No Oppo Supporters General AFL and other clubs discussion thread. **Opposition fans not welcome** Part 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can rate him. I don't.

Should've got way more for Daniher last year than what they received this year. Ended up "slightly" winning trades on Saad and Caldwell only to miserably fail to land Dunkley. Ultimately they lost Daniher, Saad and Fantasia and got very little back to improve the list. Major fail.

Could easily win the spoon next season with the worst list.

If Dodo is as good as some say why was he not able to pick off any of the Collingwood Carcass?
I don't get this fail on Dunkley vibe.

Personally felt he made a fair and reasonable offer a first and future second sits about right for said player. The Dogs wanted to bend him over for his assets not what the player was worth. If you say he should have paid overs to get a player that nominated your club is a win just look at how some assess our O'mera trade.
Securing a player at any cost isn't a win.

Personally felt he made a fair and reasonable offer a first and future second sits about right for said player. The Dogs wanted to bend him over for his assets not what the player was worth. If you say he should have paid overs to get a player that nominated your club is a win just look at how some assess our O'mera trade.

Please. If he’s asking pick 8 for Saad, you don’t court a contracted for 2 more years talented mid that publicly nominated you for that pick and a 2nd rounder. Pay the 2 firsts get a future 2nd rounder back, that’s fair. By over inflating Saad he’s hampered any attempts to devalue a contracted Dunkley. The fact he’s failed to land a player that nominated them and that would also help them greatly is embarrassing.

Please. If he’s asking pick 8 for Saad, you don’t court a contracted for 2 more years talented mid that publicly nominated you for that pick and a 2nd rounder. Pay the 2 firsts get a future 2nd rounder back, that’s fair. By over inflating Saad he’s hampered any attempts to devalue a contracted Dunkley. The fact he’s failed to land a player that nominated them and that would also help them greatly is embarrassing.

Dodoro basically courted any talent that was available, then when he got the guys he could get done, he left Dunkley out to dry, he got Hind, Caldwell and Wright, he obviously wanted Dunkley, but he was never going to overpay, the dogs shouldnt have wasted their time with him, hes a bad faith actor, always has been, always will.

also with Daniher, he rejected Pick 9 2019 and Pick 3 2020 for a Pick 7 2020 compo, he cost Essendon a lot of assets with that 1 deal, oh and he couldve got a lot better deal for Fantasia last year as well, another costly mistake, but im not complaining, also Dunkley would have been a big coup for Essendon especially after losing a bunch of guys and possibly losing a few more next year, bringing in Dunkley might have been enough to convince some to stay? but oh yea, he won that trade not paying overs ect AFTER initiating the trade.

Last edited:

And what did we pay for a future brownlow medalist, pick 13.
Look I get the dodo hate but what they put up was fair, it doesn't pay to make comparisons and better to look at the trade in isolation.
Two first for mine is reserved for absolute top end players, it's all I would have offered for Cameron. Remember * paid two first for Shiel, we baulked at that.
It's an opinion game so you are absolutely entitled to yours.

Personally felt he made a fair and reasonable offer a first and future second sits about right for said player.
The Dogs wanted to bend him over for his assets not what the player was worth. If you say he should have paid overs to get a player that nominated your club is a win just look at how some assess our O'mera trade.

They did make a fair offer, Hawthorn fans just have this wild obsession that if a player commits to you then you should just offer whatever it takes to get the deal done even if it means it getting bent over.

Dons were smart to pull out of the Dunkley deal, for multiple top 8 picks you'd want an absolute elite talent not just a good talent.

And what did we pay for a future brownlow medalist, pick 13.
Look I get the dodo hate but what they put up was fair, it doesn't pay to make comparisons and better to look at the trade in isolation.
Two first for mine is reserved for absolute top end players, it's all I would have offered for Cameron. Remember * paid two first for Shiel, we baulked at that.
It's an opinion game so you are absolutely entitled to yours.

Completely different scenarios. We paid pick 14 for an out of contract player that Sydney decided they didn't want to keep ahead of others. Essendon targeted a contracted player from another club, and that club did not want to get rid of him - in that case you have to pay more than you want, and not lowball them with the same pick you got for an out of contract 27 year old.

