No Oppo Supporters General AFL discussion and other club news

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dodoro and Sheedy departing the Bombers. I really hate when good things happen to that club.

I expect the Essendon board is suitably happy. I’m torn. One one hand, basic humanity demands I feel something for my long suffering brethren. On the other hand, “Hawthorn, I hate them more than anything.” The Dons have earned their ridicule.

I expect the Essendon board is suitably happy. I’m torn. One one hand, basic humanity demands I feel something for my long suffering brethren. On the other hand, “Hawthorn, I hate them more than anything.” The Dons have earned their ridicule.

This is what makes misanthropy fun - I can always find joy in the suffering of the * folk. In terms of their football - these people deserve nothing but misery. If you are having trouble getting into that mindset I'll leave you with this.

1723788211754.png
1723788234554.png

AFL showing where their priorities are with threatening to take away funding from grassroots if the gambling laws change.

Disgusting considering there is more than enough funding in the AFL to cover the loss instead of taking it out of grassroots/children's programs.

Absolutely love the notion of gambling being eradicated from the code and all the nasties that go with it, I just wish the code wasn't so perverted by things like this.
Assistant coach of a women's club here.
We get a whole $0 from the afl, and none from our league.
Player rego is over $500 too, so it's not like it's even trickle down to keep the costs low for players.

Most clubs receive the same.
"Grassroots" funding is nothing but auskick, and reduces the costs from $150 to $50

Assistant coach of a women's club here.
We get a whole $0 from the afl, and none from our league.
Player rego is over $500 too, so it's not like it's even trickle down to keep the costs low for players.

Most clubs receive the same.
"Grassroots" funding is nothing but auskick, and reduces the costs from $150 to $50

Genuine disgrace.

The thing is that if the grassroots footy was well funded and free of funding issues I could almost stomach being yelled at 3 times an ad break by that Sportsbet flog. But if that's not happening then the AFL can shove that line of argument.

Don't get me started on gambling advertising. Sickening

At least booze ads used to be entertaining. Honestly I haven't ever seen a sports gambling ad that has had me not want to throw something hard and sharp into the television. Between any Youi ad and the Sportsbet ads during footy telecasts, and then BT and JB bleating at me - footy on 7 is the closest I will ever come to the feeling of being lobotomised.

Scrimshaw has had a very good year - but he cannot kick it like Sic. Sic will get in for that kick against Carlton alone.

I reckon Mass is no chance. 1 - he needs to serve his time. 2 - as others have said Essendon fan boys will not allow it
1 - no one has to serve time

It is supposed & should be picked on this years form & this years form only

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dylan Moore our only AA rep. Mass will make the squad of 40. Sicily probably in the squad of 40.

1 - no one has to serve time

It is supposed & should be picked on this years form & this years form only
100% - I hate the conditions people add to form. Body of work, gotta pay your dues, bla bla. We should be past guys getting spots on reputation, Buddy's last AA selection was a bit controversial on its own but being given the captaincy was a real low moment in recent history IMO. Pick for position, pick best form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back