No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree. There's next to no coverage of AFL in Sydney. When was the last time you heard about what Bud's been up to?
If the reports from the WA BF Hawk fans on here that have seen him out on the town in a bad state are true then just wait till he rubs shoulders with Sydney’s shady characters. FWIW I’m not hoping he fails but rather just pointing out that adding someone with his reputation to the cocaine capital of the country is a recipe for disaster. Not having any spotlight on him probably isn’t a good thing either because it will be easier for him to keep on keeping on with what he’s done in the past.

I guess you have to live here to realise what I'm talking about. There's no AFL paparazzi here.
No paparazzi doesn’t stop you from snorting up half of Peru mate or going on huge booze benders. It just means that it won’t be televised in the news as much.

Furthermore to Hogan I really hope he can sort himself out and I was kind of thinking today after hearing the Beams interview that he’s suffering from a similar kind of mental illness / depression that he is after losing his father. It really seems to me like he has unattended to issues and he’s dealing with them in a destructive way.

Last edited:

and what bullshit this is

Lol, they have pick 1 in the PSD and have already stated previously that if Crouch were to still be at Adelaide in 2021 then there would be no bad blood. He's not going to name a contract price they couldn't afford over St Kilda this year. And if he's that keen to leave Adelaide he can simply agree to be traded next year instead.

So either they've just tried to bluff the comp and failed, or they're incredibly stupid. Or maybe even both.

Probably both.

Lol, they have pick 1 in the PSD and have already stated previously that if Crouch were to still be at Adelaide in 2021 then there would be no bad blood. He's not going to name a contract price they couldn't afford over St Kilda this year. And if he's that keen to leave Adelaide he can simply agree to be traded next year instead.

So either they've just tried to bluff the comp and failed, or they're incredibly stupid. Or maybe even both.

Probably both.
Or they didn't want him and tried to get the AFL to give them pick #2 and when that didn't work had to pretend to think about it before taking what was offered

Probably both.
Ralphy still hasn't come down from his high

No paparazzi doesn’t stop you from snorting up half of Peru mate or going on huge booze benders. It just means that it won’t be televised in the news as much.

Furthermore to Hogan I really hope he can sort himself out and I was kind of thinking today after hearing the Beams interview that he’s suffering from a similar kind of mental illness / depression that he is after losing his father. It really seems to me like he has unattended to issues and he’s dealing with them in a destructive way.
For his sake, the less media attention on his mental issues the better.

Dodoro is the Donald Trump of the AFL. He's basically beyond satire.
Many Essendon* fans out there still worship him as a hero, such is a reflection of how little else about their club they have to feel positive about.

giphy.gif

Or they didn't want him and tried to get the AFL to give them pick #2 and when that didn't work had to pretend to think about it before taking what was offered
So option A: Failed bluff.

No club is going to believe them next time they claim they're going to match a RFA offer that doesn't get them certain compo. All bark, no bite.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Essendon getting pick 7 for Daniher is still a ****in joke....AFL only care about the “optics” when it suits.

Adelaide should have read the tea leaves when they were handsomely overcompensated with a second round pick for Rory Atkins....there was no pick 2 coming for Crouch from that point on, they had already received their Crouch compensation in advance via Atkins.

Should have shut up shop publicly and gone to work on improving their draft position with the two 2nd round picks they were gifted.

So option A: Failed bluff.

No club is going to believe them next time they claim they're going to match a RFA offer that doesn't get them certain compo. All bark, no bite.
The whole thing should be packed in because unless you have AFL backing on that deal all you have is bark

If I see one more Crow fan say they got reamed losing a B&F winner for a 2nd round pick I am going to explode.

They didn’t even offer him a contract they wanted him to explore his options thinking he could net them lick 2. Incompetence is what lost them Crouch for a 2nd round pick.

I'd love to see Hogan get himself right and play some consistent footy in 2021.
Same. As much as I'm a one eyed Hawk I always hope players that have faced adversity can turn things around. In the past I'm talking about guys like Cousins, Fev etc. Yeah 99% of the time its self inflicted but I always hope for the best in a fellow human.

Richmond getting the suns future 3rd for Oleg Markov (who was a late pick and marginal player) is good going by Richmond. Every year they seem to get over the odds for marginal players to restock during draft (and they take a fair few picks so turnover list more than we typically do - which is a good reason why they kept finding late draft gems).

Basically getting more for Markov than we get for smith.

Richmond getting the suns future 3rd for Oleg Markov (who was a late pick and marginal player) is good going by Richmond. Every year they seem to get over the odds for marginal players to restock during draft (and they take a fair few picks so turnover list more than we typically do - which is a good reason why they kept finding late draft gems).

Basically getting more for Markov than we get for smith.
Clubs can be willing to pay overs for players with IP from the current Premiership team. Another advantage of staying near the top.

For a bloke who's career was basically over in 2015, Shaun McKernan has not done badly for hisself

For a bloke who's career was basically over in 2015, Shaun McKernan has not done badly for hisself
In footy, if you are not good, be tall. You get 10 years on decent coin just for height

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back