Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

So according to opposition fans we just won 3 Grand Finals yeah?

Geelong Fans: they don’t stand a chance they just played their GF against GWS

Sydney fans: we’ve got this Brisbane are exhausted they already played their GF against Geelong.

After tonight’s win that’s 3 Grand Final wins by my count
You’ve missed another ~8 there.

Seems nearly every win this year was after playing “our grand final”.

It's all obvious in hindsight.

Once we abandoned the kick it down the line approach and embraced the chaos ball and the risk of the corridor , and had the cattle to implement it ,that's a game made for the MCG.

Sydney in contrast chalked up the most of their wins on much smaller/narrower grounds by clogging up their back half and using their elite runners to crush the opposition on the rebound.

They looked lost yesterday once they couldn't get any rebound out of the back half.
Same thing that defeated Geelong in the Prelim.
It’s an interesting point for both Geelong & Sydney. They’ve both been competitive for so many years, but not able to get over the line in finals (except Geelong beating Sydney). Perhaps the game plan structured around their narrow home grounds really does expose them on the MCG.

…but enough about them. We were awesome!

I said 10min into the game to those I was with that we don’t look nervous or uncomfortable out there. That went for everyone on the ground. Was a great sign.
Yep. Even when we went two goals down I wasn't too worried. The talk before a granny is always how hot the first 5 or ten minutes are. I thought we came in hot, Sydney were luke warm and lucky.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sitting at the airport waiting for the last plane out tonight to Bris Vegas and reading all the comments.
What a day and what a game for all the club and its supporters.
Saw 2002 live and then brought my daughter and partner down last year only to be left devastated after the game.
Just knew if we made it we would be hard to topple this year as we hardly strung two good quarters together all season.
Said to everyone if we put four quarters together no one can touch us and we did on the day it mattered most.
Shattered tonight but so proud of the players, club and supporters.
We are where we were in 2001 with a young list and (then)at the start of an amazing run.
Lets hope these boys emulate the three peat team ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Is this something that should be right by next year?

Anyone know about Hippy's injury?
Having better shoes helped me. It still flares up if I spend too much time on my feet in crappy thongs or whatnot. Been managing it for 30+ years! Lachie will be fine as long as he takes the right precautions.

Just got round to watching Horse's presser. Jeez, if we were going to lose to a team Sydney is one that I would be OK with. Quality organisation and people.

Presser was also done under terrible circumstances with us celebrating in the room next door.

Sitting at the airport waiting for the last plane out tonight to Bris Vegas and reading all the comments.
What a day and what a game for all the club and its supporters.
Saw 2002 live and then brought my daughter and partner down last year only to be left devastated after the game.
Just knew if we made it we would be hard to topple this year as we hardly strung two good quarters together all season.
Said to everyone if we put four quarters together no one can touch us and we did on the day it mattered most.
Shattered tonight but so proud of the players, club and supporters.
We are where we were in 2001 with a young list and (then)at the start of an amazing run.
Lets hope these boys emulate the three peat team ..

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I'm probably sitting at the same gate haha

Nursing quite the hangover today. Watched the replay twice. Still can’t put into words what I’m feeling. Just keep thinking back to the games I sat in the Gabba from 2014-2016 when it was genuinely bleak. Love this club, love these players, love Fages and love everyone in here! What a journey it has been since November 2016 to now.

Seeing the likes of Lethal, Browny, Black & Aker in the rooms post game felt like a full circle moment!

That's my logic too. Hopefully I'll see you there (and then piss bolt in the opposite direction before you see me).
Very droll. 😉

In other news. Did the MRP have anything to say about Brodie Grundy’s hit on Cam Rayner? It was mikes off the ball, so straight to the tribunal?

Just got round to watching Horse's presser. Jeez, if we were going to lose to a team Sydney is one that I would be OK with. Quality organisation and people.

Presser was also done under terrible circumstances with us celebrating in the room next door.

That was utterly appalling!
Surely someone should be responsible for ensuring the press conferences are held in a professional manner.
What were they thinking!?
Imagine if Fages had to cop that last year. Disgraceful!

Congratulations lions fans, that was an incredible performance in the grand final. As a neutral observer I found it quite an exhilarating game to watch. Your boys just dominated and would have beaten anyone you might have faced.

On reflection, you should have been the favourite going into the game yesterday. I was wondering at what point did you really turn the season around after the challenging start. The lions have been amazing for the last 4 months. In that time you only had 1 very narrow loss against a fired up pies and the loss to the giants really could have gone your way considering you lead for most of it and were very innacurate.

Congratulations and watch all the replays again and again. After last year's heartbreak this is the best remedy to get over that.

Daniher is still one of my favourite players and so happy he got a flag, happy for McKenna as well.

Funnily enough I went to paris to watch the Olympics this year and would hear the french national anthem daily and I would always break out singing the Brisbane lions song.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back