Rumour GFC 2018 Player Trading, Drafting, FA, Rumours, and Wish lists - PT4

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are the Cats really after Steven at St Kilda or is this just the media throwing names around with no basis? He has said repeatedly since the end of the season that he is staying but you never really know what’s going on .

Go Saints

Cats have said the news didn't come from them. Some other party is making the story

My final predictions/thoughts on what will happen involving Geelong with Free Agency beginning tomorrow and trade period on Monday.

Dahlhaus - GEEL.
Rohan - GEEL, for a pick higher than 50.
Steven - STK.
Kelly - WCE, will go to Eagles for future 1st Round Pick.
Duncan - GEEL.
Menzel - GEEL, 1 year deal.
Thurlow - BRIS, will join McCarthy & we’ll get a pick in the 40’s in return for both of them.
Murdoch - ADEL/PORT, will go to a SA team for a throwaway pick.
GHS - SUNS.

Draft

Brownless - GEEL, very late National Pick or Rookie Pick.

Scott - GEEL, taken in middle of national draft after being bidded on.

*Also have a feeling we might redraft Aaron Black as a rookie which I’d be okay with.

With our first pick in this year’s draft we will select - Bailey Williams.
Not that it really matters, but was Menzel there last night ?!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Oh what a hero! Do you want a medal? I've moved to Europe with my family back in Australia because it was the right decision for us. But it doesn't change the fact that there are legitimate reasons for him possibly wanting to leave, he's tried his heart out for the club and if he goes he doesn't deserve some internet hero having a go at him for doing what he thinks is right by his family. As long as he doesn't treat the club like shit on the way out (which he won't) then he should go with our thanks.
Fair call rooster ... But I wouldn't call myself a hero...
I just don't like how players, not just Kelly, who after only 1 or 2 years of service, which a club has given you a chance to make a huge career playing AFL and then they can dictate where they want to go.. Where they can do the same call what a bloke who been in the system for 6 plus years. . Why not before getting drafted say you don't want to move interstate. That's a fair call isn't it?

Last edited:
The biggest issue for Crameri was that his body let him down towards the end if the season - excluding his eye injury which was out of his control, he missed a lot of games at the end of the season due to injury.

If he played out the season, showed good form, then he may well have been retained as a rookie - but minimal games over the home stretch may have made it an easier call to say thanks for 2018 but we aren't retaining your services for 2019
Crameri actually is what Seeds said was an issue of "coveting what others have and ignoring what we do"

could duncan be the stevens swap

i ask you

im hearing noise, that the club want to swaparoo duncan
duncan doesnt want to go anywhere
Duncan won’t be going anywhere, his mum recently moved over here and has taken a long term job. Wants to support grandbaby.

Really? He didn’t attend the bnf? I know he’s worked very hard over the years to get his body able to play afl. But this is also a club that’s stuck by him and supported him. Not impressed
I’m not 100%. But agree it’s not great if true.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Its funny a friends of mine decided they needed to get out of the country for a change of scenery as they were struggling after their childs diagnosis; she decided they just had to have a change and went to Japan where it was os much more accepting at the time. Not saying for second that they situations are the same, they're not. Certainly this detail changes view significantly.

Just to add to the conversation, as someone who works in Neurology - if you are looking to care for a child with Autism, Melbourne is one of the best places in the world for treatment. There is perfectly adequate medical care in WA but if you wan't the best then you would be mad to leave Melbourne when the treatment is a factor in your reasoning.

Cheers

Just to add to the conversation, as someone who works in Neurology - if you are looking to care for a child with Autism, Melbourne is one of the best places in the world for treatment. There is perfectly adequate medical care in WA but if you wan't the best then you would be mad to leave Melbourne when the treatment is a factor in your reasoning.

Cheers
Interesting! Although in the Kelly’s case it’s more about access to a family support network than anything else.

Not that it really matters, but was Menzel there last night ?!

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Doesn’t seem like it. Unless he hopped straight on a flight to NZ.

Menzel was there peeps. Someone I follow on Twitter was at the BnF and got a photo with him.

Seems like quite a few of the players all left early this morning to go to NZ watching Menzel’s story.

My final predictions/thoughts on what will happen involving Geelong with Free Agency beginning tomorrow and trade period on Monday.

Dahlhaus - GEEL.
Rohan - GEEL, for a pick higher than 50.
Steven - STK.
Duncan - GEEL.
Menzel - GEEL, 1 year deal.
Thurlow - BRIS, will join McCarthy & we’ll get a pick in the 40’s in return for both of them.
Murdoch - ADEL/PORT, will go to a SA team for a throwaway pick.
GHS - SUNS.

Draft

Brownless - GEEL, very late National Pick or Rookie Pick.

Scott - GEEL, taken in middle of national draft after being bidded on.

*Also have a feeling we might redraft Aaron Black as a rookie which I’d be okay with.

With our first pick in this year’s draft we will select - Bailey Williams.

Happy with all this except the Kelly part. While sympathetic to his family needs, what’s the point in taking a future 1st. We might as well keep him for a year and then trade for a Rd 1 next year. Same pick and get an extra years service. Must hold tight for 20&21 (and maybe send back a 3rd Rd pick)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Menzel was there peeps. Someone I follow on Twitter was at the BnF and got a photo with him.

Seems like quite a few of the players all left early this morning to go to NZ watching Menzel’s story.
Thanks for saving me from unnecessary character assassination. :D

Nice Troll Dan but that wont happen, KP will be burnt to the ground if we agree to that. It has to be 21 & 22 or they can trade those to the Swans for 13 and give us that, his stocks would have risen even further after last nights BnF result.

Happy with all this except the Kelly part. While sympathetic to his family needs, what’s the point in taking a future 1st. We might as well keep him for a year and then trade for a Rd 1 next year. Same pick and get an extra years service. Must hold tight for 20&21 (and maybe send back a 3rd Rd pick)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately we wouldn’t get an R1 Pick next season for him if he’s out of contract.

Nice Troll Dan but that wont happen, KP will be burnt to the ground if we agree to that. It has to be 21 & 22 or they can trade those to the Swans for 13 and give us that, his stocks would have risen even further after last nights BnF result.

Better start preparing the torches to burn down KP then :D I don’t have my hopes up too much with this deal. I feel like we’ll accept unders (classic Geelong) and accept their Gaff compo pick or accept their first round pick next season.

Better start preparing the torches to burn down KP then :D I don’t have my hopes up too much with this deal. I feel like we’ll accept unders (classic Geelong) and accept their Gaff compo pick or accept their first round pick next season.

Yep. It'll be one of those I reckon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back