• Darcy Fogarty

• Brodie Smith

• Lachie Sholl

• Tom Doedee

• Jordon Butts

• Reilly O'Brien

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

He got a reasonable hit in the old scoreboard pocket and was slow to get up. Not long after he was subbed.
So possibly that.
I doubt he was subbed without injury, surely not.
Yep, was a great effort to drop in front of the leading Collingwood player to spoil but got crunched

Good:
  • Our first half
  • ROB around the ground
  • Doedee and Michalanney were solid
  • Chayce Jones bouncing back after a horrible game last week
  • Dawson, for the most part
  • Sloane
  • Thilthorpe
  • Soligo's first half

Bad:
  • losing after leading all game
  • Walker and Fogarty didn't do much all game
  • Milera
  • Schoenberg as sub; would've preferred Cook
  • Game is on the line and Dawson goes back to defense when he's won us the most clearances all game
  • Our clearance work (not good enough)
  • Rachele always seems to start strong but goes cold in second halves

Ugly:
  • goal kicking
  • our kicking all day was average
  • Soligo and Rankine missing easy shots straight in front
  • Butts and Murray both had an atrocious kick in the backlines

He had 24 touches to 3 quarter time. 8 in each quarter.

Seriously, wtf. Surely you sub TT, Tex or Fog out before him.
How effective were his disposals though... most in the 1st half were atrocious. Was better in 3rd.

We often see teams jump straight to top 4 or get there after a year lower half of finals.

We did a full rebuild so if we got it right we should come charging. Sticking around the lower half of the eight is for sides that are either trying to hold onto the past or have an average list and hit their ceiling.
Rarely do you dislodge top 4 sides in consecutive years. I was still expecting Brisbane, Geelong, Melbourne, Collingwood and Sydney to still be top 4 contenders at the start of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only thing that is going to copied off us today is dealing with Nick Daicos. He was brought off while being pressured with opportunities to slide back on again. They were using the bench to shake a tag.

I thought the backline Played well they kept Collingwood to a low score they defended well.

Decision making was mostly good up till half forward and then it just broke down from there.

Why we kept kicking it to Moore and on top of that why couldn't we compete with him? Was just taking marks for fun in that last 1/4
The defensive structures of both teams was top notch. I know the Butts turnover was bad, but Collingwood had about 3 turnovers out of D50 in the 3rd quarter just as bad as Butts, but we couldn't capitalise. That was the difference.

First qtr we ran at the Pies defense and broke them up.
Should have been over at qtr time if anyone could care for the ball between the sticks - that's on the players.

From the 2nd qtr we stopped running at the Pies defense and went long into half back and they just mopped up everything that was over head except when Thilthorpe was under the ball.
Gotta love the backwards handball that Schoenberg delivered and I think it was DeGoey cut it off and got it forward to Sidebottom for the win.
Absolute sheer ******* stupidity. Nix/Crows 101 s**t football.
Is Soligo injured? was one of our best in the first half. And they subbed him?
If he isn't injured then our coaches have not one clue on how to read a game. - This is on the coaches.

What was wrong with Rankine tonight? His front and square stuff tonight was atrocious - actually he sat on the outside waiting for the cheapie all night.
Billy Frampton had 26 hitouts. * me.

Quite possibly the worst choke we've had in Nix's tenure.
Rankine needs to find ways to stay involved more, like he was earlier in the year.
Lead, create plays, tackle and chase more.
It feels he's mainly looking for magic goals in the last few weeks.

Was fine. Collingwood were getting a lot of clearances under pressure and we got the ball directly back. This game was lost with bad goal kicking, there is no need to overcomplicate the analysis.
Hahah he was not fine he was shithouse

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good, Bad, Ugly v Collingwood

Back