Goldsack = midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 4, 2007
Sydney
AFL Club
Collingwood
Just wondering what everyone thinks about Goldsack as a midfielder. I reken he should be given a bit of game time next year in the midfield ... may to start of as a run with player on the taller strong marking midfielders like Goodes, Embley, Hodge, C Cornes. I reken he can build a tank good enough to run hard all day, his disposal is v good, he is great at one on one contests, he reads the play so well, and he is just a smart footy player ... i reken he could read the ball well in packs. And also a plus he looks like Pendles when he has the ball

When he was interviewed after winning a rising star nomination he was saying he played as a forward/midfielder until this year when Williamstown was short on backliners and he filled in and did a good job. So it's certainly on the cards if he builds his engine.

I believe he was a forward/mid, but when he was recruited Mick told him he would spend a few seasons in defence.

As far as I see it, if it aint broke don't fix it. Blokes with courage like his don't come along too often and we now have two of them in our defence, with Maxwell running around back there as well.

Like to see him forge his career as a permanent backman

I believe he was a forward/mid, but when he was recruited Mick told him he would spend a few seasons in defence.

As far as I see it, if it aint broke don't fix it. Blokes with courage like his don't come along too often and we now have two of them in our defence, with Maxwell running around back there as well.

Like to see him forge his career as a permanent backman

Agreed, He can hopefully add to the great rebound ability he has and lessen the lose of Clement in that department

Develop him as a utility. He's only been playing as a backman because we've suffered injury's etc down there.

If we have injury troubles up forward, get him to play there. Injurys in the midfield, get him to play there.

He can fill the holes.

I think he could be a midfielder but now is the perfect time for him to take over Clement's role and play on the medium forwards.

agreed. with jimmy out I am happy to keep him down back. He is about 191 so he is not short . I actually think he could develop into the chad cornes type when he had that 3 or 4 year period in defence and they maybe he could move up the ground if the likes of Anthony and brown develop into good players.

Remove this Banner Ad

Goldsack = midfielder?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back