Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

The Good (only watched the second half so far):

Sauce - BOG

Otten - The swingman. Love having this guy back in Crows colours. For his size, smart, skillful, courageous.

McKay

Sloane

Chuck Cameron - fast becoming one of my favourite crows players. Love his aggression.

Tex - Fantastic captains game

Hartigan - 2016 version

Milera - building nicely.

McGovern - GUN

R Henderson - no longer in crows colours

The Bad/Ugly:

The umpiring - wtf 22-11. We need to publicly complain about this before it costs another GF appearance - 2012.

The size of our midfield. Come finals the running game will turn to man on man. Big bodied midfielders will then be like diamonds. Our runners are mosquito fleet. Concerning.

Which of them also went into the midfield at centre bounces?

Also, that means that after half time Atkins only had 6 possessions in the second half when we really needed to win the game. Which was the player who stepped up when we really needed it to win the game?
And your point about centre bounces is what?

The side in the second half dominated, much easier to play better in that situation than standing up against the odds. In the second half Mackay had a whole 2 more possessions than Atkins.

You also didn't answer me, which is the senior player amongst that lot of youngsters?

And your point about centre bounces is what?

The side in the second half dominated, much easier to play better in that situation than standing up against the odds. In the second half Mackay had a whole 2 more possessions than Atkins.

You also didn't answer me, which is the senior player amongst that lot of youngsters?

Even you have to admit Mackay as a senior player stood up and took the responsibility in the last when the game needing winning

Yes he had a poor first half but more than made up for it

Even you have to admit Mackay as a senior player stood up and took the responsibility in the last when the game needing winning

Yes he had a poor first half but more than made up for it
Yeah he stood up when the rest of the team played well, not so much when we really needed him when the Hawks were on top.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The club will be negligent if they don't publicly complain about the umpiring and the treatment we receive in Melbourne.
I think the Puopolo decision will be heavily covered in the media this week, which is at least something

Which of them also went into the midfield at centre bounces?

Also, that means that after half time Atkins only had 6 possessions in the second half when we really needed to win the game. Which was the player who stepped up when we really needed it to win the game?

And once again we're comparing a 170 game player to those with less than 50 games just to justify his spot in the side.

News flash, senior players are and should be judged to a higher standard than those who are sub 50 games. One of the roles of senior players is to make up for the inconsistencies that you see in developing players. Mackay is wildly inconsistent in his performances as evidenced by yesterday, that should be tolerated to an extent in younger players, they'll learn, but not in senior players, they won't.

Mackays 3 goals were massive, but apart from that it was another sub par game from a senior player.

Did we see him jogging along directly front of Cameron, essentially preventing him from kicking it, demanding the easy ball only to fluff it? Instead of sheparding and allowing the Cameron, who was in a better position to kick inside 50.

With that our new longest losing streak is against Geelong, who we haven't beaten since round 14 2013.

After them is the bulldogs who we last beat EF 2015.

We have beaten everybody except Geelong in our last 28 games of football.

That will be rectified this year I reckon.

I haven't watched the whole game yet.
At a function yesterday but the bits and pieces I heard seemed to indicate Crows adopted a different style when challenged.

So, after all this time - is our Plan B is as good as plan A?

And once again we're comparing a 170 game player to those with less than 50 games just to justify his spot in the side.

News flash, senior players are and should be judged to a higher standard than those who are sub 50 games. One of the roles of senior players is to make up for the inconsistencies that you see in developing players. Mackay is wildly inconsistent in his performances as evidenced by yesterday, that should be tolerated to an extent in younger players, they'll learn, but not in senior players, they won't.

Mackays 3 goals were massive, but apart from that it was another sub par game from a senior player.

Did we see him jogging along directly front of Cameron, essentially preventing him from kicking it, demanding the easy ball only to fluff it? Instead of sheparding and allowing the Cameron, who was in a better position to kick inside 50.
This

Good post. I think we need to be way past the patting each other on the back every week and look at the areas we need to improve in to win a premiership.
The days of blind gushing need to be over.

Sorry dusting off account to comment on a significant win for the club.

Game plan including the "plan b" has truly evolved against quality coaching position, heres hoping players are a bit more receptive to the signals in future matches. CCs long bomb in to the fifty early into in the first made me cringe big time, and the onslaught that came afterwards was 2016 big games all over again.

Crows are looking like getting plenty of W's this year, and we're incredibly lucky as a supporter base for this, but they must start with more composure in future games. Teams like Sydney, WC and Geelong will not cough up a 5 goal leads.

This was strange. Unless Mackay knew Cameron was stuffed or something?

At the time, there was no question in my mind that it was a deliberate action. Hawthorn have been shown again and again to be quite willing to use elbows and knees and claim incidental contact. This will be only reviewed at full speed and will be brushed off as incidental as well, of that I am quite sure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Good/Bad v Hawthorn, Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back