Game Day Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

excited finding nemo GIF

1727459851209.jpeg
Oh great FOOTY GODS, bless The Brisbane Lions today. Let the ball bounce our way, help us to own the centre corridor, to run and spread, to exploit the overlap, to dominate inside forward fifty, to raise our tackle pressure to new heights, to enjoy repeat entries and to kick straight. Magnificent FOOTY GODS, give our defenders the strength to lock down Sydney’s small forwards and the courage to take the game on with intercept marking and rebound football. All powerful FOOTY GODS, Bless our midfield so that they can dominate the clearances, hit targets inside forward 50, kick goals themselves, but also run both ways. Kind FOOTY GODS, restore Lachie Neale’s heel and Jack Payne’s knee. Raise up the confidence of our players so that they feel your power for the full four quarters.

We, who have waited 21 years for a Premiership, beg you to find in our favour today and lift our playing group up into the realm of PREMIERSHIP CHAMPIONS.

Your humble servant,
3KZ is Football.

IMG_0629.jpeg

PS. Please curse Sydney a bit.

Last edited:
Up and awake early at the Travel Lodge here near Docklands. Been a great couple of days soaking up the atmosphere down here. GF parade and open training at the G were unreal, was also at the RoyalDerby for a meal and the last half hour of the Roar Deal.

Great company and food, went to Lucy Liu Asian quisine last night, exceptional food and service, first time in my life I have tipped.

Will make for the perfect weekend if the boys get the job done today..

Lions by 22, Cam Rayner for the Norm Smith.

I'm at work, 😒 plus on call, but hoping to see all the game.
My favorite player this finals campaign has been Brandon Starcevich. His fearlessness and strength really worries other players. Plus his kicking skills, wow, really capable player!!
I love all the team, but have a big soft spot for Joe. He is so exciting to watch, I hope he's not retiring anytime soon.
Go Lions!!!!!!!!!!!!

Content with my 5 hours sleep, thought it might be less. A brisk morning walk to the station to collect my car after a little over indulgence yesterday. Will be returning in a few hours, but just need to get out & do something to fill in time.

Much like KZ praying those above can give us a helping hand. Would love to experience a win with my son who wasn’t born for the 3 peat.

Have a great day everyone & let’s make some noise at the G. Go Lions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some evil thoughtless miscreant of an organization scheduled an event today from 9:30 to 4:50 which I can't dodge. 😞

(which would have been the silver lining if we lost last week). 😉

Will definitely be keeping an eye on the AFL app scores but not even likely to be able to follow the game day thread so you might have to cheer and melt and scream and rant and close your eyes as certain players kick for goal without me but I will be with you in spirit.

Certain 'helpful' 'friends' of mine have promised to send pics of them celebrating goals at their parties during the game ... ... ...

In any case GO LIONS and may tomorrow's main board be filled with threads like How can this Brisbane side be stopped and Can the Lions go back to back and How can the AFL justify the Lions getting a free hit a superstar goal kicker Eric Hop wood.

I was a bit too apprehensive going into the game last year and reckon it impacted my enjoyment of the game.

This time I've decided just to let go the fear of losing and enjoy the day and walk into the stadium optimistically and if we lose so be it. It's a great achievement to play in back to back GF's.

Just hope it's a good game like last year!

I was a bit too apprehensive going into the game last year and reckon it impacted my enjoyment of the game.

This time I've decided just to let go the fear of losing and enjoy the day and walk into the stadium optimistically and if we lose so be it. It's a great achievement to play in back to back GF's.

Just hope it's a good game like last year!
Exactly how I am feeling

Some evil thoughtless miscreant of an organization scheduled an event today from 9:30 to 4:50 which I can't dodge. 😞

(which would have been the silver lining if we lost last week). 😉

Will definitely be keeping an eye on the AFL app scores but not even likely to be able to follow the game day thread so you might have to cheer and melt and scream and rant and close your eyes as certain players kick for goal without me but I will be with you in spirit.

Certain 'helpful' 'friends' of mine have promised to send pics of them celebrating goals at their parties during the game ... ... ...

In any case GO LIONS and may tomorrow's main board be filled with threads like How can this Brisbane side be stopped and Can the Lions go back to back and How can the AFL justify the Lions getting a free hit a superstar goal kicker Eric Hop wood.

“Some evil thoughtless miscreant of an organization scheduled an event today from 9:30 to 4:50 which I can't dodge.”

Kill them! Kill them all! Burn their villages and salt their land! 😂

Not to get ahead of myself, but there is a fairytale in the making if we manage to win today.

Five key injuries, coach under pressure, number 1 pick under pressure, players in poor form, lambasted in the media for our goal kicking, two come from behind wins in the finals series and here we are.

It reads magically and I hope we all get to relish in it if / when it transpires.

Remove this Banner Ad

Game Day Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back