No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hawthorn names here are odd. Moore is understandable, Sic more recently sure... Hardwick has had good games but realistically where do you select him? I also love Newc but he's not been anywhere near his titillating best so far, arguably I'd have Worps ahead of him.

The Hawthorn names here are odd. Moore is understandable, Sic more recently sure... Hardwick has had good games but realistically where do you select him? I also love Newc but he's not been anywhere near his titillating best so far, arguably I'd have Worps ahead of him.

Not even a discussion around the number one rated wing in the comp. :(

It’s not just the hawks names that are odd. There’s a number of players listed who have no hope of making the squad.

It’s not just the hawks names that are odd. There’s a number of players listed who have no hope of making the squad.
I'd have DiAmbrossio ahead of Newk and Hardwick. Also Scrimmers has been very good.

Sic would be lucky to make the team this year but TBH the AA selectors owe him a couple of selections from previous years so hopefully they apply the "Tom Stewart" rule in his favour and give him a square up.

So Cody Walker, son of Andrew can nominate Carlton for the draft in a couple of years under father-son rules.
But can also nominate Richmond as he is in its nga zone.
Doesn't nga rules mean you can match only from pick 40?
Or do the rules change when you are both father-son and nga?

So Cody Walker, son of Andrew can nominate Carlton for the draft in a couple of years under father-son rules.
But can also nominate Richmond as he is in its nga zone.
Doesn't nga rules mean you can match only from pick 40?
Or do the rules change when you are both father-son and nga?
If he nominates NGA the after 40 rule will still apply.

No idea where he is projected to be drafted but if it's in the top 40 and he wants to stay in VIC he should definitely go FS.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really feel like if you're eligible to be a father son, you shouldn't be in an NGA.
Mate, how else would someone like Cooper Hodge get exposed to AFL if it wasn't for academies?

The annual Tom Stewart gift spot
I always found it interesting that when he made the squad in 2019 he was the 5th LOWEST rated Med Defender that played over 20 games.

When you compare his season with Sic' that year he had:

Less intercept possessions
Less intercept marks
Less contested marks
Less defensive 1:1s
Worse defensive 1:1 loss rate
Less Pressure Acts
Less Spoils
Less Score Involvements
Less Score Launches

He really just had more disposals. Only way he was better than Sic that year, outside of the Geelong AA weighting.

I always found it interesting that when he made the squad in 2019 he was the 5th LOWEST rated Med Defender that played over 20 games.

Less intercept marks
Less contested marks
Less Pressure Acts
Less Spoils
Less Score Involvements
Less Score Launches

He really just had more disposals. Only way he was better than Sic that year, outside of the Geelong AA weighting.
And the attribute that makes Sicily stand out from almost all other KP defenders is his offensive capability with his kicking, he is truly unique.

Less intercept marks
Less contested marks
Less Pressure Acts
Less Spoils
Less Score Involvements
Less Score Launches

Yeah wow, I have always thought purely from the eye test that he is extremely overrated. Getting found out this year big time too.

Heard some interesting things over the handling of Petracca... not good that is for sure.
I wouldn’t be surprised. Whilst I understand there are no X Ray facilities at games, GP's can diagnose busted ribs without them.
Reckon there could be more to play out on this, unless the AFL shuts it all down of course. Which they will...

If Hawthorn recruited a bloke like Arie Shoenmakers I'd be pretty disgusted.
Not many things that a club could do to turn me away from them fully, but recruiting bad people is gross.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back