Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pointless talking about Reid until he's out of contract. West Coast will just say no. At least when he's out of contract saying no isn't really an option.
My thoughts exactly. IF he wants to come to us he plays the three years, we kick our first and second rounders down the road and give what we can, meanwhile hitting the FA market and getting games into the likes of Humphries, Wiltshire, Edward’s & Co and hope to find some late gems.

Nah ive said this before but reid is far better than jhf at the same age (nothing against jhf).
Unless the afl allow clubs to trade multiple r1s years ahead i dont see how most clubs would have the currency to get it done.

In our case we wont have top 5 picks so i cant see how its doable outside of us trading a player like holmes (which we wont do).

It would really test the whole trade system. You can only trade the assets you have and the player has to agree to play for the club. If those don't align then what's the outcome?

It would really test the whole trade system. You can only trade the assets you have and the player has to agree to play for the club. If those don't align then what's the outcome?

The outcome is i think unless hes prepared to go to a bottom 4 club (which he wont be) then no club will have the currency (you dont see big star for star swap trades anymore and harley will be a bonafide star by 2026) which will mean he will have to stay there until hes an 8 year FA.

If im reids manager im wanting the afl to loosen the rules around trading future 1sts as its the only way a trade would be viable.

He will cost 3 r1s plus neale. (And possibly more). I dont see how its feasible capital wise.
If Neale and Humphries show enough at AFL level, you can send both with two first round picks and its done. 100%. And I'm not talking about early first rounders, but two around the 8-15 range. But we are talking about showing more at AFL level for those two players. Neale 2 goal average, and Humphries at 20 possessions average - give him the kick ins!

The outcome is i think unless hes prepared to go to a bottom 4 club (which he wont be) then no club will have the currency (you dont see big star for star swap trades anymore and harley will be a bonafide star by 2026) which will mean he will have to stay there until hes an 8 year FA.

If im reids manager im wanting the afl to loosen the rules around trading future 1sts as its the only way a trade would be viable.
Yeah sure, and I'm not saying this would happen, but if he really wanted to get traded when ooc then it would have to happen. How do you figure it out?

If Neale and Humphries show enough at AFL level, you can send both with two first round picks and its done. 100%. And I'm not talking about early first rounders, but two around the 8-15 range. But we are talking about showing more at AFL level for those two players. Neale 2 goal average, and Humphries at 20 possessions average - give him the kick ins!

No reid is worth a lot more than that.

Right now …there is no trade that would be acceptable for Reid….yet if he was uncontracted and he wanted out …then he would have to be traded.

The AFL are talking about expanding future trades… if they do Reid could break a clubs future.

Yet we know … if he showed the slightest willingness to go to bottom club if a deal cant be worked out … then a trade would have to be agreed upon. Under current rules , I suspect it would be the biggest trade to ever be enacted.It would take a club to be on top of their 2 n 4. It probably would take the loss of a good player to gain an extra pick somehow. Possibly trade your R1 forward and then add your current and future R1. At a min 3 R1 picks and a player , maybe two.

If the afl allowed more than on year ahead of futures ..it could threaten a clubs future.

Its all probably irrelevant anyway… His form and his actions…its hard to believe he is not happy over that atm

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only way we could get Reid is if he is adamant his wants to come "home". Hope we are in the ear of his manager now. If he is amenable, then we need to be thinking about getting a package of picks/players now for when his contract expires.

I did make the suggestion of offering Neal and picks to WCE for pick 1 before the draft. But WCE probably saw what a talent he could be and may have refused anyway.

The Grundy debate ended in 2022.
End of discussion.
It ended when it was pointed out we weren’t going to draft a 6th ruck into the list. Hamish McIntosh was to blame for no Grundy.

Pointless talking about Reid until he's out of contract. West Coast will just say no. At least when he's out of contract saying no isn't really an option.
Until then, we drool 🤤

I did make the suggestion of offering Neal and picks to WCE for pick 1 before the draft. But WCE probably saw what a talent he could be and may have refused anyway.
WC was actually trying to get our first draft pick off us (I believe in getting Caddy, who is mates with Reid).

