Geelong vs West Coast Eagles Prelim

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
However I think Hawkins can get past any of your defenders, as his size and strength is unbelievable.

Surely you jest? Hawkins will be absolutely towelled up by McKenzie, just like Cloke was two weeks ago and Cloke is 10 times the forward Hawkins is.

That being said, I still think Geelong will win, but I doubt it will be on the back of their tall forwards as they won't beat McKenzie and Glass.

Geelong are going to win this game easy. I just can't see West Coast pulling it off. They had a tough game against Collingwood over in Vic than they flew back to WA and played another tough game last night against Carlton and now they need to fly back over to Vic again. West Coast has an advantage with their forwards but defence, and midfield advantage goes to Geelong and Geelong compensate for their forwards by having soo many goal kicking midfielders. Geelong by 5 goals.

I was more concerned about losing to Carlton than Geelong. I think we have a great shot we just need to stop Varcoe, Christensen, Johnson, Chapman and we'll win the game.

Would I be right in not expecting Corey to not be playing? Out for the year?

I was more concerned about losing to Carlton than Geelong. I think we have a great shot we just need to stop Varcoe, Christensen, Johnson, Chapman and we'll win the game.

Would I be right in not expecting Corey to not be playing? Out for the year?

A bit strange to have Christensen and Varcoe in the 'must stop' category I wouldnt consider either in our best 10, but hey, if you want to send your Selwoods to them I wouldnt mind a bit. :)

From what we have been told Corey is 100% to return, Geelong have never been one to play it straight on injuries though.

From what we have been told Corey is 100% to return, Geelong have never been one to play it straight on injuries though.

You are nowhere near as bad as St Kilda though.

We used to be bad - but have been much more open this year

Can't wait for this game !!:thumbsu:

Eagles had a really really tough game ..it has to have taken a lot out of them ....some sore and sorry boys today i would imagine .

The Cats are a better side to start with, so i would expect them to win comfortably ...by about 5 goals .

Eagles will have a crack ..but the Cats just too good and too prepared and rested.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Geelong to win easily - ill say 64 points. Too much travel for west coast and after a bruising encounter against Carlton.
The pies vs hawks game will be the close one.

I think it was the other way around ..the eagles only had to turn up to win according to you and most other eagles supporters ...but this week the Cats will be just a lot too good .

Just because you and tibbida and bluesman11 and several other blokes repeat this lie repeatedly doesn't mean that its true ... :)

We, repeatedly, showed reasons why we thought we could win. You guys came back with abuse, shit stirring and false assertions.

On the upside, there is always 2012 for the Blues :)

Yep, Saturday arvo MCG. 2.20pm Melbourne time kickoff
They aren't going to bounce the ball to start this match then? Are you sure about that?
Being 'rested' means nothing. Look at 07' when we travelled to Perth, went to over time and knocked you guys out. We had to travel back to Melbourne to take on the rampaging Cats and lost by a Guy Richards.
This match came to my mind too. A lot of people have been suggesting that a hard and tough match is bad preparation, but that isn't certain, particularly as Geelong has had the not so ideal preparation of only three matches in the past five weeks.
Anything is possible and I reckon the Coasters are better off with a hard hitout like tonight the week before taking on the Cats.
I think so too, and although I think Geelong will win, I reckon the Eagles might go pretty close.

Just because you and tibbida and bluesman11 and several other blokes repeat this lie repeatedly doesn't mean that its true ... :)

We, repeatedly, showed reasons why we thought we could win. You guys came back with abuse, shit stirring and false assertions.

On the upside, there is always 2012 for the Blues :)

The thread is there for all to see and witness for themselves :rolleyes:

And yes there is always 2012 for all teams ..including the Eagles after this weekend coming.

First week people said Collingwood will smash Eagles, they didn't.
Last week people said Eagles will smash Carlton, they didn't.
This week people say Geelong will smash Eagles..

I believe Geelong will win and wouldn't be surprised if it was by a decent margin but nothing is guaranteed, it is finals after all.

