Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Just watched the replay with 3AW commentary. This seriously doesn't get tiresome at all.

Tomorrow will be SEN. Pretty sure I'm going to watch them all this week.

Did these features exist in any shape or form for the three peat?
I remember the DVD's having radio commentary options, yeah.

Has anyone made a welfare check on David King yet?
Apparently he’s locked himself in his room and is listening to Joy Division and The Smiths on high rotation.

I recall Heeney was so far in front after the Prelim's he couldn't lose.

Small comfort.
Points are 1.5x in the GF. I believe that Lachie needs a 5 to win, Zorko 10 to tie.

So rapt for all of you Lions fans that your team's talent shone through.

I didn't bet or tip this game formally, but I thought all the people tipping Sydney were a bit gutless (ie. hedging bet because Sydney were always considered "the best team in 2024").

Brisbane clearly has a team with a deeper level of talent. Sydney are all about their big 3 and a few other solid players (Lizard, Rampe, Parker, Rowbottom and Papley come to mind), but the rest are dogshit, especially in big games (Amartey and McDonald most readily come to mind). Grundy was okay but he is a shadow of his former self (circa 2017/18).

The SCG hides this because the big 3 can readily hit the scoreboard on the shorter ground.

The embrace between Leigh and Chris was tear jerking...that was truly special stuff.

Joe Daniher - I loved that he scored right at the end and got to salute his family and fans like that. What a great bloke, and he had a massive role to play in getting you there in the first place.

The young talented smalls on your list are a joy to watch. Neale is now a bona fide legend, and McCluggage really went to that next level over the past two years, becoming a more solid and damaging player as his confidence rose during that time.

The backline is ludicrous - Starcevic did almost nothing wrong this finals series (and he was elite in the GF), but the same could almost be said of the rest in Lester, Andrews, Payne, and then also young Wilmot. And Zorko ffs, what a jet! So glad his leadership was highlighted on stage by the classy and lovable Fagan.

And then there is the Big O - what a top bloke! Genuinely happy for the team and his replacement in Fort, he brought infectious joy.

Hipwood is perpetually underrated and had a great game as well. None of your blokes were bad. Ah Chee is so cool under pressure and just rose to the occasion - his performances typified the entire Brisbane Lions 2024 finals series.

Bloody well enjoy it!

Edit: Forgot Dunkley, yet another excellent game; and Berry, huge wrap for this bloke - talk about redemption...why were people picking Sydney again?

Last edited:
Geez what a weekend, remember the days we were stoked that Ryan Bastinac or Travis Johnson or Brent Maloney had chosen to come to the lions. (No disrespect). The days when we were spewing that Billy Longer was leaving, The Fev disaster, when we hoped Ben Keays would be a star because he was all Australian as an under ager, happy when we got Trent Barrett, praying we could get an assistant coach someone had heard of… I could go on. We are back where we belong and it’s a beautiful thing. Just quietly I don’t think this is the end of it, might just be the beginning. 🦁

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched the replay with 3AW commentary. This seriously doesn't get tiresome at all.

My DVD's of th three peat all have three commentary tracks but I couldn't tell you who they are.

I haven't read through this thread yet so not sure if it's been discussed but is it standard practise for the losing team to go straight up the race without acknowledging their fans. I'd hate to think we did that last year ? Swans players went up the race and didn't even look over to their supporter base. It fired the supporter bay up because a bunch of us assumed they were going to leave so we could get along the fence for the victory lap. It just made them super salty and there were bunch of grown sydney cheer squad members physically stopping kids from getting along the gate to celebrate with the players. I had to remove myself from the scene as I was worried I'd do something stupid with what I was seeing.

Overall the atmosphere between both supporters was fantastic all day but what I saw down there after the game was disgraceful.

How do you watch them with the different commentary. Would love to do the same when I get back this week.

if anyone mentions the word “dynasty” I’m petitioning the mods for a 12-month suspension.
1727615119873.jpeg
Not a fan? I must admit the disco stylings of “I Was Made For Lovin’ You” weren’t to my taste either.

Apparently he’s locked himself in his room and is listening to Joy Division and The Smiths on high rotation.
Well then he's got plenty of appropriate titles to listen to!

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish.
The Boy with the Thorn in his Side.
I Know It's Over.
Half A Person.
Nowhere Fast.
Paint A Vulgar Picture.
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before.
Unloveable.

And that's just The Smiths lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back