News Gerard Healy's Premiership Wildcard = US

Remove this Banner Ad

Mr Healy continues the Eagles love with this article http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl...erard-healy-says/story-e6frf3e3-1226130342788

Fancies us as a massive wildcard.

Gotta love the love that is shown to us at the moment.

West Coast are a $16 chance with sportsbet.com.au for the premiership and start their finals campaign against a slightly unsettled Collingwood in the first qualifying final at the MCG on Saturday.

They have the weapons - a multi-pronged forward line, the best ruck combination in the competition, and excellent forward press - that will make them a dangerous foe for any of the seven remaining sides.

man, he thought we were going to finish 16th pre-season...i'll take what he says about us with a pinch of salt.

Dear Woosha,

I don't ask for much and you have delivered more than I could have asked for this season.

But please, PLEASE, let the flying Fijian take the opening bounce this Saturday

Regards,

TFS[/quote]

OMG how awesome would that be -NicNat taps it straight down the throat of a unmarked Shuey who runs to the 50m arc and bombs the first goal within 30 secs of play..................aaaahhhh to dream!:D

Dear Woosha,

I don't ask for much and you have delivered more than I could have asked for this season.

But please, PLEASE, let the flying Fijian take the opening bounce this Saturday

Regards,

TFS

Seconded thanks Woosh.

Would be nice to mix it up a bit and start with a bit of spontaneous ruck work and rolling pack.

man, he thought we were going to finish 16th pre-season...i'll take what he says about us with a pinch of salt.

Healy knows he stuff. One of my favourites.

He wasn't the only one to predict us to be seller dwellers, and his reasonings for that were justified at the time.

Last year, our skills were nothing short of pathetic, no signs of this fantastic press, no signs of this team work we see, young players input have been much greater than expected!

Back to the OP. We won't get close, would be stoked with a finals win. Next year, we can consider the thought. Just want a good showing, and warning to the comp for next year :)

He's the only one "On the Couch" that gives us the time of day.

The Eagles should send him a signed Nic Naitanui framed photograph ;)

Why?

People rubbish the strategy, but it usually results in us getting the clearance, not necessarily from NN himself.

As I said in the other thread, I reckon we should try to isolate NN one-on-one in the F50. It would be a defenders worst nightmare.

Because I think our best centre square work is done with NN in the ruck - not as ruck rover.

I'm not opposed to the strategy at all - and hope to see it during the game - but for the first bounce in the finals - I want our most threatening ruckman taking the tap.

roos rates us highly, i take his opinion with a much higher value than that of healy.

healy just goes nuts for NN...and sandilands for that matter.

no doubt next year he'll be saying NN will win the brownlow. naitanui is a star, but healy does over-rate him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Because I think our best centre square work is done with NN in the ruck - not as ruck rover.

I'm not opposed to the strategy at all - and hope to see it during the game - but for the first bounce in the finals - I want our most threatening ruckman taking the tap.

Fair enough.

The fact that we're debating whether he should be our starting ruck, clearance midfielder or key forward would probably suggest we have a pretty handy player on our list.

roos rates us highly, i take his opinion with a much higher value than that of healy.

healy just goes nuts for NN...and sandilands for that matter.

no doubt next year he'll be saying NN will win the brownlow. naitanui is a star, but healy does over-rate him.

NN has just started getting air time on the FTA footy shows of late - particularly around his tapwork.

Caro is in love with him as well it seems

That's great from Gerard, and I hear he has more audio tapes from the coaches box, similar to the one he got with the Rodney Eade Audio.:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

News Gerard Healy's Premiership Wildcard = US

Remove this Banner Ad

Back