Some matchups I think will happen -

Mackenzie v Pods
Selwood v Selwood
Kerr v Ling
Kennedy v Taylor
Cox v Otten
Lecras v Hunt
Butler v Johnson
Priddis v Kelly
Lynch v Lonergan
Darling v Scarlett
Glass v Hawkins
Naitanui v West
Shuey v Bartel

Should be some good to watch match ups. I think both teams match up pretty well against each other. I'm hoping our players under injury clouds come up for the game.

[/B]
Oh yes, we are well aware of how lucky Geelong is to be playing at the MCG. Very aware of the advantages for Geelong only travelling 6 times this year compared with 10 and being able to play 6 games on the GF ground MCG when Eagles have only played there once this year outside of finals. Yes, we are definitely aware of the inequity of it all!

I presume you will be a bit more confident of that inequity being knocked out if you have Ray Chamberlain and Rosebury in your corner.

Aim for at least 4-5 50 metre penalties at least. Ray loves handing those out.

First week people said Collingwood will smash Eagles, they didn't.
Last week people said Eagles will smash Carlton, they didn't.
This week people say Geelong will smash Eagles..

I believe Geelong will win and wouldn't be surprised if it was by a decent margin but nothing is guaranteed, it is finals after all.

Some matchups I think will happen -

Mackenzie v Pods
Selwood v Selwood
Kerr v Ling
Kennedy v Taylor
Cox v Otten
Lecras v Hunt
Butler v Johnson
Priddis v Kelly
Lynch v Lonergan
Darling v Scarlett
Glass v Hawkins
Naitanui v West
Shuey v Bartel

Should be some good to watch match ups. I think both teams match up pretty well against each other. I'm hoping our players under injury clouds come up for the game.

Good post :thumbsu: And i agree ...but i also believe that last nights game would have taken a lot out of the Eagles team..and with the Cats being well rested they should be too fresh (and good) for the Eagles .

They weren't from free kicks. :rolleyes:

Go wach the first quarter again, two non free's from the centre bounce, ball goes forward > goals.

The umpires basically gifted you the momentum in the first 15 minutes and you were 4 goals up.

Then the crap decisions started going both ways.

Someone linked to a old Blues thread after last seasons loss to the Swans, almost the exact same whinging posts 12 months ago, always the umpires fault you lost.:cool::thumbsdown:

Poor umpiring goes both ways and you / we / the coaches / the players can't do anything about it so why bother crying about it.

I've watch the replay once last night and the last quarter again this arvo, you sit back and both sides made heaps of errors that cost them / could have cost them the game. Davies grabbing Darling and throwing him to the ground was the worst stuff up of the night, Judd's panic kick to Gaff, no one marking Hurn who Gaff handballed to and kicked from 60, Murphy missing easy shots, Simpson missing an easy shot, O'Halpin missing. Then you get that lucky bounce over Glass's head and Garlett goals bringing it to 3 points.

Swings and round abouts, some go your way and others don't.

Kreuze - Missile wants the AFL to ban taggers because poor Juddy had a quiet game, Scott Selwood got more of it than the bloke he was tagging. But even the commentators even said in the last quarter:

"Why don't the Blues help Judd out with a block" or two or three?

Judd as an Eagle beat tags by getting help from Rowan Jones and Stenglein blocking for him. Why hasn't Ratten and your mids worked this out? Is this the umpires fault as well?

Open both eyes and when you do have a good look at what Carlton needs to do better asa team to win finals instead of taking easy, uninformed pot shots at the umpires or anyone else who you think you can blame.:cool:

How many goals did Cloke and Dawes kick last week? I said Mackenzie and Glass will shut down the tall options

I never said Hawkins and Podsiadly would kick all the goals, so I don't care much. However, I reckon Hawkins will out muscle and use his size to his advantage against whoever is put on him. Cloke and Dawes are different to Pods and Hawkins. You can't always go on expecting the same performance week in, week out, when the opponents are completely different.

so it's you that does not have any idea. It will be up to the small forwards to kick the goals.

Are you implying that you know more about my team than me?

We've got around 2 small forwards in Chapman and Stokes. Are you saying they'll kick all the goals of the game?

If you're going to make such outrageous arguments, at least have something to back it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back