Gia more time in the midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 21, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
What a machine he was. Was possibly BOG up until he came off with back soreness which then Griffen took the honour but with boyd gone he was given the challenge to go in the middle for most of the game and was in everything in the first half. Put his body on the line, won the ball and was virtually in every clearance. Best game he has played to date i think and should have shut up a few of his critics for this week.

Could this be something Eade can now use. He normally use's Gia in short bursts but he looked at home in the more fulltime role. Wonder if he will get more time there.,

Seriously, he'd have been in the midfield for years if Rocket had played the original Footy Fanatic! :D

Yes he played well tonight, as he usually does in games like this. His real test will come next week, I'm hoping he can give a repeat performance but I'm not holding my breath.

ah....we are a harsh lot at times....my mate wanted him dropped less than 2 mins into the game when he got a dodgy bounce and the Crows ran it forward and eventually a goal....I looked at my mate and shook my head at him in amazement...he's not a Gia fan.

Then...by 1/4 time he was taking about how good he was....what can I say except what I always say to him.....

"Danny G is half man half cappuccino!"

He's such a good decision maker, and very good in congestion, so I agree that the midfield is his best spot. He's not the quickest player, and gets more exposed for speed playing as a forward.

His hands in tight are up there with the best at the club, and his deft kicking to advantage is very good. If he can get the ball 30+ times a game, and use it as well as he did last night, we'll win a lot more games.

I floated the idea of him playing more midfield last year, and I think he could really spend more time there instead of Crossy over the course of the season once Boydy is back. It seemed he thrived off the responsiblity.

I've been critical of Gia so far this year but he shut me up good and proper last night.

First time for a long time I can remember Gia actually setting up the win and creating the play from the stoppages. A seriously good first half in particular - well played Gia!

he was real good last night. can't remember him making many mistakes, if any.
and the good thing was that his touches all counted. good to have him back to his best. reckon he'll stay there for a while :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes he played well tonight, as he usually does in games like this. His real test will come next week, I'm hoping he can give a repeat performance but I'm not holding my breath.

Exactly, he played well against the second bottom team, really hope he backs it up next week.

To his credit tonight, he really had a crack, I have been pretty harsh on him this year but he stood up tonight!

Remove this Banner Ad

Gia more time in the midfield?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back