No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’re one of the few sports I can think of that doesn’t have some sort of opportunity for the best of the best to play together. It’s a real shame but part of the challenge with being an isolated code.
The NBA All Star Game is essentially dead. It’s unwatchable as no one plays defence and no one wants to get hurt

Brisbane must be one of the softest teams in it.

Anytime the opposition starts to get on top in the middle the lions start waving the white flag.

This is a game they should be winning easily

Fagan should be under the microscope more - he has squandered a premiership claibre side since 2020. Sure they came close last year but Ross Lyon has done that twice also and comes under question and rightfully so.

Hodge only talks when Brisbane are doing something. It's amazing
He supports them, his son is there, a lot of his friends are still there, super close with the coach, what do you expect?

He says positive things about us too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The entry of West Coast and Brisbane into the competition and the change from VFL to AFL pretty much ended the concept of Sate of Origin footy. And once Adelaide came into the comp it was done. Now we have two teams from SA and two from WA as well as two from Queensland and NSW there's really no need for it.

The only hope for a State of Origin would be at the U18 level - Pre Draft its about the highest honour you can get playing for Vic Metro/Country SA or WA so turn that into a spectacle and let us have an early look at the stars of tomorrow - those games mean something and they are going 100% to show their wares whereas a Senior state of origin would be half arsed as the players would just be avoiding injury

(as a haw I have never forgotten how gut wrenching it was to lose Tony Hall with a knee injury from a State of Origin game)
Disagree that origin is dead.
I think the classic origin at afl level is dead, but state-league games are there and can be built upon.
It would rely on the afl promoting the state leagues and giving them some money to recruit recently retired players, but could see retired stars pulling on the boots in state-leagues to play "origin" before they officially retire

Not sure I’ve seen two worse successive choke efforts than the last two forward entries from the Lions. Their finishing is worse than Charlie Cameron’s computer skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back