Media GIF Friday

Thoughts?

• It's a human centipede of cancer rolled in dog shit.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • Hi, I'm spookism.

Votes: 18 60.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

What is the issue with GIF fridays? Surely a bit of harmless fun

*looks around to see if Haro is here*

What is the issue with GIF fridays? Surely a bit of harmless fun

*looks around to see if Haro is here*

Serious time:

I personally find it totally detracts from a thread. Rewind to my debut season, I was criticised for using gifs to respond to banter because it wasn't words. Now though, there is a whole day dedicated to posting whatever you find on google images because lols amirite.

I love gifs, they are mostly pretty great and when used tastefully can be some of the best posts in a thread. I also love having a beer, I doubt those around would share my fondness for alcohol if I kicked off the day with a heartstarter at 6:30 in the morning, rolled into work, kept boozing and finished when the well had seemingly ran dry at around midnight. I would be rightfully fired and referred to as a piss wreck by my colleagues and friends. Sure there are homeless people that I stagger past that recognise this as just another weekday, but that hardly makes it acceptable.

All things in moderation.

Serious time:

All things in moderation.

Agree, as my dad RN40 said to me GN80 mate, all things, in moderation

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Personally not a fan of random posting for the sake of it. Gifs are good with some contextual relevance or as a tool to help engage people, but I find it difficult to respond to random ones so in most cases I just ignore them.

Then I look around the league at a few other match threads and it seems as though what I find banal, a ton of other posters really enjoy. I wonder if this is just how people have fun in the league now and I'm just an irrelevant troglodyte whose opinions are materially insignificant.

Remove this Banner Ad

Media GIF Friday

Back