. about 16 hours prior to this massacre commencing, the pies will have completed their demolition of the hawks. and we will be all set for the GF that really has looked a foregone conclusion since mid season. neither of the underdogs has a sniff next week

Of course a lot has changed but the premise remains. Few thought that WC would be a chance in 2 finals on the road against Geelong.

You would be a fool & one who history will make an ass of if you go in thinking it's a forgone conclusion. WC have absolutely nothing to lose, all the pressure is on Geelong.

Exactly what Malthouse preached to Thompson in '09, Exactly what Thompson preached to Malthouse in '10, And exactly what Ratten preached to Worsfold this week.

Bullshit. You sound like those idiot Hawthorn supporters who reckon they have nothing to lose next week. A GF spot is on the line, of course there is something to lose, something massive.

Exactly what Malthouse preached to Thompson in '09, Exactly what Thompson preached to Malthouse in '10, And exactly what Ratten preached to Worsfold this week.

Clarkson did the same in the 08' GF.

I've watched football for a few decades. I know that history can still have a say in modern AFL matches. However these Geelong and WC teams are capable of different things than the 1992 teams. Meaning Geelong to a greater extent and WC to a lesser extent (imho). Expect a different game. After all, they are different teams.

If WC lose next week, they won't make the GF. They will want to make it. Any team would want to make it if they had the choice. Are you suggesting that there's no pressure on them to win?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back