BenMacAn

Senior List
Mar 23, 2008
Perth W.A
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Perth (Demons)
I would have rather the win but the spring is back in the doggies step. A bit worried about Lake as that would be a huge blow and we do not normally get much luck. Cross was awesome as was a much improved Eagleton. Poor Sam Reid didn't do too well and everything he touched just turned over. Cooney is a bit down and needs to turn things around for next week. All in all the coaches would be happy and so should the fans as it was a good game and we played pretty well.

I agree. I thought we played reasonably well as well. Well it was an improvement from some of the recent games we played. I wouldn't be taking all that much notice of the result given that they had a lot more to play for than we did.

Just an open ended question to posters though. Do you think that game in the wet would have taken more out of our legs than a telstra dome game?

I thought we played darn well today in the conditions. Even though we lost I think it was probably the best game we have played since against Port Adelaide. We ran hard, worked hard and got the hard ball. If we play like that in the finals I will be a lot more confident.

The boys definatley wanted it today and worked very hard. When we went 14 points down in the last we could have put the cue in the rack and backed off, but they continued to work and got back in the game. If not for some woeful umpiring and a couple of school boy mistakes we would have won the game.

I agree with all of the previous posts. I thought Reid was pretty good. I know that he made mistakes but the Crows are pretty hard at it. A good sign for the future. Seemed to escape any injuries. Only worry is that dodgy report. I'm feeling a heap more confident about next week now.

Eade is obviously saving a bit for the finals. Yes we got beaten, no excuses.

I have no doubt he wants to make sure we are up & running next week,

i.e. not playing Hudson, taking, Aker, Boyd, Gilbee, Johnno, Cooney, off at different stages in the last 15 minutes:- you could see he was more concerned about next week.

What I was concerned about was Harbrow & Hill turning the ball over by foot a lot today...

Looks like it was a good dress rehearsal for next week.

Forecast for next Friday is late showers. I feel the wet will do us no harm against the Hawks. We have played well in the wet this year.

I think they did pretty well considering the conditions. We dived in and went after plenty of the hard ball. A few costly mistakes was the only difference. We should have gone the first option a few more times instead of trying to be cute about it all.

And I thought Sam Ried did well. His handballs were pretty ordinary but he really wanted it and looked okay. Nice to have a good big bodied midfielder. I think he will go well next year.

I think they did pretty well considering the conditions. We dived in and went after plenty of the hard ball. A few costly mistakes was the only difference. We should have gone the first option a few more times instead of trying to be cute about it all.

And I thought Sam Ried did well.
His handballs were pretty ordinary but he really wanted it and looked okay. Nice to have a good big bodied midfielder. I think he will go well next year.

Can't agree, was not up to it today. Made some terrible decisions and some his ordinary disposal cost us badly.

Good to get a game into him though.

Surely Callan Ward or Ray would have done better today.

You blokes have got to be kidding;
  • Once more we were shown up for size this is particularly evident in slipery conditions or finals type games.... ten years on and we still are under sized.
  • Over Use then constant turn overs.
  • Hard work from kick in - Acker bomb to a 3 on one in the third got them going - Hargraves - For christ sake.
  • Going to ground and ducking the head - Autumn leaves Gia did some of his best work today.
  • could not hold the ball inside 50 in last quarter - Crows big bodies did as they pleased.
  • Our game is unsustainable in finals pressure situation ten years since 98 and we have the same old difficiencies.
  • Many passengers and at least 3 not at AFL standard in the team today.
We are a million miles away from having the structure and player type that can be a serious finals contender.

Can't agree, was not up to it today. Made some terrible decisions and some his ordinary disposal cost us badly.

Good to get a game into him though.

Surely Callan Ward or Ray would have done better today.

Agree 100%. Looked out of his depth today, but congratulations to him on his first game, and I'm sure there is a stack of improvement to come.

Thought it was a very good effort today and we can really look forward to this weeks game. Would have been lovely to win, but otherwise couldn't ask for much more.

You blokes have got to be kidding;
  • Once more we were shown up for size this is particularly evident in slipery conditions or finals type games.... ten years on and we still are under sized.
  • Over Use then constant turn overs.
  • Hard work from kick in - Acker bomb to a 3 on one in the third got them going - Hargraves - For christ sake.
  • Going to ground and ducking the head - Autumn leaves Gia did some of his best work today.
  • could not hold the ball inside 50 in last quarter - Crows big bodies did as they pleased.
  • Our game is unsustainable in finals pressure situation ten years since 98 and we have the same old difficiencies.
  • Many passengers and at least 3 not at AFL standard in the team today.
We are a million miles away from having the structure and player type that can be a serious finals contender.

