Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be very disappointed in Jones. The one player I really don’t want.

Sub 180cm
Pushed off the ball at U18 level
Poor decision making
No point of difference or hurt factor

Just a Lang type.

Screams complete bust to me.

Would look to trade 12 to freo for 14 + 31 if that’s how it played out do they could grab butters and we go someone like stocker at 14.

Jones would be a complete bust imo and we cannot stuff this draft up with only 1 good pick after so many years either trading out of the first round or stuffing up the first round
This would be a smarter move indeed.

Tbh, I do not think Pick 12 is that great in this draft, chances of a King, Smith, Clark falling to us are near zero imo.

I see him playing in a variety of positions. He's skilfull enough to become an elusive running wingman and he could also play as a creative back flanker.

He's a smart footballer that could become a decent player down the track once he puts on the size. He's not afraid of physical contact and he has all the attributes to make the grade. Nous, vision, composure, poise, leadership qualities and endeavor.
Arguably the slowest player in the draft is an illusive wingman? I'll happily return serve with a turn it up.

Other points of interest from Cal Twomey’s article and players he’s linked us to with other picks:
Brownless and shlensog obviously
Connor Udon and says geelong tried to get him included in our academy. Hence the earlier confusion about this and they must also have interest if they wanted him in.
Sam fletcher inside midfielder Dandenong rangers
Adam Tipungwuti small forward from Tiwi islands cousin of Anthony MacDonald tipungwuti.

Let's hope that Landsberger is more accurate than Twomey.

He has Adelaide bidding on every possible academy player which wont happen hes got good write ups but his predictions arent great IMO.

FWIW i think we will bid on Thomas North will match it then we will take whichever of Hately Clark Jones and Butters that GWS haven't taken. Although i get this gut feel McHenry is in the frame too (no mail just a feeling). So long as we don't take RCD i'd be happy with any of the others. Obviously we'd like King or Smith to be available but o doubt that happens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Eli Smith has been invited to the Thursday draft so must be in the frame for the first round. Would be early for our pick I’d think but we know Wells is a different cat.

He has Adelaide bidding on every possible academy player which wont happen hes got good write ups but his predictions arent great IMO.

FWIW i think we will bid on Thomas North will match it then we will take whichever of Hately Clark Jones and Butters that GWS haven't taken. Although i get this gut feel McHenry is in the frame too (no mail just a feeling). So long as we don't take RCD i'd be happy with any of the others. Obviously we'd like King or Smith to be available but o doubt that happens.

It appears the direction of the draft will be determined by a couple of picks, assuming no trading is done of those first dozen picks. GC's pick 6 (Twomey and Landsberger both have B.King - not sure about that?), Bulldogs pick 7 (both have Smith but if they go for Caldwell then things really open up and may change considerably in my opinion) and of course the two GWS picks in 9 and 11 (having two means they can choose one mid and one defender or take what drops - great position in many ways. Or do they look to trade one of them?).

Other points of interest from Cal Twomey’s article and players he’s linked us to with other picks:
Brownless and shlensog obviously
Connor Udon and says geelong tried to get him included in our academy. Hence the earlier confusion about this and they must also have interest if they wanted him in.
Sam fletcher inside midfielder Dandenong rangers
Adam Tipungwuti small forward from Tiwi islands cousin of Anthony MacDonald tipungwuti.

Nice pickup...

It appears the direction of the draft will be determined by a couple of picks, assuming no trading is done of those first dozen picks. GC's pick 6 (Twomey and Landsberger both have B.King - not sure about that?), Bulldogs pick 7 (both have Smith but if they go for Caldwell then things really open up and may change considerably in my opinion) and of course the two GWS picks in 9 and 11 (having two means they can choose one mid and one defender or take what drops - great position in many ways. Or do they look to trade one of them?).

I think GWS will decide on the night and it depends on where they think Briggs will get bid if they think its late R1/early R2 they may look to offload 19 or 25 and move up or get in future picks (I wouldn't bid on Briggs that early but the rucks in this crop are ordinary so someone might).

The first 5 picks should be Walsh Rankine Luko Rozee and M King just depends in what order. What GC do at 6 will they actively avoid Vics like Smith and King due to go home factor and then WB at 7-tall in B King or midfielder and if GWS take mids at 9 and 11 or King if there, will shape the draft. I reckon Caldwell Jones or Thomas to Adel Ogilvie has form with underrated players due to injury and Tasmanians.

Eli Smith has been invited to the Thursday draft so must be in the frame for the first round. Would be early for our pick I’d think but we know Wells is a different cat.

Geez i hope not we have enough guys that burn the ball. My guess would be Richmond if he goes early.

So long as we don't take RCD i'd be happy with any of the others.
Que? Admittedly I don't follow this stuff, bores me tbh, but I asked KM a couple of months back for elite users of the footy we should be going after, and would be suitable to our needs.
Knightmare said:
Duursma is a seriously good kick and would be your dream pick, but probably more someone who goes late first round.

Otherwise Riley Collier-Dawkins is a nice kicking tall mid. He probably goes around Geelong's range and is suitable.

I hope this dislike for a bloke isn't because we have Constable as a tall mid. He's uncapped and unproven himself remember.

Wells never ever picks the player the experts suggest with these mid first round picks.

Lock in a McHenry, Sturt, Jez McLennan, O'Hallorlan nothing surer. Even more so given our next pick is 50.

Que? Admittedly I don't follow this stuff, bores me tbh, but I asked KM a couple of months back for elite users of the footy we should be going after, and would be suitable to our needs.

I hope this dislike for a bloke isn't because we have Constable as a tall mid. He's uncapped and unproven himself remember.

Its partly both him and Constable are non multi positional mids with low endurance I doubt you can have more than 1 in the modern game. Mainly i just think he has low footy IQ and that's very hard to teach IMO.

I would have thought Stocker or Sturt would also be mentioned.....

Nuh! But he's a genuine big endurance midfielder with a 6:13 2km TT and he's a nice size.
Averaging 22.5 disposals across 14 TAC games could surprise us.
I rate him quite highly as a prospect and would take him that high.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back