General MFC Discussion 2.0

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He's definitely more solid and nuggety. Has come a bloody long way from ducking the head a few years back.
One of our most reliable week in week out

He still ducked his head on the weekend though lol. Got us a goal from it though so i say well done. Surprised commentators havent picked this up yet, hes actually quite effective at it.

He still ducked his head on the weekend though lol. Got us a goal from it though so i say well done. Surprised commentators havent picked this up yet, hes actually quite effective at it.

Yeah he drives hard with the shoulder at the tackler, really shouldn't have been a free kick because Nev brought on the contact
I turned to my missus and said he won't kick this and then he bloody did.

Yeah he drives hard with the shoulder at the tackler, really shouldn't have been a free kick because Nev brought on the contact
I turned to my missus and said he won't kick this and then he bloody did.
Obviously distracted were you? Nev came to us as a forward flanker , was never in doubt

He's an out and out gun one on one defender, remarkable how close his career was to being over and I reckon because of the way he plays he would have just toiled away in the WAFL until the end of his career
Yep. Says a bit about his character to be able to come back in the way he did

Obviously distracted were you? Nev came to us as a forward flanker , was never in doubt

Yeah but he can't normally kick from that far out and he didn't kick a single goal last year. It's not his strength.

But yeah a little distracted

I'm not sure if this has been explained elsewhere, but does anyone know why we are sponsor-less on the back of he jumper? And are there any rumors as to who might be filling the vacancy?
Thought pattern is that the redone AHG deal gets us the same amount of dosh for just the front and they're just waiting to find someone to take the back for the same.

No basis in fact, but I've just got a feeling it'll be done by ANZAC Day. Biggest exposure for the year.

Or in the worst case someone will get on board for the finals because who the hell wants to miss out on that marketing?

Thought pattern is that the redone AHG deal gets us the same amount of dosh for just the front and they're just waiting to find someone to take the back for the same.

No basis in fact, but I've just got a feeling it'll be done by ANZAC Day. Biggest exposure for the year.

Or in the worst case someone will get on board for the finals because who the hell wants to miss out on that marketing?
PJ has been in discussions and word on the street is that Chevrolet are looking to drop Manchester United to get on board prior to September.

I'm not sure if this has been explained elsewhere, but does anyone know why we are sponsor-less on the back of he jumper? And are there any rumors as to who might be filling the vacancy?

According to second hand info on Demon Blog, PJ rejected interest early to chase a mega deal which fell over at the last. Hopefully the wheels are in motion. Whilst it's a good look in the aesthetic sense, it's not a good look financially

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Understatement. Right now is the best time to buy a jumper.
How good do they look?
Had a Collingwood supporting mate say how terrible the away jumpers look. Poor guy just needs something non-Collingwood to talk about I think.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long until the Saints get sick of the taking one player over another:

Billings - Bont
Paddy - Petracca

I hope that comes up like we had over the last 10 years .. finally I think we have made some great choices and none better than Oliver.

Billings - Bont
Paddy - Petracca

I hope that comes up like we had over the last 10 years .. finally I think we have made some great choices and none better than Oliver.

We still took Wines over Toumpas and gave up the rights to pick 2 which could have netted us Bont

Billings - Bont
Paddy - Petracca

Quite a few saints fans on their board are recognising their failure to really nail high draft picks as what's holding them back.

Thank **** we have turned the corner on that

Blease, Strauss, Gysberts, Tapscott, Cook, Toumpas... it's bloody important to get it right. The problem is that there really is just no way of knowing sometimes.

Look at the NBA - they have 300 million people yet still manage to get busts with early draft picks. Sometimes a player can have everything going for them - talent, skills, apparent right mindset - but it just doesn't translate to the highest level.

Access All Areas on the AFL website just spent their time talking about how bad the saints were. Not one mention of us playing well

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Head on over to the Saints board for a laugh - there is 33 pages of A+ melting gold!!

Head on over to the Saints board for a laugh - there is 33 pages of A+ melting gold!!
Did you know that if Weller had of kicked those goals they would have won? If they were still 3-4 goals up at half time, we obviously would have been so haunted by the ghosts of past failures that the complete and utter demonlition (that was a typo, but I'm leaving it) of their midfield would never have taken place.

Did you know that if Weller had of kicked those goals they would have won? If they were still 3-4 goals up at half time, we obviously would have been so haunted by the ghosts of past failures that the complete and utter demonlition (that was a typo, but I'm leaving it) of their midfield would never have taken place.
Yep. Quite funny considering thy had 100 less possessions and were totally outplayed for 3 quarters

Sent from my SM-P555 using Tapatalk

We drafted talented players that we didn't develop properly, but they weren't bad picks. The Saints have drafted talented players who are significantly less talented than the players who went after them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back