Grant Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Did I hear right??

Are you guys serious? How did the injury happen? Or was this the one that he sustained during the pre-season, and it wasn't known how serious it was? Certainly puts some pressure on Wight, and Everitt and Williams too, these young guys are going to have to start putting in some quality performances.

Lets look at the bright side, he must be confident about this season because I'm sure he said that another major injury would see him pull the pin. At least by having the operation it shows that he is keen to keep playing.
Who knows, it might even add another season to his career.
Heres hoping anyway.

Must've gotten very serious overnight then.

I could've sworn I heard last night he'd had an injection to treat it and might be right for this week.

On a positive note this forces the other blokes to step up....in particular Cam Wight. He now knows that the position in the side is his to cement so that should give him some encouragement. With Grant due to come back in the second half of the season, Grant can set his sights on the run-up to the finals. Instead of nursing him through the season, he will come into the finals fresh.

The other player in the equation is Brian Harris......more important than ever that he doesn't get rubbed out for pointless acts of agression. If he doesn't know that now, he never will.

Fox Sports is reporting that Chris Grant will miss the first half of the season after surgery to remove bone spurs in his groin/pelvis area.

It is said to be a complication of osteitis pubis that Chris has had for the last few seasons.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

crap,

oh well, it might be the best thing for him this year. His body will probably only last half a year anyway, might be a very handy inclusion later on if we are a bit thin in defence

Man that sucks!

The Dogs need Chris Grant this season! Even at his age he is a huge part of this side and one of our most valuable players.

Cam Wight has some big shoes to fill down back, still it won't hurt him to have that much pressure on him it will do the kid the world of good.

That is a shame, it robs us of alot of versitility. The positive to come out of it is that McDougal and Wight will play alot more senior footy in the 1st half of the year.

They won't promote Pask or Harbrow unless they were going to be brought straight into the senior side.

This is ok.

We need to learn to play without the champ eventually. Perfer it this side of the season. He will be back...

Wight played a super game on the weekend - his time has come.

Our near perfect run with injuries has come to an end.

Good luck Chrissy, can wait to see you out there in the second half champ:thumbsu:

Our backline now:

Hargrave Harris Morris
Gilbee Wight McMahon

If Williams could step up and push for senoir selection it would be great having another big body down there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grant Out

Remove this Banner Ad

Back