No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Scott did the exact same during “umpire appreciation round”. Why’s everyone so worried to say how they feel in pressers and these two consistently walk the tightrope
Remember, whichever Scott brother said they have “AFL permission” to ‘discuss the issues’, so presumably everyone else doesn’t.

Good point.

Amazing that we get one post-match presser with Hardwick suggesting a rule change and within a week it's implemented.
To be fair I think the game has changed. There are so many players tackling by grabbing an arm now and this creates the dangerous situation where players are easily slung. We need quicker decisions.

The weekend was good - more holding the ball is good. Step in the right direction.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sydney's flag to lose . Freo were impressive over the weekend but I still think if a few injuries come there way they lack the depth. Currently they only have Brennan cox on it who would be best 22. Then have players like will brodie, Erasmus, Tom Emmett, Patrick Voss waiting in the wings. It's probably why Jaeger hs managed to keep his spot. They also struggle with quick teams who can take risks on transition.

What is wrong with the AFL administration? Why do they have to “radically reshape” footy? It seems at times like the AFL hates footy and wants it to be anything but the game it is.

View attachment 2009257
It's like everything. They're constantly remaking video games for "the modern audience" only for the modern audience to not buy them.

Also lol'd at Heraclean, can only imagine there's an overly patriotic Greek guy in editing who is trying to get one back on the Romans at the cost of maybe 50% of the Herald Sun's viewership not understanding the reference.

I’m not sure where to ask this, so I’ll ask here.
I’m coming from Tasmania to go to ghmba stadium to watch us play the pussy cats. I’ve never been there before and I’ll be bringing my wife and 2 kids (both under 5 🤨).
Where should we sit so we are not amongst the cat filth or is it a lucky dip?

Just in relation to the end of game 50m penalty given against Essendon - those 50's are ridiculous and the penalty is simply too much.

I think players need to give the ball to the umpire first, and the umpire can give it to the player receiving the free.

It's like everything. They're constantly remaking video games for "the modern audience" only for the modern audience to not buy them.

Also lol'd at Heraclean, can only imagine there's an overly patriotic Greek guy in editing who is trying to get one back on the Romans at the cost of maybe 50% of the Herald Sun's viewership not understanding the reference.

a maginicicent piece of journalism I thought

I wonder where big boy DemetrioU is these days too

I’m not sure where to ask this, so I’ll ask here.
I’m coming from Tasmania to go to ghmba stadium to watch us play the pussy cats. I’ve never been there before and I’ll be bringing my wife and 2 kids (both under 5 🤨).
Where should we sit so we are not amongst the cat filth or is it a lucky dip?
Try the MCG.

Just in relation to the end of game 50m penalty given against Essendon - those 50's are ridiculous and the penalty is simply too much.

I think players need to give the ball to the umpire first, and the umpire can give it to the player receiving the free.
Need to bring back the 15m penalty for minor infractions. Leave 50 for blatant late shit or for actions when play has stopped.

Would likely result in even more time wasting.

The Essendon one was poor, simply a player misunderstanding of who the free was for.

Umps just need to show some common sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back