They were never trading pick 1 to us... North would have been offering much more and they were denied.

We just gotta hope one day that Reid is not keen on staying in WA and wants to get back to Victoria.

WC was actually trying to get our first draft pick off us (I believe in getting Caddy, who is mates with Reid).

They were never trading pick 1 to us... North would have been offering much more and they were denied.

We just gotta hope one day that Reid is not keen on staying in WA and wants to get back to Victoria.

Did they offer their R1 this year for the pick?

Inside BULL??
TOP 10 when up and going?
Free Agent?
Risk vs a Reward that could be HUGE?
Elliot YEO is a free agent.
Those who bagged the idea of Ollie Wines a year or two ago take note.
Not saying he is the panacea for all our woes.
But he would be handy in 25 & 26 with the youngsters we have going through the midfield.
Danger has a year left at most.
*Oh i must declare. Loved this bloke from day one a dozen years ago. hehe

The Crows too must love him… He will have choices.

Adelaide is targeting West Coast free agent Elliot Yeo, reports Channel Seven’s Ryan Daniels.

Daniels took to Twitter where he reported that Adelaide are at the front of the queue for the 30-year-old, tabling a deal worth approximately $2.7 million to the midfielder over three years. As part of that deal, Yeo could receive $1.3 million in his first year at West Lakes.

Daniels says West Coast have also tabled a deal to the unrestricted free agent. That offer is only for two years on significantly less money.

AFL Media’s Cal Twomey also reported that Geelong and Essendon are among the clubs registering their interest in Yeo.

He has played eight games in 2024, averaging 23.6 disposals, 7.6 clearances and 5.1 inside 50s.

The two-time All-Australian hasn’t played more than 12 games in a season since 2019 as he’s been cruelled by various soft tissue injuries.

He has missed the last two games with a groin issue, but is enjoying his best season in years.

Right now …there is no trade that would be acceptable for Reid….yet if he was uncontracted and he wanted out …then he would have to be traded.

The AFL are talking about expanding future trades… if they do Reid could break a clubs future.
I can see reid being worth picks 15+14+18 + assortment of seconds... But i cannot justify the idea if it was our club of handing over picks 2+3+5 + assortment of seconds..

There is only so much a player is worth. Prenierships are won by teams, not individuals then junk around them

I can see reid being worth picks 15+14+18 + assortment of seconds... But i cannot justify the idea if it was our club of handing over picks 2+3+5 + assortment of seconds..

There is only so much a player is worth. Prenierships are won by teams, not individuals then junk around them

One might say Premiership are won by teams…but no Premiership team has 22 players all paid the same… and how tehy get to the club is all different. Its a matter for the destination club to work out just how close they want to shave.

Easy in hindsight …but right now would..if you could… go back in time and agree to trade P2 and P3 for P1. McKercher and Duursma?

In truth , you could say players like Reid are so rare… that trading 3 r1 picks , no matter the position, is probably do able ..because of the way he has performed. He is the highest price spice you could add. It would require a very good knowledge of the draft and a lot of luck.

Did they offer their R1 this year for the pick?
It wasn't confirmed by the clubs, but yeah, I'd say it was... Think Cal T was also mentioning it at the time just as the draft started (was very late mail).

Also it was the reason Essendon had to trade up to get our pick because WC wanted it, and they wanted the same players.

It ended up getting us the extra pick that turned into Mannagh.

Better than nothing I guess.

We wanted COS + that bonus pick over West Coast's R1 this year.

Easy in hindsight …but right now would..if you could… go back in time and agree to trade P2 and P3 for P1. McKercher and Duursma?
They should have not won in their last game of the year and they'd have Reid + McKercher.

I would have been dirty as if I was a North fan winning that R23 nothing game.

It gifted the most lock stock sure thing Superstar to another club.

Ahhh I guess that win has really helped them this year though... So maybe winning it was a good move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back