GFC Player Super Coach and Dream Team Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey Guys

Interested in Mackie. Obviously a great player, but hows he traveling right now? Worth the $400,000+ tag?

Depends how much space he is allowed.. Mackie's a bit like Heath Shaw, is always beaten in the contested ball but can usually find space and will use the ball well.

I rekon theres better value out there.. Adcock and Malceski come to mind in that range.

Hi.

Paul Chapman - can absolutely turn it on, but at $532K in SC, too much?

Seems to get injured most years too... but if he could staty out there he'd be a real lock

Cheers

He's done his best (first) full pre-season in a fair while, and apparently is going to play more often in the midfield.
Good selection i think.

I was coming here to ask about Chapman's fitness. In the game against us, I thought he looked trimmer than he has in a while. Imagining things? Or for his new role?

Hogan - do you think he will get games? If he does play R1, who would be pushing him out of the team? I read somewhere that he played a fair bit in defense as a youngster, and chance he could take Hunt place?

Can someone please outline Chapman's pre-season training etc, anything that would help persuade me to get him. On the other hand could you also add anything that is a weakness. I know he will score well in avearages, buts its his total score I'm concerned about, cheers in advance!

Thoughts on Varcoe? I've got him in as an a unique pick. Think he will play 22 games this year, or be pushed out by the like of Gamble?

I thought about him at one point but he just isnt getting enough of the ball for me. In the nab cup GF he was on 50 at halftime, so he could pay-off but in my opinion i would stay away until he gets a bit more consistent. Also if hes not performing, theres always the fact that he could get booted back into the VFL...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

guys i was having a look at Harry Taylor for my dream team.

Scored well in the 1st threee NAB cup games, but his last he only got 28. Thought he might be a good middle of the pack type player, but am unsure of him.

Reckon he might have to play a tighter role in defense now that Hunt has gone down, and therefore not get as many cheap stats? Or will he still pick up a few?

guys i was having a look at Harry Taylor for my dream team.

Scored well in the 1st threee NAB cup games, but his last he only got 28. Thought he might be a good middle of the pack type player, but am unsure of him.

Reckon he might have to play a tighter role in defense now that Hunt has gone down, and therefore not get as many cheap stats? Or will he still pick up a few?

I have him at the moment.

He was great at zoning off and providing an option to kick out of defence in the preseason. He can also push forward and kick a goal.

His best weapon is his kick, which he uses a fair bit.

Chances of upgrading Laidler after Hunt's injury?

Depends. Keep a look. If he gets upgraded he will play. I wouldn't touch him until he has been upgraded and selected.

Right now im suck chosing between a combo of

Hodge Gilbee

and

C. Cornes Enright

Reckon you guys will lockdown Hodge R1, Gilbee isnt a proven scorer but I think he will have a good team year. I do see Hodge cutting up other teams down the track, he is hard to matchup on.

Like Enright as a player but im a bit iffy if I want to put him in as a lock for the season. Worth the risk?

Harley and Hunt are both out which means we need someone to be able to play on the opposition small forwards. DJ could come in and do that but if it is Wojo then Enright will have to play defensively. He could still score alright but if you want a lock I would take Gilbee and then look to trade Enright in for one of your cheap backs after Harley returns.

And if we don't lock down on Hodge this time there is something seriously wrong :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

GFC Player Super Coach and Dream Team Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back