Grigg or Houli???

Remove this Banner Ad

I want both. Houli outside skill and speed. Grigg can go inside or out and can run off half back. Has good size, speed and although he can spray them he's not diabolical. Their best is infront of them and we will get them cheaply or not at all I would hope. Good trading in a diluted draft.

why is houli even an option? for gods sake people he is staying at essendon, FFS let that fact register

why is houli even an option? for gods sake people he is staying at essendon, FFS let that fact register

Oops....

Houli has officially walked from the Dons and will not return under any circumstances: TWR and Houli's manager about 15 minutes ago.

Says he will go to the draft if necessary.

Tiges surely hold all the cards now. I am very pleased.:D

Pick 50 will be OK, but start with pick 79!!!:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If we are able to transorm a Port Adelaide fringe player (in Farmer) into a regular contributor in our best 22, surely there is more of an upside with Grigg and/or Houli who have been in the system considerably longer!

sheesh farmer is a long way from establishing himself and actually making it. how about we have our players actually prove themselves first before we announce tham as players.
to me hes still a fringe player at richmond but showed enough not to get delisted.

a few reasons why both houli and grigg would be good gets.

age - both still young.and fit our criteria moving forward.
size - both have good size to them
ball - both get a bit of it.
kicking - imo and contrary to others both use it well houli in particular. the knock on grigg is hes one sided and makes the odd decision error. his kicking imo is passable
upgrade - they are both upgrades on many of similar types on our list and as such actually improve us.
run - they provide good run.

the only knock i have on houli is pace for an outside type this can be a real problem.he may need to change the way he goes about it

finally and importantly
cost - sheesh grigg for pick 50 and houli in the psd is cheap as chips.

sheesh farmer is a long way from establishing himself and actually making it. how about we have our players actually prove themselves first before we announce tham as players.
to me hes still a fringe player at richmond but showed enough not to get delisted.

"Watch you talkin' about Willis?" For the record, Farmer has played 17 serviceable games in 2010 with an average of 13 disposals predominantly in defence compared to 5 games with Port over two seasons. IMO, he is certainly in the mix!!!

Pardon my ignorance but who is this gorgeous speciman

Salma Hayek I believe. For a full explanation watch the middle 5 minutes of From Dusk to Dawn, an unusually constructed movie presumably only really cobbled together so Quentin Tarantino got to see Salma in her underwear and dancing with a python (not a metaphor unfortunately).

I think now that Houli's officially walked out the Bombers will finish up getting whatever they can for him and he won't get to the PSD. Expect 50 to Essendon and Thursfield (or pick traded for Will) to Carlton.

Not a big fan of Houli's myself - I think he got half his games and all his media purely from being "the first Muslim to play AFL" (which we all know isn't actually correct). Still, if Grigg and Houli both get here I reckon at least one of them will give us a good career.

"Watch you talkin' about Willis?" For the record, Farmer has played 17 serviceable games in 2010 with an average of 13 disposals predominantly in defence compared to 5 games with Port over two seasons. IMO, he is certainly in the mix!!!

didnt say he was not in the mix in fact said he did enough to not get delisted.

what i did say is he is a long way away from actually establishing himself as a decent afl footballer.
he may have played 17 games but many imo were not good enough with others being just passable. for a player of his type we need a huge increase in output from him.
for a 22yr old small entering his 4th season he needs to hit his straps.

Jeez you're a harsh marker.
Farmer showed much more than to simply not be delisted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Grigg or Houli???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back