Completely different scenarios. We paid pick 14 for an out of contract player that Sydney decided they didn't want to keep ahead of others. Essendon targeted a contracted player from another club, and that club did not want to get rid of him - in that case you have to pay more than you want, and not lowball them with the same pick you got for an out of contract 27 year old.

Dons did very well to get what they did for Saad, worth a late 1st rounder IMO, so I wouldn't always use that as a case for comparison.

If you’re going to seduce a contracted player and get him to nominate you as his new home you’re duty bound to get it done, and knowing how much $$ Dodoro was willing to offer Dunkley to get him to even look at it he then needed to stump up the trade price.

if he honestly thought he could approach a contracted Dunkley offer him the money he did, then offer a first and second and the Dogs would say “yeah sure, no problem” he’s even more deluded than I thought.

If you’re going to seduce a contracted player and get him to nominate you as his new home you’re duty bound to get it done, and knowing how much $$ Dodoro was willing to offer Dunkley to get him to even look at it he then needed to stump up the trade price.

if he honestly thought he could approach a contracted Dunkley offer him the money he did, then offer a first and second and the Dogs would say “yeah sure, no problem” he’s even more deluded than I thought.

I don't blame the Dogs for not dealing given the contract situation, but I also don't blame the Dons for not overpaying, I don't think you build strong lists by giving up multiple top 8 picks for players of Dunkley's skillset.

I don't blame the Dogs for not dealing given the contract situation, but I also don't blame the Dons for not overpaying, I don't think you build strong lists by giving up multiple top 8 picks for players of Dunkley's skillset.
IMO the key is that Dodo initiated the entire scenario. It becomes his responsibility to get it done. Perhaps it would have been better to try to split one of their current firsts for two later firsts, then use one of the later picks to get the trade over the line. He'd still have his three first, one would just be much later.

Refer to alan jeans. You pay the price lest you regret it. Those shoes man they inspire.

How do you think dunkley is feeling? Its not like buying and selling horses. Dunkley took a leap oF faith and dodo just let him fall of that cliff now he has to go back home injured. You honour your commitments. It endears you to players. Dodo's antics last year ensured they lost players this year. Yes you can get players over for money but i would rather pay the trade price than money.

interesting. Eddie is running out of propaganda programs to run his bullshit. Footy show is dead. MMM breakfast is dead. If Fox Footy sacked him it would be over. Hard to unashamedly push your sponsors on who wants to be a millionaire.

isn't his production company doing those AFL docos for Amazon Prime?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Refer to alan jeans. You pay the price lest you regret it. Those shoes man they inspire.

How do you think dunkley is feeling? Its not like buying and selling horses. Dunkley took a leap oF faith and dodo just let him fall of that cliff now he has to go back home injured. You honour your commitments. It endears you to players. Dodo's antics last year ensured they lost players this year. Yes you can get players over for money but i would rather pay the trade price than money.
Agree mostly with what you say.

Dunkley also made a commitment to the dogs for a further two years. Swings and round a bouts.

I also think it's quite clear that agreement with the bombers mean nothing untill they have you in a red sash doing a photo shoot for the media.

The stupidity of the pies is that the covid cap changes gave them the perfect out for their cap mismanagement
Unforseen circumstances like no other

Instead they've pretended that the pandemic hasn't impacted their plans...

This. There's a perfectly rational reason they got to where they were (And poor luck with Beams didn't help) - and getting rid of some players on high salaries is a perfectly reasonable thing to do, given the salary cap circumstances.

But the way they've gone about it and refuse to own it is turning it into a complete culture killing PR disaster.

Can't remember seeing anything like it.

If Collingwood just came out and said “we f’ed up our salary cap”, I’m sure some supporters would be pissed but would eventually get over it pretty quickly. After all, it’s somewhat of an understandable position to be in, particularly this year. But all the lying and finger pointing and claims of other players wanting them out, and Ned Guy saying they wanted to improve their draft position (seriously wtf lol), etc etc. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if this was the beginning of the end for both Bucks and Guy.

It was always my problem with Essendon's attitude to the drugs saga. I can't speak for everyone, or course, but for me if Essendon has just come out and said, "Yes, we did it, we're prepared to cop our whack", then the whole thing would have gone away in 6 months. Most people would have probably forgotten about it by now.

