Gippy vs Eastern

Remove this Banner Ad

Sezzac1

Club Legend
Apr 15, 2004
Melb
AFL Club
Carlton
Gippy far to good for Eastern this afternoon. It was close for the first 1/2 but Gippy ran away in the 2nd half to record an 8 goal win.

A few decent players missing for both teams.

Gippy without - O'Bryan, Neagle and the normal school kids in Eddy and Ellis.

Eastern still without Spangher (rumour to be out the rest of the season) Armstrong, Edgecomb, Pollett and Liddle.

Kelleher goaless and well held by Flint. Hocking well tagged by Ryan.

4 goals to Dunn from a wing, 4 to Fraser at FF vs Marcovic

4 goals to Leigh Adams for Eastern.

Best for mine.

Gippy - Thomas, Dunne, West, Pendlebury, Flint and Dore
Eastern - DiMascio, Adams, Hayes in patches, Wood in patches

Sezzac1 said:
Gippy far to good for Eastern this afternoon. It was close for the first 1/2 but Gippy ran away in the 2nd half to record an 8 goal win.

A few decent players missing for both teams.

Gippy without - O'Bryan, Neagle and the normal school kids in Eddy and Ellis.

Eastern still without Spangher (rumour to be out the rest of the season) Armstrong, Edgecomb, Pollett and Liddle.

Kelleher goaless and well held by Flint. Hocking well tagged by Ryan.

4 goals to Dunn from a wing, 4 to Fraser at FF vs Marcovic

4 goals to Leigh Adams for Eastern.

Best for mine.

Gippy - Thomas, Dunne, West, Pendlebury, Flint and Dore
Eastern - DiMascio, Adams, Hayes in patches, Wood in patches

Thomas best Sezzac? Only had 13 possies and 1 goal...
Actually I agree with you - he was a very big reason why they won. Played mainly HFF and FP but had a few stints on the ball. He actually reminded my of Cooney in that last quarter against Brisbane - went in and just kept winning the centre clearances. Thomas did this against Calder also. He has not played heaps onball this season, at least from the games I have seen - has generally only had stints in the square and has pretty much played as a HFF - probably because of his injury-interrupted preseason. But when he gets in there he really looks a class above. Really strong hands overhead and a decent leap enable him to play the forward role well also.
Not usual for a bloke who gets 13 touches to be rated BOG but his impact on the game was great.

Dunne kicked 5 goals. Not as many touches as usual but also because did not spend much time on ball. Wing all day.

Good to see Flint getting some recognition also....has played real well all year.

I hope Dore can control himself until the season is over...nearly boiled over on Sunday again(didn't go any further than slinging someone into the fence this time...)...already been suspended this season. He is very vital to the team...can play both forward and back and is such a strong mark.

Don't know the Eastern lads as well but thought Marcius was pretty good. Able to get free in the centre and run forward...just not enough marking targets up forward.

You know why Neagle didn't play? Was named in the team. And OBryan?

Sezzac1 said:

Spangher resumed training last week apparently and predicted to be back after the break, will be brought back slowly, Pollet out for season, the others were all omitted. Yes I was surprised at those 3 that got dropped.

Sezzac1 said:
Footymad,

The suggestion was that Spangher had OP. Can you confirm or deny that suggestion.

Can't confirm for sure, but it's what I've heard as well. If he is coming back already then it would be assumed that if it is OP, then it would be a mild case. From the same source I've also heard rumours that he played with it prior and during the carnival but again that is still only an unsubstantiated rumour.

what about pendlebury 30 touches and doesnt rate amention will go high in draft a freak lots of people talking about this kid

Remove this Banner Ad

Gippy vs Eastern

Remove this Banner Ad

Back