Geelong vs West Coast Eagles Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Geelong by 119.

WCE won't have the umpires in Melbourne. Were worth at least 11 goals to them tonight, plus 4 arse goals they got. Rigged result imo. Don't know why either seeing as Carlton would draw 90k plus to the next match. AFL are obviously stupid.

Congratulations!

Not only do you have excuses for the last loss, you also have an opinion.

golf-clap.gif

Yes, that is right. I believe Geelong are going to win the PF and i believe that the loss in Perth was largely due to a period of player management at Geelong.

That is my opinion. Opinions being something one gives on an opinion based football forum. Surprising, no?

In the future you might try developing an actual argument, rather than using an animated gif or image to put your position forward. Who knows, you might even end up writing an entire paragraph. And kudos for you if you did!

Cats will probably win by 20-30,season was capped off tonight with that brilliant win. Will get 3 finals(1 win) into 10 or so players and be waaaaaay better for it next year,pretty excited.

Don't think we will come close to Geelong.

Especially if Kennedy, Cox and Lynch are not 100%.

Early prediction is Geelong by 6 goals.

IMO anything can happen, yes Geelong will be solid favourites but who knows , I thought we played really well against Collingwood and we were without Kerr, if we'd kicked straight in the last quarter against Collingwood we probably would have only lost by a kick. 1 thing I think is this Eagles team on the day would be capable of beating Geelong, who would Geelong have rather played? If Carlton had got over the line tonight they would put up a solid performance next week you'd think, but the eagles do have some x factors like NicNat, Kennedy, Kerr, Shuey, Darling, Glass, Lecras .. if these guys showed up next week and turned it on anything could happen.

Geelong by 6 or so goals I think, tonight was a tough game and Geelong will be rested.

Just need to keep the intensity of the past few weeks up to give ourselves a chance.

Being 'rested' means nothing. Look at 07' when we travelled to Perth, went to over time and knocked you guys out. We had to travel back to Melbourne to take on the rampaging Cats and lost by a Guy Richards.

Anything is possible and I reckon the Coasters are better off with a hard hitout like tonight the week before taking on the Cats.

Good luck. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Instead of West Coast being tired and sore like everyone is assuming, maybe they will be battle hardened and ready to put their bodies on the line?

Having said that, the Cats have to much class in my opinion. Cats by 20

Instead of West Coast being tired and sore like everyone is assuming, maybe they will be battle hardened and ready to put their bodies on the line?

Having said that, the Cats have to much class in my opinion. Cats by 20

I wouldn't say the Cats have too much class, they aren't any more talented than wce they are just a lot more mature,strong and experienced.

Yes, that is right. I believe Geelong are going to win the PF and i believe that the loss in Perth was largely due to a period of player management at Geelong.

That is my opinion. Opinions being something one gives on an opinion based football forum. Surprising, no?

In the future you might try developing an actual argument, rather than using an animated gif or image to put your position forward. Who knows, you might even end up writing an entire paragraph. And kudos for you if you did!

wow. an epic, three paragraph, eight sentence response calling me out for my supposed inability to construct a lengthy and constructive argument. how do i compete with that?

i guess i pitched my initial response to you in graphic form as a sympathetic gesture, as you seem like the kind of person who only reads books with a lot of pictures and very few words.

Yeah clearly we beat you this year and the entire reason we finished 4th was completely the umpires fault. I mean we only got within 20 points of Collingwood because of the umpires and their injuries. Yeah we are so Bradburying into a preliminary final. Wow I guess we shouldn't turn up.

West Coast match up very well vs Geelong. Last year they were ahead at half time at home plus almost lead at half time in Geelong as well. Hawkins and Pods will be dominated by Glass and Mackenzie. It will be up to SJ, Chappy, Christensen etc to kick the winning score. I'm not so sure they can do that in a final. WC will win IMO.

Here's another interesting fact:

Joel Selwood hasn't lost a game against one (or more) of his brothers. (He was out suspended in Round 16, and Troy wasn't playing when the Lions beat us in 2009.)
Ha, that's cool, hopefully we can change that this week.

It's a game we can certainly win. In the win earlier in the year there was long periods when we really split em open and they had no answer.

If we can keep do that for longer periods, we can beat them again.

The eagles were doing the same thing at the same time, only HEAVIER than Geelong ;)

All clubs in the top part of the ladder do it mate. Geelong aren't unique in that regard.

People can bring up stats, recent premierships and all the rest but none of it really bears any relevance.

Fact of the matter is we beat Geelong last time we played and anything can happen in a prelim.

The last game is irrelevant as well.

You think that because you beat us at Subi in the middle of the H&A season, that means you will beat us in a PF?

Sure, you're a tough team and will be hard to put away, but when there is something on the line, I'm betting that the Cats players will be far more motivated and determined to win than they were when we played you last time and our players have a vast amount of winning finals experience.

Keep in mind that when we played you last time we were in a form slump of sorts - we had just come off a loss against a poor Essendon side and struggled the week after the West Coast game against Brisbane.

Being 'rested' means nothing. Look at 07' when we travelled to Perth, went to over time and knocked you guys out. We had to travel back to Melbourne to take on the rampaging Cats and lost by a Guy Richards.

Anything is possible and I reckon the Coasters are better off with a hard hitout like tonight the week before taking on the Cats.

Good luck. :thumbsu:

In 2007 Collingwood took on the Eagles who were missing Cousins, Judd and Kerr. Plus a coaching howler by Worsfold saw Glass come off 5 minutes before 3/4 time for a "planned rotation" and his opponent Anthony Rocca kicked 2 goals in that time after having not touched the ball up to that stage. It was a miracle we hung on for a draw, before losing in extra time. Sad that you had to travel back to Melbourne to play in a final after that win, sounds tough!

Geelong should get us by about 6 goals I reckon.
I will enjoy us going in as massive underdogs, that no one rates as a chance, though.
Either way, if somebody had suggested to me at the start of the season, that we would play off in a prelim, I would have laughed my arse off. So this is a bonus really.

All the best to both teams on the weekend. Think geelong will win reasonably comfortably even though we match up on them very well. Have a lot of respect for the way the cats go about it and even their supporters on here have been very humble with the success that the cats have had over the journey.

Either way though i hope either the eagles win comfortably of geelong win comfortably because my heart cant take much more of these close games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back