Goulburn Valley FL - 2011 Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It actually might happen one day down the track if Euroa fall off the GVL perch, would be a sad day for Seymour football club though if they lost their only true current rival. Seymour might be the major league team for the area with a district league consisting of Euroa, Avenel/Longwood, Nagambie, Yea, Alexandra, a reborn Thornton Eildon, Broadford, Kilmore and throw in Heathcote maybe. Makes sense, pretty much along similar lines to the junior footy comp and the local cricket comp based around Seymour.

Love ya thinking Alley cat :thumbsu: Kings Park would be the perfect grand final venue for the Seymour District Football League. Imagine a Avenel v Nagambie grand final being played there......

Is Bigfooty dying?-very quite on most threads :(

Maybe just the time of year ?
Upon reflection there was some specific topics which increased discussion amongst the GV last season .

Perry Meka and subsequently who was going to coach the Swans.
GV board
Where was Steve Daniels going to end up ?
Chris Egan .
Scott Beattie to Echuca United !
Was Rhys Archard going to return to Echuca !
And IIRC , a heated discussion between a couple of coaches .

Maybe just the time of year ?
Upon reflection there was some specific topics which increased discussion amongst the GV last season .

Perry Meka and subsequently who was going to coach the Swans.
GV board
Where was Steve Daniels going to end up ?
Chris Egan .
Scott Beattie to Echuca United !
Was Rhys Archard going to return to Echuca !
And IIRC , a heated discussion between a couple of coaches .

I can just feel a pulse.....

Game of the year tomorrow 1 vs 2 and the two best sides in the comp by a long way. Will be interesting to see how both sides approach this. Of course they will both want the win, but with the sides to meet in 4 weeks time in the finals will each coach want to show their full hand.
Is psychological advantage more important than having something up your sleeve for when it really counts.
I think the natural competitive edges to the players and coaches will take over and produce a fierce contest.
For mine Uniteds bottom 8 players look more capable, but Echucas top 5 are as good as it gets in country footy. Makes for a cracking game.
Unites to win by 3 points.

Todays shepp news article that Rochy has lost its points against Ky in rd 12 for playing Sam O'Brien unregistered from Bendigo Bombers, also lost % and copped fine.

The new ladder see Kyabram move to 4th on 36 points and Rochy currently 6th on 30 pts.

Rochy are appealing the decision

Todays shepp news article that Rochy has lost its points against Ky in rd 12 for playing Sam O'Brien unregistered from Bendigo Bombers, also lost % and copped fine.

The new ladder see Kyabram move to 4th on 36 points and Rochy currently 6th on 30 pts.

What a joke this is.

Far to assume next year after everyone sees how Bendigo Bombers want to dictate to players where and how they rehabilitate that they may have to find another 10-15 players as the existing will drop off quickly.

I think that Bendigo Bombers doing this has just about stuffed any chance they have of clubs promoting their juniors to them as country clubs also need their players to play when available. Bombers not happy with one player has hugely disadvantaged the club. The penalty does not fit the crime.
When the real story comes out the points and percentage will be added back.

What happens with Morrison Medal Votes.
If Sammy O collects 2 votes. Do they only read out the 1 vote and 3 votes ????

I know this thread is mainly about GVFL Seniors footy but I want to raise a question about the reserves umpiring. I think it's great the clubs are helping out the umpires and supplying there own umpire everyweek but should it be put to the GVFL that there should be an umpire from both home and away club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this thread is mainly about GVFL Seniors footy but I want to raise a question about the reserves umpiring. I think it's great the clubs are helping out the umpires and supplying there own umpire everyweek but should it be put to the GVFL that there should be an umpire from both home and away club.

In the O&K CS we supply 1 umpire from each club for home and away games for the magoos, actually had 2 non affiliated umpires do a ressies final last year as well.
Noticed tho that O&M ressies are getting league appointed umpires...Depends on numbers I guess.....

Can anyone tell me when a side has last won the flag from 4th, 5th or 6th under the current finals system?
To my way of thinking United, Echuca and Mooroopna are the only realistic chances. Rochy Tat and Ky are merely making up the numbers and filling in the first week of finals.
Other's thoughts?

Can anyone tell me when a side has last won the flag from 4th, 5th or 6th under the current finals system?
To my way of thinking United, Echuca and Mooroopna are the only realistic chances. Rochy Tat and Ky are merely making up the numbers and filling in the first week of finals.
Other's thoughts?

4th and 5th could be huge chances to play off in a 2nd semi as you'd think the 3 v 6 clash would be a 50/50 contest, and if 6th got up the winner of 4th and 5th will go into the 2nd Semi.
Dont believe anyone outside of the Top 3 have won it since the Top 6 was brought in though.

