Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
As mentioned Atkins is a good pick but we'll probably get him in the rookie draft IMO.

Marlon Pickett would also be a great shout at 50 or 51 in the ND.

It's a risk but aren't they all?

I think our pick 12 ends up as 13 after a Blakey bid at 7 by the WB or 9 or 11 by GWS.

I would not be surprised to see Thomas and Quaynor bid on earlier than expected.

Kelly, Scott and Briggs will also attract bids in the second round IMO.

Our 50 and 51 will come into the 44 and 45 ball park IMO.

Players mentioned in this thread who I like.

12. B.King/B.Smith/RCD/B.Williams

44. Stack/Idun/Bytel/Pickett/Gown

45. Stack/Idun/Bytel/Pickett/Gown

F/S O.Brownless
Bytel is the bargain of the draft if you can get his body right, be surprised if a club doesnt take the risk before we pick at 50.

Atkins is a good insurance policy but I dont see how he improves our 22 tbh, would prefer we look elsewhere if drafting a mature ager.
Brilliant tackling pressure , which we don't have, good clearance winner. Look I don't think he would be in our best 22, but this time last year, Kelly, Henry, Sav wouldn't be in our best 22, we just never know.

Bytel is the bargain of the draft if you can get his body right, be surprised if a club doesnt take the risk before we pick at 50.
Bytel would have been a first/second rounder without the back injury.

Definitely worth a punt at 50 or 51 IMO.

That said, back injuries are a bad sign in an 18 year old.

Idun is raw but is a third tall defender and we will need one with Henry perhaps going forward this season and Kolo transitioning to CHB over the next couple of seasons.

He is a physical specimin and has natural defensive nous.

Stack could be as good as McHenry, Hill, Clark, Butters etc and will be a steal in the 40-50 range.

Gown is probably the best KPF option available in that range IMO.

Just watched the highlights of Jordan Clark, is he any chance of lasting to our pick? If he's not a 250 game player not sure I've seen one for an u/18 kid. Fast, tough, strong, aggressive attack on the game, nice kick, I'm sold! Will be dominating some half back line in a few years.
I just watched his highlights too - I agree - definite safe bet. I would be stoked if we picked him up.

Goal kicking numbers isn't necessarily an indication of kicking quality... I don't really rate Miers' kicking, but he was able to put plenty on the board for the Falcons.

What do we really know on that, seriously
First l've heard of anything with kicking.
If it's not Vanilla or slowness or endurance or awareness now kicking, the knockers thrive on this crap.
Fogarty looks like he strugges to kick beyond 40 mtrs is he improving? Yes!

Sometimes he's rushed he plays in the middle for goodness but when outside bet he kicks as good as any.

If it's not Vanilla or slowness or endurance or awareness now kicking, the knockers thrive on this crap.

Sometimes he's rushed he plays in the middle for goodness but when outside bet he kicks as good as any.
I'm not saying his kicking is a strength or a negative, just that goalkicking numbers aren't enough to decide either way.

Do you know how he went in the kicking tests at the combine?

I think the issue with Hately is 'whats the catch'? No one is actually knocking him, simply critiquing him to assess potential weaknesses. There has to be a reason he is rated a 10-25 draft position chance considering that on paper he has all the attributes of a top 5 pick.
If we pick him up we are wanting a Patrick Cripps and not a Jared Jansen.

Spot on...it's growth related and probably running on hard surfaces.
Take him regardless l think it's just a tempory thing and pretty minor.

Bytel would have been a first/second rounder without the back injury.

Definitely worth a punt at 50 or 51 IMO.

That said, back injuries are a bad sign in an 18 year old.

Idun is raw but is a third tall defender and we will need one with Henry perhaps going forward this season and Kolo transitioning to CHB over the next couple of seasons.

He is a physical specimin and has natural defensive nous.

Stack could be as good as McHenry, Hill, Clark, Butters etc and will be a steal in the 40-50 range.

Gown is probably the best KPF option available in that range IMO.

The club has said Henry will settle down back this season. Don’t want Stack, he’s a troubled young man by all reports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the issue with Hately is 'whats the catch'? No one is actually knocking him, simply critiquing him to assess potential weaknesses. There has to be a reason he is rated a 10-25 draft position chance considering that on paper he has all the attributes of a top 5 pick.

Been as high as 8th.

Just watched the highlights of Jordan Clark, is he any chance of lasting to our pick? If he's not a 250 game player not sure I've seen one for an u/18 kid. Fast, tough, strong, aggressive attack on the game, nice kick, I'm sold! Will be dominating some half back line in a few years.

Looks good but I think he gets a lot of cheap kicks. Not sure how much defending he does for a HBF, he doesn’t seem get near an opponent in his highlights. Anyone can look good playing loose across half back, I prefer my defenders to defend first.

Hately and RCD are the Cripps and Jansen of this draft, respectively.

Hately and RCD are the Cripps and Jansen of this draft, respectively.

Other way around for mine.

The way RCD moves through traffic, sells candy and uses speed to evade v the way Hately is unable to move through traffic and instead raises the arms to give away a handball (like GHS), says otherwise to me.

At the end of the day Wells will probably go someone random (I think Butters) with both Hately and RCD on the board so what's it matter?

Looks good but I think he gets a lot of cheap kicks. Not sure how much defending he does for a HBF, he doesn’t seem get near an opponent in his highlights. Anyone can look good playing loose across half back, I prefer my defenders to defend first.
We can get a Bews type in the 60s, a McGrath who this fella reminds me of a tad, they cost a bit more.

The way RCD moves through traffic, sells candy and uses speed to evade v the way Hately is unable to move through traffic and instead raises the arms to give away a handball (like GHS), says otherwise to me.

At the end of the day Wells will probably go someone random (I think Butters) with both Hately and RCD on the board so what's it matter?

A 1 minute clip, look across the season.

Come on to be fair I am not a knocker! You can't just have completely rose coloured glasses on him. I have highlighted what he is fantastic at including his elite endurance and ball winning at the contest as well as his astronomical numbers for a junior. I have met him and his old man and may well be working relatively closely with him next year but even I can acknowledge he has some flaws. Trust me when I tell you he is not a great kick. Neither his penetration nor his ball to hand when kicking is impressive. I still absolutely rate him as a player but he just isn't a great kick. He probably end up being serviceable to good and that would be enough for him to become a very good player IMHO.

I don't really have any problem with that. Some of the best running defenders in the game almost never defend. The absolute best at the moment Rory Laird never picks up a man.

The main difference between the two is Hately finds a lot of the ball and is a clearance machine, whereas RCD can't get near it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back