RiCHii

Premiership Player
Oct 18, 2005
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Man United
My question to all you supercoachers is how are you handling your GC players this week? Will you wait and see how their form is? Or will you slot them straight into your team off the bench?

My personal strategy was to take out player who I believed could have/should have done better and replaced him.

Current GC players on field

Benched:CONCA on comes SWALLOW
Benched:RICHARDSON on comes PRESTIA

What is your strategy ?

Re: G.C and your S.C

Stanley on for Duigan

Toy remains on the bench

Harris and Swallow on for Atley and Irons

Zac Smith remains on the bench

Undecided whether Prestia or Matera will come on for Richardson

Swap Prestia from forwards onto midfield bench Kracks forward to cover Knights. Harris and Swallow onto the ground. Stanley on for Duigan. Undecided whether Matera replaces Darling or Richardson on the ground.

Tapscott and Matera on for Darling and Richardson.
Harris and Swallow on for Conca and Bewick.
Backline is a question mark - Otten obviously has to come off, Duigan might come off. I've got Pederson sitting on my bench as well though, so I'm not sure who'll go on and off there until teams are named.

Tapscott and Matera on for Darling and Richardson.
Harris and Swallow on for Conca and Bewick.
Backline is a question mark - Otten obviously has to come off, Duigan might come off. I've got Pederson sitting on my bench as well though, so I'm not sure who'll go on and off there until teams are named.
My backline is in a similar situation, I took off Otten ofcourse as Adelaide have a bye round and replaced him with Robbie Tarrant (didn't do a trade, I had Tarrant sitting on the bench) and I'm thinking of leaving Toy on the bench to see what score he gets before placing him in the team.

I have actually got only 1 GC player in my whole team(Zac Smith), only because there are so many of them and i thought to my self surely they all cant be good scorers. there has 2 be a few spuds like 20s and 30s, considering there not goin to win a game in the first 4 of 5.
I decided with the 4 extra trades, if there is any good scores ill jump on them b4 round 4.. silly move u think? ive been told its silly and ive been told yeh could work.. see how it all pans out. I must admit im happy with other rookie selections ive done, just hopin i get this right to.

Just curious, why is everyone putting in David Swallow straightaway?

He only averaged 55 during the preseason, which is nothing special. Swallow also plays in a likely cellar-dweller team. Wouldn't people rather start someone like Ed Curnow (playing GC) who just scored 115+?

I would wait and see with Swallow.

Stanley, Harris, Swallow, Smith, Tippett, Matera, Prestia will all be on the bench again.

Will wait and have a look to see who is playing/a decent scorer before i play them.

I have a question mark over Selwood, so Harris may come in

Just curious, why is everyone putting in David Swallow straightaway?

He only averaged 55 during the preseason, which is nothing special. Swallow also plays in a likely cellar-dweller team. Wouldn't people rather start someone like Ed Curnow (playing GC) who just scored 115+?

I would wait and see with Swallow.

I suppose if you bought him, you have to have faith in him over a cheaper option...otherwise you shouldn't have bought him in the first place.

Despite his pre-season, there is still a chance he could improve markedly based on Ablett coming into the side. With Ablett, Rischa drawing the attention, he should have plain sailing.

Melbourne (home), Port and Brisbane in their first 6 games means he could build nicely. Either that, or he will probably do a Selwood knowing my luck!

PS
Based on the precedence of Judd (joining a young mid brigade), you'd think Ablett will turn into an inside mid player like Judd has had to do. This means more for others on the outside!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have actually got only 1 GC player in my whole team(Zac Smith), only because there are so many of them and i thought to my self surely they all cant be good scorers. there has 2 be a few spuds like 20s and 30s, considering there not goin to win a game in the first 4 of 5.
I decided with the 4 extra trades, if there is any good scores ill jump on them b4 round 4.. silly move u think? ive been told its silly and ive been told yeh could work.. see how it all pans out. I must admit im happy with other rookie selections ive done, just hopin i get this right to.
Not going to criticise your move because it's totally up to you who you want to chose in your side but most people have chosen to go with a few GC players in their team because it's more than likely that players like Prestia, Bennell, Swallow, Toy, Coad, Matera will play all their games and being high draft picks supercoachers have high hopes that they could score well. I have 5 GC players on my bench and will bring in 2-3.

Just wondering what you guys think GC players will score??
Could have different options
A) Heppel backline / D swallow midfield / stanley bench

B) Heppel midfield / D swallow bench / stanley backline

c) Heppel bench / D Swallow midfield / stanley backline

I'm thinking A myself but not sure how well either swallow or stanley are going to go??

Yep this is the same question I am trying to figure out. I have x5 GC players in my squad, being Coad (should play 22 games), Toy (Prob score more than Toy, but may play less), Swallow (who doesn't have him ???), Harris (Should play 22 games as they need some big bodied mids) and Smith.

I was obviously planning on playing Swallow and possibly one of Toy/Coad this week but I have NFI how I will do it. I am thinking Toy for Duigan, but I am undecided as I think Duigan is safe for a 50-60 points and don't know how Toy will actually go. As for Swallow, I don't know if I have room for him in my midfield after last week ...........

I currently have Swan (166), Judd (108), Bartel (127), Pendlebury (120), Cotchin (116) and Curnow (118) for my midfield. Swann, Judd, Bartel and Pendlebury are obviously not going anywhere which leaves Cotchin (who had a MASSIVE 2nd half and is ready to explode IMO, but will be playing against St Kilda) and Curnow (who will be playing against the GC, in what should be a dominant midfield, and coming off a +100 point game).

I think I will stick with the current midfield for at least rd 2 and then see how Swallow goes.

As an aside, I have Easton Wood - looking to trade him out and seriously considering a 3rd GC Backman for the cash.

Toy & Stanley on field backline for Wood & Duigan.
Harris on field for Irons in the midfield.

Subbing Richardson for Jack Darling in the forwardline so Prestia & Matera stay on the bench.

As an aside, I have Easton Wood - looking to trade him out and seriously considering a 3rd GC Backman for the cash.

Toy & Stanley on field backline for Wood & Duigan.
Harris on field for Irons in the midfield.

Subbing Richardson for Jack Darling in the forwardline so Prestia & Matera stay on the bench.

That could force you to burn another trade come round 9

That could force you to burn another trade come round 9
Have targets to upgrade to by that stage - Lake should start slowly due to his lack of pre-season and he has a bye in round 4 as well so it will be between rnds 7-9 that I look to upgrade.

If I were you I would seriously consider Magin for Wood
Torn between Magin & Coad. Was considering Nickoski (WCE) as well but less convinced about that now.
Magin will be up & down a bit more, perhaps could sell him later on a spike in price after a good week.

Need to play 3 of Heppel,Libba, Swallow, Harris on field so hard to choose as I think libba played well last week with 12 CP in a side that got thumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back