Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't think it's SDK on his own

It sounds more like, SDK + our 1st pick
North can stay undersized if they are not paying overs for mine.

Sure I'd give them something back... but not our R1.

North don't need another mid and they also don't really need an 18 year old key back that will take years to develop.

Someone like SDK is a good fit for them and It makes sense them being keen on him (if true).

SDK is ready to go and will play 10 more years along side of the blue chip kids North already has.

Now is not a time for them to get stingy if they really want him.

In saying that... with #1 being dangled, they will probably have other options also in mind.

Not for pick 2. Only for 1.
Go on the north board.. Hilarious stuff such as they will either only offer a future second rounder for him or this years second... Or they will take our two top ten picks ( stengle comp) + SDK for pick 1.

Or a top ten pick this year + next seasons future first and SDK for pick 1.

Oh the dillusion

Would we still do it if for example it was SDK + pick 7 for pick 1 or 2??
Depends if Stengle goes and we get pick 8.

Send pick 8 to the Dogs for Smith, trade 7 & SDK for 1.

Essentially Bailey Smith and pick 1 to pick FOS/Smillie. Midfield finished in one trade period.

You'd have to at least consider it, particularly with COS already on our list.

So there really isnt a standout pick 1....
I didn't say that.

Just that he's not a generational talent like Reid, Daicos, or JHF.

Those guys are freaks, they don't come around every year. On average it's closer to 5 or 10.

You can still be an elite prospect and more than worthy pick 1 without being in their class.

I didn't say that.

Just that he's not a generational talent like Reid, Daicos, or JHF.

Those guys are freaks, they don't come around every year. On average it's closer to 5 or 10.

You can still be an elite prospect and more than worthy pick 1 without being in their class.
What are his traits?? Is he an explosive powerful type??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think the mid week tackle was the same show that said he was going to Collingwood based on players being told not to put photos up on social media. They just make it up.
It always makes me wonder what sort of journalist is prepared to put stuff out there if he knows its made up?? Surely they must sweat a little thinking of their reputation?? Or are click baits and views more importat than accuracy??

99% certain trade talks around SDK are completely fabricated, but, if they aren't I would caution that number 1 picks aren't number 1 picks.

This isn't a Harley Reid draft. I haven't watched the top kids much because we're not getting them, but everything I've read points to the top two being a bit of a improvement on the next tier without being that amazing. Reads more like trading for pick one and your choices are McGrath, Taranto, or McLuggage.

99% certain trade talks around SDK are completely fabricated, but, if they aren't I would caution that number 1 picks aren't number 1 picks.

This isn't a Harley Reid draft. I haven't watched the top kids much because we're not getting them, but everything I've read points to the top two being a bit of a improvement on the next tier without being that amazing. Reads more like trading for pick one and your choices are McGrath, Taranto, or McLuggage.

I’d equate O’Sullivan with Sam Walsh in ability which is ironic seeing they are cousins. Better than Taranto and definitely McGrath. Worthy of having a fair crack at if we want to rebuild an elite midfield. Just my opinion of course.

I’d equate O’Sullivan with Sam Walsh in ability which is ironic seeing they are cousins. Better than Taranto and definitely McGrath. Worthy of having a fair crack at if we want to rebuild an elite midfield. Just my opinion of course.
Like I said I haven't been keeping tabs.

With his current form and potential upside though you're selling SDK low.

Potential to bring in Smith & FOS in one off-season is a pretty tantalising thought.

That's the sort of trade period that changes the entire direction of a footy club, and we'd be able to focus almost exclusively on the backline and forwardline from there on in.

If there is any truth to the rumour, you could see why the Cats would be considering it.

Potential to bring in Smith & FOS in one off-season is a pretty tantalising thought.

That's the sort of trade period that changes the entire direction of a footy club, and we'd be able to focus almost exclusively on the backline and forwardline from there on in.

If there is any truth to the rumour, you could see why the Cats would be considering it.
Good as this kid might be I would be sceptical it would work without at least one senior body in there like Smith.

FOS would be the only kid in this draft I’d trade for.

Like I said I haven't been keeping tabs.

With his current form and potential upside though you're selling SDK low.
All speculative and most likely bogus... but fun to talk about for a day or so.

Personally I like Smillie over FOS... but there's a good chance North R1 will be #1 so Geelong could go with whoever they prefer and I'd be fine with that.

I don't love the idea of our R1 + SDK... maybe if we got R1 comp for Stengle, because I still think we need a first rounder for Smith.

Anyway since it's speculative... I'll just imagine it's North's #1 for SDK plus our F2 (or Mannagh) or something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back