Are you serious?

You saw no positives at all today? WE HAD NOTHING TO PLAY FOR. WHY KILL YOURSELF WHEN IT COUNTS FOR ZERO? Eade rested key players in crucial moments. Eade never played a player behind the ball in crucial times like he always does. A win would have been nice, but at any cost to our chances next week ... No thanks.

I'm tired of these negative posts. We finished 3rd. We have a double chance. We will play all our finals in Victoria. Get a grip.

I liked what I saw today. It wasn't the bigger bodies it was some terrible decisions in our forward half (and a few brain fades down back) where we did not make them pay on the scoreboard for all our dominance in parts (we had nearly 80 more possesions).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you serious?

You saw no positives at all today? WE HAD NOTHING TO PLAY FOR. WHY KILL YOURSELF WHEN IT COUNTS FOR ZERO? Eade rested key players in crucial moments. Eade never played a player behind the ball in crucial times like he always does. A win would have been nice, but at any cost to our chances next week ... No thanks.

I'm tired of these negative posts. We finished 3rd. We have a double chance. We will play all our finals in Victoria. Get a grip.

I liked what I saw today. It wasn't the bigger bodies it was some terrible decisions in our forward half (and a few brain fades down back) where we did not make them pay on the scoreboard for all our dominance in parts (we had nearly 80 more possesions).

Uhh Angelo - I tried to make a similar point in a post 'All positive from here on in'. If you can be bothered reading the reponses though, you'll see that some people jealously guard their right to deride and slag off players anonymously. I, like you, see so many positives and am utterly sick and tired of the defeatist attitude that many Bulldog supporters seem so keen to embrace.

Can't wait for this week. Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

I do think he was up to it. The only problem is he wanted to dish it off to his teammates to fast to avoid screwing it up and his disposal was rushed and poor due to it. I'm certain his next game will be improved now that the first is out of the way. He went into packs and fought hard for it. I'd rather Reid in than Tiller and Everitt at the moment.

I do think he was up to it. The only problem is he wanted to dish it off to his teammates to fast to avoid screwing it up and his disposal was rushed and poor due to it. I'm certain his next game will be improved now that the first is out of the way. He went into packs and fought hard for it. I'd rather Reid in than Tiller and Everitt at the moment.
No way mate...

I would have Tiller, Everitt or Wight anytime before Reid.

Are you serious?

Bad decsions caused by over use as we do not have big targets to go to ahead of the ball.

No there was some positives most had a go. But we aint got the list to do damage in September which is remarkable as we have had the best recruiter in the Universe. Our dominance ?? check the Last quarter stats.

We over used the ball then stuffed it up the year has been good in patches but we have had our fair sare of luck in games. What worries me is that he list has no one in it that wil correct our weakness - Lack of KPP

Bye the way Adelaide are a long way off also - Kinda puts it into perspective.

The perfect tune up game, against a tough opposition away, the teamwork was good today. The conditions were pretty crap, they should all hold their heads up, they played 4 quarters at a high intensity. First time since the 1st Brisbane game.

In the previous weeks the pressure on the opposition has been steadily increasing in quarters.

A light fresh week on the track and they will be cherry ripe for a game next week.

Are you serious?

It's called free speech! Suck it up sook...

It's called free speech! Suck it up sook...

I will defend the right for this poster to attack other posters who attack other posters. He is not a sook and does not have to suck it up and neither does the other poster who attacked the other poster. Neither of them have to suck it up and they are not sooks. Posts about other posts rather than anything of substance are the democratic right of everyone on here and no one is a sook or has to suck it up except for the sooks who should suck it up.

I thought Reid showed potential. I would rather a first gamer get near the contest and have some poor disposals under pressure, then not get near the pill at all. Seems to me to be in the Addison / Cross / Callan mould.

Yep, it was a good hitout. The conditions didn't help our skills but we still had a crack, which was good. Lots of turnovers from both teams and that goal umpire didn't help our cause. Sam Reid tended to panic when under pressure but it was slippery and it was a finals type pressure. He got to a lot of contests which was pleasing. He just needs to adjust to the pace and work on decision making. Everyone got through unscathed which was the most important thing. :thumbsu:

Are you serious?

i agree - we had nothing to play for, but we were really intense at the ball for a change, which was good - however , our forward 50 entries need improving, and hopefully, we kick straight next week too

but on the whole, i was impressed with the effort today

cheers

Remove this Banner Ad

Good Solid Hitout

Remove this Banner Ad

Back