News Goodbye “medium term”

Remove this Banner Ad

Who cares about immediate projections, it's when your midfield is gagging for Guthrie to return after an eon and we'd like a more precise clinical update. I think the AFL started to put the heat on them last year before this announcement, and we were treated to Simon's funereal list, but obviously not precise enough for the media hacks.

It's the press conference ground hog day from Scott that irritates me. Oh I'm in the dark, not a medical person, we have a great team, they'll follow up- rhubarb rhubarb mushrooms. Didn't I just see you walking from the ground in deep consult with the Doctor? Did he professionally predict Brandon's hand was fractured (for instance) or were you just requesting cream for an itchy rash?
Sheesh, at least have a punt, you know things.

It mattered for gambling purposes.
Which only enhances my rolled eyes response that we're being forced to do this. Something as meaningless and pointless as for gambling purposes.

Don't know why we cater to the "I pay my membership so deserve to know" crowd. Sit down and shut up. When a player gets named he's fit sgain

Which only enhances my rolled eyes response that we're being forced to do this. Something as meaningless and pointless as for gambling purposes.

Don't know why we cater to the "I pay my membership so deserve to know" crowd. Sit down and shut up. When a player gets named he's fit sgain
Agree. this isnt being done for the fans. Its being done for the bookies and gambling houses so they cant be played by gamblers with inside knowledge that the clubs havent accurately released to the public.

Agree. this isnt being done for the fans. Its being done for the bookies and gambling houses so they cant be played by gamblers with inside knowledge that the clubs havent accurately released to the public.
Yep, a wholesome victory for the gambling business that we can try and pass off as the club looking out for its supporters more.

Spot on. Meaningless, pointless and sad. Gambling.

Yep, a wholesome victory for the gambling business that we can try and pass off as the club looking out for its supporters more.
Is there actually any evidence of posters here suggesting that the AFL did this for any other reason than to further their partnership with the gambling industry? I don't think I've read any posts here that don't reflect the opinion that the league's agenda here was far from altruistic.

Just because it was done for all the 'wrong' reasons doesn't mean that those of us who think decent injury reporting actually has some value can't endorse the outcome, though.

Is there actually any evidence of posters here suggesting that the AFL did this for any other reason than to further their partnership with the gambling industry? I don't think I've read any posts here that don't reflect the opinion that the league's agenda here was far from altruistic.

Just because it was done for all the 'wrong' reasons doesn't mean that those of us who think decent injury reporting actually has some value can't endorse the outcome, though.
Yeah I don't assume the AFL did it to benefit me. I do think the club should've just been more transparent in spite of gambling. I don't gamble and I think the AFLs relationship with gambling is very ordinary, doesn't change the fact that our clubs injury reporting still gives me the shits.

It's more than clear that a lot of people don't care about our injury list, and that's okay, but I do care and it has nothing to do with gambling, for me it just part of supporting the club, it's having anticipation for when younger players might return and we can watch them in the VFL, some times it provides a glimmer of hope when understand a players (potential) future return. I guess it helps me manage expectations.

Yeah I don't assume the AFL did it to benefit me. I do think the club should've just been more transparent in spite of gambling. I don't gamble and I think the AFLs relationship with gambling is very ordinary, doesn't change the fact that our clubs injury reporting still gives me the shits.

It's more than clear that a lot of people don't care about our injury list, and that's okay, but I do care and it has nothing to do with gambling, for me it just part of supporting the club, it's having anticipation for when younger players might return and we can watch them in the VFL, some times it provides a glimmer of hope when understand a players (potential) future return. I guess it helps me manage expectations.
I also don't believe that our absent injury reporting had anything to do with fighting against gambling. If someone can convince me otherwise then maybe I'll consider changing my view but I don't think Sportsbet gave a shit when James Willis returned or not.

I also don't believe that our absent injury reporting had anything to do with fighting against gambling. If someone can convince me otherwise then maybe I'll consider changing my view but I don't think Sportsbet gave a s**t when James Willis returned or not.
Research the 1947 scandal in the NFL and Commissioner Bell's strategy to mitigate the organisation from similar incidents.

Think how heavily immersed AFL is with gambling and the promotion of gambling.

Imagine the discussions being had behind closed doors when player injuries are not being reported in a way that is easily accessible and rapidly updated.

If you have a very uncynical view then this is a heart warming change of events aimed to inform concerned fans. I wish I thought the same.

Research the 1947 scandal in the NFL and Commissioner Bell's strategy to mitigate the organisation from similar incidents.

Think how heavily immersed AFL is with gambling and the promotion of gambling.

Imagine the discussions being had behind closed doors when player injuries are not being reported in a way that is easily accessible and rapidly updated.

If you have a very uncynical view then this is a heart warming change of events aimed to inform concerned fans. I wish I thought the same.
Maybe read my post above the one you replied to. There's no argument from me that the AFL hasn't made this change as a result of gambling. I do not think the AFL made this change for our sake.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep, it adds to the engagement between the supporter and the club imo, and the stronger the relationship between a club and its supporters the healthier the club becomes.

Patronising and abrasive when I tried to assist your query = I leave the conversation. Have a good one.
Apologies. Maybe I misinterpreted your last paragraph.

"If you have a very uncynical view then this is a heart warming change of events aimed to inform concerned fans. I wish I thought the same."

I read this as patronising and that you were implying that I believed this change is to inform fans, which I do not believe to be the case.

Edit: and rereading your comment again it still reads to me that you think I don't believe the AFL made this change because of gambling. I do so now I'm just confused by your comment and only read it entirely as patronising hence my abrasive response.

Last edited:
I did read some where, probably on an insta reel from one of our supporters that we're the only side that don't/didn't make public our 1-4 yr players time trial results this past week, all other clubs did....wt f#@k

Remove this Banner Ad

News Goodbye “medium term”

Remove this Banner Ad

Back