Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 28, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Greetings Big Footy people.

I do a reasonable amount of travelling and was hoping for some recommendations on good AFL podcasts. Preferably ones with good insight and/or humourous.

I have been listening to Rip Through It by Mitch Robinson and also The Variety Hour by Titus O'Reily and Sergio Paradise.

Any recommendations? And also ones to avoid?

Marc McGowan has recorded a number of podcasts under the name "Trends". He's a bit of an awkward interview in a podcast setting, but he's interviewed David Rath a few times already, and he's interviewed opposition analysts, a player agent (Marty Pask) and a few other assistant coaches. It's very different to the usual footy podcast as it focuses on the strategy behind the game.

I would also recommend The Greatest Season That Was: 1993. It's a series of podcasts on the 1993 season and interviews a number of coaches and players, like Robert Shaw, Graham Cornes, Nicky Winmar, Robert Walls, Greg Miller, etc.

Trends with Marc McGowan is very good.
I used to listen to the Superfooty podcast when it was Anthony Hudson, Mick Warner and Sam Edmund.
Last year Huddo was chopped for Mark Robinson. I stuck with it until this year when Mick was replaced with Brian Taylor.
I can't stand Slobbo or BT
Footyology is OK but way too long. Fine just goes on and on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have started a casual, light-hearted podcast called 'Metres Gained'. We aim to interview current and past AFL players as well as release episodes about pertinent issues in the game! It involves a lot of banter and humour!
So far we have been lucky enough to have former stars Anthony Koutoufides and Glenn Manton as well as current players Touk Miller, Callum Sinclair, Reilly O'Brien, Ned McHenry (first round draft pick from last year's draft) and Jake Kelly.

Check us out on iTunes, Spotify or Google Podcasts:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/metres-gained-podcast/id1462460879

https://open.spotify.com/show/2p5y9wNLUPigfjhpjrMa4i

https://podcasts.google.com/?feed=aHR0cHM6Ly9hbmNob3IuZm0vcy9hYmVjNDdjL3BvZGNhc3QvcnNz

I do a reasonable amount of travelling and was hoping for some recommendations on good AFL podcasts. Preferably ones with good insight and/or humourous.

I have been listening to Rip Through It by Mitch Robinson and also The Variety Hour by Titus O'Reily and Sergio Paradise.

2 Guys 1 Cup and Footyology.

The Carlton Show is fairly lowkey and a lot of inspired 'bagger barracking, but it does have Andy Maher on it, so always worth a listen.

The Dyl and Friends podcast is hosted by Dylan Buckley (GWS, ex-Carlton) and is just him chatting one on one with different players across the league. He always manages to dig up some embarassing incidents in their past. Really entertaining stuff, I laugh my ass off on the regular.

What,s a podcast? Oh sorry.

I'd avoid Rip Through It by Mitch Robinson and also The Variety Hour by Titus O'Reily and Sergio Paradise.

The Age footy podcast is decent, although one of Caro/Gleeson/Niall will give me the shits.

Footyology is good but it does go on a bit.

Skip SuperFooty unless you follow Richmond/Collingwood/Essendon/Carlton.

I'd avoid Rip Through It by Mitch Robinson and also The Variety Hour by Titus O'Reily and Sergio Paradise.

The Age footy podcast is decent, although one of Caro/Gleeson/Niall will give me the shits.

Footyology is good but it does go on a bit.

Skip SuperFooty unless you follow Richmond/Collingwood/Essendon/Carlton.

I mostly listen to the variety hour for a laugh, and I find Rip Through It a refreshing view on what players think. Not using either of them for analysis or gaining AFL knowledge.

Have really liked Footyology thanks.

Thanks everyone for their replies. Thoroughly enjoying the various podcasts.

Also, does anyone know of a podcast that covers most major sports (AFL, NRL, NBA, NFL, Soccer etc)?

Thanks again

Remove this Banner Ad

Good AFL Podcasts

Remove this Banner Ad

Back