Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

At least McDonald can walk. Sam Reid couldn’t even do that 2 years ago.

I've rolled my ankle badly. Needed crutches for the first week and then I could walk on it. There were definitely times where I felt I could get back to running but decided to rest a little longer as I'm not a pro athlete.

Leading into the Grand Final I expect they'll inject to numb the pain on the day and he'll play out without problem.

If it was a regular H&A they'd probably give him the week off, but I cannot see this being a major problem.

Also it's not his kicking leg

Lachie Neale has a dodgy heel, ankle, achilles, sore calf and now a black eye. Logan looks pretty healthy in comparison.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely Cleary in for McDonald if he doesn't get up ?
Cleary looked like he could go through the middle a few times in the games he played which could allow Heeney and Warner to drift forward. Good speed and would keep the Brisbane defence honest if played up forward.
Ladhams could be 2nd ruck and allow McLean to just play forward all game. Ladhams is not a good forward (neither is Grundy) so a two ruck set up isn't going to add anything.
Francis when he has been switched around and played forward looked ok and made a few grabs but his goal kicking is horrible , for me only comes in if a defender goes out.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Grand Final 2024 - Sydney Swans / South Melbourne Bloods vs Brisbane Bears/ Fitzroy Lions - The Big Dance

Remove this Banner Ad

Back