Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Ask and we'll try our best to assist - so here's 2024 Provisional AFL Draft Order

As normal, would like to acknowledge & thank Lore for creating this, keeping it up to date and making it available for all users on BF to use and keep track of the picks ahead of the upcoming draft

I'll also sticky this post to ensure it's easily accessible for discussion of our hypothetical trader

When you say you have outgrown the place, and you would be doing yourself a disservice for the player and person you want to become if you did not leave, then I don’t see how that can be interpreted as anything other than a dig at the club.

It felt like he was trying to sound eloquent and thoughtful, but just came off like a bit of a w***er.

When you say you have outgrown the place, and you would be doing yourself a disservice for the player and person you want to become if you did not leave, then I don’t see how that can be interpreted as anything other than a dig at the club.

It felt like he was trying to sound eloquent and thoughtful, but just came off like a bit of a w***er.

Anyway, he’s our w***er soon. Thankfully!

Good to see Bulldogs fans still in denial

They aren't happy with a Herald Sun article from today and have decided, "**** Bailey", the club shouldn't even bother with a trade and just walk him to the PSD where he can play for the Eagles or Richmond, especially as whatever pick Geelong offers won't be worth accepting

They seriously don't get that he nominate for the ND and not the PSD. Plus, if the club took that approach and decided to not even entertain a trade, both the AFL & AFLPA would step in to ensure that Smith isn't left in limbo due to his original club cracking the sads

The bulldogs have one of the worst draft hands this year, so they definately won't let that happen.. It also gives us more leverage...

Unless we can pull the proverbial rabbit out of a hat, then I reckon Jake Stringer is the closest possible ''beast'' type list addition for the 2025 season.
He'll turn 31 as the 2025 season starts. He managed 23 games this year.
I know the rap.
But if managed well both on and off the field then he's capable of making an impact at any club.
He's just as likely to go completely missing though, of course.
I'd probably have more confidence in Stringer having some sort of an impact for the club than Jack Martin, who has done sfa.

Think Stringer burnt his bridges with us last time… I cant see the club willing to endure the pain for the gain… but as a player I get your point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm also finding it funny how don't realise that if the Bulldogs simply refuse to negotiate any trade for Smith, that the AFL & AFLPA will step in for meditation between the parties and with through a deal

So many seem to think that the Bulldogs have all the power here and they'll be able to dictate what happens with Smith, or that if Smith is forced to nominate for the draft, other clubs will happily select him with an early first round 1 - that sort of shit just doesn't happen which they don't seem to realise

There's some seriously delusional folk if they don't realise that in reality, it's the player who has the power now days and not so much the club

What's the list look like?
list GIF

Well done, they'll now fight for 4 pages and the rest of us will have to read about it.
I just hope one of them has more than 12 posts, just so we can tell them how shit they’re and talk about it consistently for 3 weeks just to feel better about myself

Never mind that 10 of those posts were actually factual and to the point.

I just hope one of them has more than 12 posts, just so we can tell them how shit they’re and talk about it consistently for 3 weeks just to feel better about myself

Never mind that 10 of those posts were actually factual and to the point.
It's all about the TOF (Time on forum) for mine.

If you extrapolated those posts over the course of 3 hours actually on the forum, he'd be reaching 30 consistently!!

The big reason why George Stevens didn't set the VFL on fire is most likely he didn't play in his prefer position in the midfield.. Lets wait and see how he plays when he gets his chance playing there.
Fair enough.

I'm happy to admit I didn't get to watch a lot of VFL this year, I'm just going off his stats (poor), commentary from people who did watch more than me (not much better) and the fact that with all the midfield analysis going on in here over the last couple of days his name has barely been mentioned if at all.

But if he can step up to that sort of power mid role at AFL level, fantastic. Solves a big looming problem for us.

Fair enough.

I'm happy to admit I didn't get to watch a lot of VFL this year, I'm just going off his stats (poor), commentary from people who did watch more than me (not much better) and the fact that with all the midfield analysis going on in here over the last couple of days his name has barely been mentioned if at all.

But if he can step up to that sort of power mid role at AFL level, fantastic. Solves a big looming problem for us.
Just give him time. He did finish 6th in the club bnf so that's a good effort 👌 in his 1st year

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour GFC 2024 Player Trading, Drafting FA, Rumours and Wish lists Pt 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back