Golf Geoff Ogilvy: The most boring Australian Sportsman ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is Geoff Oglivy the most boring top shelf Australian sportsman ever? I just saw that FoxSports ad he's done where he talks about people labelling him an Australian "because of where he was born" (WTF? :confused:) and a rocker because he play guitar (Rolf Harris is more of a rocker than you Geoff). Yet he says it in the same boring monotone and characterless manner he plays golf.

Am I alone in thinking that the guy has zero charisma?

Is Geoff Oglivy the most boring top shelf Australian sportsman ever? I just saw that FoxSports ad he's done where he talks about people labelling him an Australian "because of where he was born" (WTF? :confused:) and a rocker because he play guitar (Rolf Harris is more of a rocker than you Geoff). Yet he says it in the same boring monotone and characterless manner he plays golf.

You kidding?? This bloke has so much game he makes 99.9999% of the players on the planet seem like the are playing " boring characterless golf "

He strikes me as a relaxed humble guy who doesn't love the limelight.. If you watch interviews he is probably the most candid and honest Pro golfer out there.

If you watch interviews he is probably the most candid and honest Pro golfer out there.

Bingo

He just about keeps a site like Geoffshackelford.com in business with his quotes.

I'd prefer to watch a gun golfer over a hack who has charisma.

Exactly :thumbsu: I rather watch a guy who has a solid game overall, hit the ball well, put well etc. It's won him a major and a few WGC titles. Seems to be a relaxed type of guy who takes everything in his stride (he did use to have a temper though), it's not like every golfer is out there who try to light up the course with personality.

Yes.

Thread fail.

ESPN said:
The question golf writers get asked most is, "Who's your favorite touring pro to interview?" I used to hem and haw, but lately I just say "Geoff Ogilvy." Only 29, the defending U.S. Open champion has become the game's best talker among top players, and one of its most important voices

Ogilvy, runner-up to Henrik Stenson in last week's WGC-Accenture Match Play, is intelligent, articulate and personable. He's an intensely curious, fully engaged lover of the game with a gift for the aphoristic that is about four decades beyond his years. Like the great-playing talkers of the past -- Bobby Jones and Jack Nicklaus in particular -- he furthers the collective knowledge of the game.

Perceptive talkers are the lifeblood of sports journalism -- or any journalism.

http://sports.espn.go.com/golf/columns/story?columnist=diaz_jaime&id=2783215

Probably the only Australian golfer to tell it like it is

I used to cringe at Normans "I'm going to win" every week attitude, it was the same interview week after week year after year full of ambition and false bravado that was never there on Sundays back nine, but yet he has "charisma".

Give me Ogilvy anyday

Back 10 years ago.. Ogilvy used to show all emotions on the course. (He was no good) It took marriage and kids to calm him down and turn him into an absolute gun!!

Saw a great TV interview with him where he let the TV station into his home in Arizona. Great honest down to earth interview with one of Australias best current sportsmen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Golf Geoff Ogilvy: The most boring Australian Sportsman ever?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back