4th and 5th could be huge chances to play off in a 2nd semi as you'd think the 3 v 6 clash would be a 50/50 contest, and if 6th got up the winner of 4th and 5th will go into the 2nd Semi.
Dont believe anyone outside of the Top 3 have won it since the Top 6 was brought in though.

United are still the most best side in the competitiion and have the advantage with main finals being at Deakin Reserve. Echuca have proven they could upset them though, whether they can stand up in finals will be determined soon. The Tat Bulldogs are still a big chance if things fall there way and Mooroopna's form has tapered off a bit by the looks. Ky and Rochy's best is still pretty good, so all finals look like being really good contests at this stage. Looking at the draw things could shape up like this Ech v United....Tat v Ky.....Mpna v Rochy. Echuca v United would be a fantastic Grand Final with plenty of star players on both sides. From all reports United didn't give too much away last weekend, they are very confident they will knock them off next time though.

What a joke this is.

Far to assume next year after everyone sees how Bendigo Bombers want to dictate to players where and how they rehabilitate that they may have to find another 10-15 players as the existing will drop off quickly.

I think that Bendigo Bombers doing this has just about stuffed any chance they have of clubs promoting their juniors to them as country clubs also need their players to play when available. Bombers not happy with one player has hugely disadvantaged the club. The penalty does not fit the crime.
When the real story comes out the points and percentage will be added back.

What happened to the appeal? What was the real story?

United are still the most best side in the competitiion and have the advantage with main finals being at Deakin Reserve. Echuca have proven they could upset them though, whether they can stand up in finals will be determined soon. The Tat Bulldogs are still a big chance if things fall there way and Mooroopna's form has tapered off a bit by the looks. Ky and Rochy's best is still pretty good, so all finals look like being really good contests at this stage. Looking at the draw things could shape up like this Ech v United....Tat v Ky.....Mpna v Rochy. Echuca v United would be a fantastic Grand Final with plenty of star players on both sides. From all reports United didn't give too much away last weekend, they are very confident they will knock them off next time though.

All this talk that United didn't give much away is crap. They had a couple very good players out and so did Echuca (Echuca are still not at full strength either). I would say both sides went out to win the game saturday and the better team won on the day. Mark Quarrell would be very foolish to "Flirt" with form and from what i heard at 1/4 time with his rather animated address to his players, it seemed to me that he was taking the game seriously. Anyone trying to suggest that both teams didn't show their full deck is probaly true in regard to positional structure but to suggest it was only United that didn't show their hand is putting your head in the sand. Echuca didn't either but still won the game easily and now have a very big mental edge of United. Can't look at it any other way.

Don't worry about United-they were fair dinkum last week because I know they wanted to make a statement and from what I hear Looby was trying to impose himself on the contest. Be interesting to see how they come back. Perkovic, Huy and Gemmill to come back and Echuca had Sheldon and a couple of others missing! Also hear Beck from Ky out rest of year with knee?

[/b]
All this talk that United didn't give much away is crap. They had a couple very good players out and so did Echuca (Echuca are still not at full strength either). I would say both sides went out to win the game saturday and the better team won on the day. Mark Quarrell would be very foolish to "Flirt" with form and from what i heard at 1/4 time with his rather animated address to his players, it seemed to me that he was taking the game seriously. Anyone trying to suggest that both teams didn't show their full deck is probaly true in regard to positional structure but to suggest it was only United that didn't show their hand is putting your head in the sand. Echuca didn't either but still won the game easily and now have a very big mental edge of United. Can't look at it any other way.

Obviously very confident over there at Echuca as they should be with the list of players they have at their disposal. I don't think you can take to much out of this game to be honest, both sides would already have there eye firmly on the first week of finals. If anything Echuca probably showed United where they need to improve come finals.
Speaking of finals, have the venues been announced yet?

Other's thoughts?

From memory, Mansfield in 2009 finished 5th or 6th when they won the flag. I agree with your line of thinking re this year's top 3. United for mine though.

You're a flog mate.. Firstly, Seymour will finish a lot closer to finals than the bottom of the ladder. Secondly, how would you know how much Bernie is on?? To say he's 'on a heap of dough' is an un-educated guess at best. Thirdly, from what I've been told by a few at Seymour is that they're purposely trying to develop local talent and steering away from spending too much coin on recruits - they've done an excellent job to remain competitive after obviously spending quite a bit on making 4 GF's in a row and probably don't have much money to spend on recruits at the moment, anyway..

Which players doesn't he get on with?? Name some players instead of just making up dribble..

Hey T.Perry. Who's the flog now? With three rounds to go, Seymour can still finish last (although not likely). A LONG way from finals though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back