General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I thought I'd check the '10 plays of Round 1' video on the AFL website to see what vision they'd have of our historic win against the saints at etihad...

Not a single clip.

There was however 3 different plays from the essendon hawks game.

Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit.....

So I thought I'd check the '10 plays of Round 1' video on the AFL website to see what vision they'd have of our historic win against the saints at etihad...

Not a single clip.

Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit. Vomit.....
Thanks for your sacrifice, saves me from watching it

Not a single clip.

Front AND back page of the Herald Sun too......... vomits galore

Not a single clip.

I noticed that too actually but I didn't mind it. Would rather events like us beating the Saints at Etihad fly under the radar.

the big story for me was the hawks , and when the heat went on in the last q , they had no leaders on the ground. Between them and the kangas can see 2 spots open from last years 8. Time will tell if we are good enough now to grab a spot .
I didn't see the game, but I suspected that might have been the case from following the score. With Mitchell and Lewis gone, and no Hodge, that was pretty likely, and will probably happen a number of times this year. I'd have thought they would have really liked the 70 disposals that they gave away for nearly nothing this weekend.

I didn't see the game, but I suspected that might have been the case from following the score. With Mitchell and Lewis gone, and no Hodge, that was pretty likely, and will probably happen a number of times this year. I'd have thought they would have really liked the 70 disposals that they gave away for nearly nothing this weekend.
Still think the hawks have enough quality to be around the bottom of the 8 , must admit i had a smirk on my face watching lewis run around for us too .

Thanks for the reasponse, but she'd prefer the men's gurnsey (in a men's cut and with the men's sponsors), as women's footy doesn't interest her. It's a bit of a tradition to get a new one each year, but this year's alternative strip (the white one) is awful. I'll call the club and inquire unless someone on here can can confirm it will become available. Surely it will. They wore it all pre-season and in round one.
They have form releasing the clash a bit late I think. This one will probably be released once the BOJ sponsor is secured.

From their board:

Mitchell and Lewis play on Saturday...we lose by 10 goals.

Lewis would have hung his head late in the second.

Just confirms that you can watch a champion team every week for years, claim them as your own, and still not have a ****ing clue.

What do Mitchell and Lewis have in common? Both were one of six players to win all four flags at Hawthorn and, more recently, both were 1+2 in the B&F last season - where they won about five games by under a goal.

From their board:

Mitchell and Lewis play on Saturday...we lose by 10 goals.

Lewis would have hung his head late in the second.

Just confirms that you can watch a champion team every week for years, claim them as your own, and still not have a ******* clue.

What do Mitchell and Lewis have in common? Both were one of six players to win all four flags at Hawthorn and, more recently, both were 1+2 in the B&F last season - where they won about five games by under a goal.
Whoa, that cool aide tho!

So basically, they've managed to completely change their perception of both players to fit the narrative that throwing them away for peanuts was a some stroke of genius.

I'd have thought it was pretty clear what got them over the line in those close games last year, and it wasn't Duryea or Hartung.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Loved Roosy's insights throughout the commentary on Saturday.
Offered up quite a bit on most of our players and sounded very much like he really really does hope we do well.

Melbournes his team now. You could feel his passion for the players still

Roosy was next level biased towards us, good to see him in the rooms after the game.
Which I loved! How good is it that we have a commentator on our side for once ... not just the usual condescending mock support we usually get, while still expecting the other side preparing to make a comeback.

Melbournes his team now. You could feel his passion for the players still
Particularly funny how he kept calling us Sydney. His love is a freudian complex in itself.

Also was it just me or did Jetta seem to be a little bigger in the arms. Just thought he looked more defined
He's definitely more solid and nuggety. Has come a bloody long way from ducking the head a few years back.
One of our most reliable week in week out

He's definitely more solid and nuggety. Has come a bloody long way from ducking the head a few years back.
One of our most reliable week in week out

He's an out and out gun one on one defender, remarkable how close his career was to being over and I reckon because of the way he plays he would have just toiled away in the WAFL until the end of his career

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back