Tander

Team Captain
Aug 6, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Jets
Thought what he had to say was spot on and actually calmed me down a little a bit.
Need to just sit back a little bit and enjoy the ride. Any thoughts on the summary?

Thought what he had to say was spot on and actually calmed me down a little a bit.
Need to just sit back a little bit and enjoy the ride. Any thoughts on the summary?
Yeah, you didn't provide one.;)

He basically said our best will come in the next few seasons and people have been impatient to expect so much of us this season.

Inconsistency is to be expected on the way to the top.
Three years is a bit long for such consistent inconsistency.

What did he say?
Sorry popped out for a sec.

He said we are all impatient for results but we are in the final phase of our development, that it speaks volumes about where we are actually at. That we will get these fluctuations until we become bona fide contenders. Also mentioned that he had us pencilled in for next year and the year after and as he has seen with Geelong it will just take a little bit more time.

Sorry popped out for a sec.

He said we are all impatient for results but we are in the final phase of our development, that it speaks volumes about where we are actually at. That we will get these fluctuations until we become bona fide contenders. Also mentioned that he had us pencilled in for next year and the year after and as he has seen with Geelong it will just take a little bit more time.
Thanks Tander.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He basically said our best will come in the next few seasons and people have been impatient to expect so much of us this season.

Inconsistency is to be expected on the way to the top.

Completely disagree with this.

The last two years I could cop it but not now. We have an old list. That's a reality. We're probably carrying the least amount of developing, inexperienced players of any team in the competition.

...Game of Thrones been on lads...

Meme, did someone say meme...

8l030.jpg

Who can take Bummer Thompson seriously....

I wish I got paid that amount of money to walk around 24/7 asking and telling the world 'WHO GIVES A heck'.

The last two years I could cop it but not now. We have an old list. That's a reality. We're probably carrying the least amount of developing, inexperienced players of any team in the competition.

23 or under with 70 games or less:

North: 21
Richmond: 20
Essendon: 23
Hawthorn: 23
Freo: 19
Geelong: 30
Collingwood: 23
Port: 26
Carlton: 18
Adelaide: 23
Sydney: 22

Not much covering these teams, except for the Cats who have pushed youth whilst still having a number of senior players running around. It's hardly that big an issue when the balance can be seriously addressed in one draft and that we have Anthony, McMahon, Tippett and Nahas as older back up players.

I am still optimistic.

As I texted Orange Peanut at quarter time yesterday with my unbridled love and joy for the team, I couldn't help but see that sliver of heavenly light break through that tiny gap in the roof and think we are on our way to a Premiership.

HfEwUdy.gif

Of those in our best 30 (IMO) ...

25 and over
Brent Harvey
Drew Petrie
Michael Firitto
Nick Dal Santo
Daniel Wells
Nathan Grima
Scott Thompson
Sam Gibson
Andrew Swallow
Lindsay Thomas
Leigh Adams
Lachy Hansen
Todd Goldstein
Joel Tippett
Levi Greenwood
Robbie Tarrant

Don't buy that excuse either.

Alright. I can cop that. Only IF he can justify or explain if players like Petrie, Wells, Harvey and Grima will be in the picture when they finally do get to Geelongs status. They didn't get Dal or make moves for betts or a 3 year plan

look at it anyway you like, personally i think we are good, and the Suns are just Better.

and they wont be going backwards untill the talent they have assembled start wanting some more coin and the salary cap comes into play.

Remove this Banner Ad

Gerard on 360 Tonight

Remove this Banner Ad

Back