Why must football administrators adopt the same lamentable behaviour of that of a politician. Blatantly lying, covering up, treating each scenario in a clandestine fashion, and above all, not being level with the game's most valuable asset .... the football public.

And the most annoying part is treating supporters like idiots when it really is obvious what's going on. It's like a neurotic compulsion football administrators have to talk rubbish. They're right up there with politicians, the media and used car salesman as people whose words you treat with general mistrust.

It's okay Collingwood, it really is. We get it. Somewhere along the track you stuffed up the salary cap and have been forced to remedy your situation. It's fine, to err is human. You haven't won any flags in the interim, so it's not going to cost in that regard. However, please consider your supporters. They deserve to hear the truth. They will still support you, it's what supporters do.

So cease playing your silly little games and breathe a little integrity back into a game which, let's be honest, could really use some right now. This is not just a shot at Collingwood by the way.

It was always my problem with Essendon's attitude to the drugs saga. I can't speak for everyone, or course, but for me if Essendon has just come out and said, "Yes, we did it, we're prepared to cop our whack", then the whole thing would have gone away in 6 months. Most people would have probably forgotten about it by now.

Why must football administrators adopt the same lamentable behaviour of that of a politician. Blatantly lying, covering up, treating each scenario in a clandestine fashion, and above all, not being level with the game's most valuable asset .... the football public.

And the most annoying part is treating supporters like idiots when it really is obvious what's going on. It's like a neurotic compulsion football administrators have to talk rubbish. They're right up there with politicians, the media and used car salesman as people whose words you treat with general mistrust.

It's okay Collingwood, it really is. We get it. Somewhere along the track you stuffed up the salary cap and have been forced to remedy your situation. It's fine, to err is human. You haven't won any flags in the interim, so it's not going to cost in that regard. However, please consider your supporters. They deserve to hear the truth. They will still support you, it's what supporters do.

So cease playing your silly little games and breath a little integrity back into a game which, let's be honest, could really use some right now. This is not just a shot at Collingwood by the way.
Pretty simple really, the behaviour is rife with in senior management, government etc in all sectors, AFL is no different.

fortunately it is slowly disappearing but there handling of this in the public eye is truly unbelievable.

wouldn’t mind targeting Grundy on the cheap out of this, have a feeling he will sit out or play vfl grade footy next year because this story will stick to the club all year and it’s already culture destroying.

Pretty simple really, the behaviour is rife with in senior management, government etc in all sectors, AFL is no different.

fortunately it is slowly disappearing but there handling of this in the public eye is truly unbelievable.

wouldn’t mind targeting Grundy on the cheap out of this, have a feeling he will sit out or play vfl grade footy next year because this story will stick to the club all year and it’s already culture destroying.
I would be exceptionally surprised to see that. I'm not one who makes a lot of categorical statements, but I'd nearly go as far as to say 0% chance of that happening.

Wasn’t it Port chasing Grundy 2-3 years ago? Sliding door moment right there.

Is Darcy Moore a free agent next year? Be a good target

Think he re-signed for a few more years.

Not that contracts mean anything at the Pies right now!

I would be exceptionally surprised to see that. I'm not one who makes a lot of categorical statements, but I'd nearly go as far as to say 0% chance of that happening.
I’ll happily take any bet haha, purely a guess but just see it playing out badly

I’ll happily take any bet haha, purely a guess but just see it playing out badly
That won’t happen but every club will be targeting Collingwood players over the next 12 months. Their workplace culture is toxic. I really hope Lumumba gets his day in court and doesn’t let these arseholes bury things behind closed doors.

Pretty sure he's contracted until the end of 2022 which is a shame. I'd throw 1 million a year at him given our cap situation, his quality age and our lack of quality talls.

That won’t happen but every club will be targeting Collingwood players over the next 12 months. Their workplace culture is toxic. I really hope Lumumba gets his day in court and doesn’t let these arseholes bury things behind closed doors.
Reasoning is he is on almost 10% of their cap a year, if things go at all sour they will do the same as they did to treloar. And I don’t see it getting any better in under 12 months.

The dust is still yet to settle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back