Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Sydney?

• [1] Kai Lohmann

• [3] Joe Daniher

• [4] Callum Ah Chee

• [5] Josh Dunkley

• [6] Hugh McCluggage

• [7] Jarrod Berry

• [8] Will Ashcroft

• [9] Lachie Neale

• [13] Logan Morris

• [15] Dayne Zorko

• [16] Cam Rayner

• [23] Charlie Cameron

• [26] Conor McKenna

• [28] Jaspa Fletcher

• [30] Eric Hipwood

• [31] Harris Andrews

• [32] Darcy Fort

• [33] Zac Bailey

• [35] Ryan Lester

• [37] Brandon Starcevich

• [40] Jack Payne

• [43] Noah Answerth

• [44] Darcy Wilmot

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Well then he's got plenty of appropriate titles to listen to!

I Started Something I Couldn't Finish.
The Boy with the Thorn in his Side.
I Know It's Over.
Half A Person.
Nowhere Fast.
Paint A Vulgar Picture.
Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want.
Stop Me If You Think You've Heard This One Before.
Unloveable.

And that's just The Smiths lol.
Great post moncon. Some fantastic songs among that lot.

As for Joy Division, King has had these on constantly:
Isolation
Wilderness
I Remember Nothing
Atrocity Exhibition

Just listening to the roar deal pod and seems like Nigel Lappin was an incredible guest at the pre match brunch they did at taxi kitchen.

Anyone who was there able to share some insight?
Nige was top shelf. Such a humble and genuinely nice bloke. Took time to meet and chat with a lot of us. He was actually listening and engaged with whomever he was chatting to. I’ve talked to plenty of ex pro’s of various sports and most of the time their mind is elsewhere.

A few of tidbits

Aaron shattock was the one that punctured his lung during a fitness test prior to the GF.

Was at the GF last year and left devastated which surprised him given he’s been at Geelong 16 years now.

Talked about how he’d prepare for the big games, deal with the pressure, prep etc by not looking too far ahead and dealing with the here and now.

As young footballer playing against men he decided he needed to get his habits right so in the future when the pressure is on it just becomes second nature, be it a regular game or a GF.

Loves being in a development role with younger players. Senior coaching not on his radar at the moment.

Talked up Darcy as a very good ruckman and backed him in to do well against Grundy

Our lads are very difficult to play against. Very good at the contest, the only side that likes to hold all 6 Fwds ahead of the ball and have genuine X factor in the fwd half. If we get enough looks we can outscore anyone.

Was very complimentary of our defence and the system we use to move the ball from the back half.

Tipped us to win by at least 4 goals (might have been 26pts)

Dom agreed to a week on the goldy for his family so he can jump on the podcast… 😂

Last edited:
Nige was top shelf. Such a humble and genuinely nice bloke. Took time to meet and chat with a lot of us. He was actually listening and engaged to whomever he was chatting with, I’ve talked to plenty of ex pro’s of various sports and most of the time their mind is elsewhere.

A few of tidbits

Dom agreed to a week on the goldy for his family so he can jump on the podcast… 😂

Ripper, great stuff!

David King: But can they go back to back? I don’t think so.
David King is a bloody idiot.
He lost all credibility questioning if Fagan could coach only weeks before a coaching masterclass over Chris Scott, then with Chris Fagan announced as Coach of the Year by his peers and finally coaching the Lions to their 4th flag.

Quick question Lions fans.
Is the “Hey Baby” song sung by the Lions fans on GF day during the game Zac Bailey’s song when he kicks a goal at the GABBA?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Review Grand Final, 2024 - Sydney vs. Brisbane Lions

Back