Autopsy Groundhog day averted! Swans defeat Cats by 30 infront of a packed SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously as you know ive watched us for a long time and ive never seen a Swans player run that far and goaled
Did you never watch Jetta? What about Hanners? Franklin, maybe once or twice? Plenty of Swans players have run from D50 to A50 as part of an attacking run and goaled, especially in 2014, '15 & '16. Maybe not recently, but that 2024 team had some serious runners...

1718180533698.png

What about how the Yanks don’t put an extra L in “travelling”:

traveling

Always looks odd to me.

Or the way they write “stomach ache” as one word:

stomachache.

Now THAT looks weird.
Or tranquillity is another word

Generally on a internet forum if its understandable who really cares

Groan.

How does a footy forum become the lowest common denominator on the internet?

What the Hector with the popular use of should of?

What about how the Yanks don’t put an extra L in “travelling”:

traveling

Always looks odd to me.

Or the way they write “stomach ache” as one word:

stomachache.

Now THAT looks weird.
The US does plenty of weird spelling, and I expect it from them now... but yes, every now and then you come across an extra weird one... and stomachache certainly fits that bill! :grinv1:

Not sure maturity has ever been an issue with Lewy.

His issues have always been - for me at least - closing speed and/or ability to go with his opponent on a lead + injury/fitness.

Those with a good memory will tell you that in 2017 (when we started 0-6) that he was brilliant that season.

He has always been a bloody good defender - he just needs to stay on the park.

I guess I mean maturity in the sense that he doesn't drop his head after a mistake and keeps his composure .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer but your brain will perceive the sentence as to loose something regardless
Nup. You have to do a minute double-take.

As I never tire of saying, people who think this stuff doesn’t matter think there’s no difference between:

“helping my uncle Jack off a horse”

and:

“helping my uncle jack off a horse”.

Did you never watch Jetta? What about Hanners? Franklin, maybe once or twice? Plenty of Swans players have run from D50 to A50 as part of an attacking run and goaled, especially in 2014, '15 & '16. Maybe not recently, but that 2024 team had some serious runners...

View attachment 2017942
Would love to watch Craig Bird do it again. One of my all time favourite players. I always looked at him coming off the field and I knew he had given everything he had.

Can someone please edit the title to averted not reverted. It still bugs me!

Thank you!!

Even Avoided would be better still, or Sydney v Geelong Review .

I generally agree with you BUT (isn't there always one of those?) I hope that the team is looking at ways to blunt opposition fast starts without burning ourselves out. Perhaps an extra behind centre? A different setup at stoppage? Different CBA? I think Horse said as much in his presser.
Great point KC. Regards to the Sunshine Band

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Groundhog day averted! Swans defeat Cats by 30 infront of a packed SCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back