Happiest Moment This Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Derek Zoolander

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 16, 2002
With all the trade talk going and the fact that there's not a lot happening at this time of night, share what your happiest moment was this year.

Mine was Round 21 - Half time. Looked at the scoreboard and we were sitting 8th on the live ladder. Happy days.

Happiest moment was when we trounced the Eagles by 43 points.... i was with two of my friends, 1 was an eagle supporter, the other a swans supporter. My friend nathan who goes for the swans has a soft spot for the dogs while my other friend andrew pulled out his hair and left when i was singing the victory song.... WOOOOOO

Hope none of you guys say Nathan Brown's injury was your happiest moment this year....

My happiest moment the rising of a star Dale Morris debut against the crows played on Mcleod, Ricciuto and Goodwin. Baptism of fire and he played awesome a future dogs champ is born.

GO DALE U STAR

Mine would have to be the Geelong game, in that period in the 3rd quarter when we were dominating, and blew the lead out to 68 points, and Griffen's game, especially his work around the packs.

westy07 said:
Mine would have to be the Geelong game, in that period in the 3rd quarter when we were dominating, and blew the lead out to 68 points, and Griffen's game, especially his work around the packs.

Great taste, two champions Ali and Westy. Great avatar.

And the rising of Griffen in that game was a highlight for me too.

Singing the song with my two year old after the Eagles game

Calling Boyd a bit of a Dud and then he kicked that great goal only to be reminded by fossie32 what I had just said,

Swearing at a computer in Sabah whist watching on the AFL sight the games against the tiges.

Happy and funny
When the adelaide guy, played on after a mark in the goal square, and the siren beat him.
Then Daniel Chick did the same thing against the eagles, nice timing time keepers. :)

Shane Warne's leg break over the winter, only beaten by that other leg break that put a wry smile on my dial.....

From a footy point of view, hard to beat Grant's 300th game and that third quarter effort against the crows. Brisbane game was great, Robbins mark, Johnson's goal, Matt Boyd goal against the Tigers.....Griff on Ablett, Cooney in the Brownlow, West all the time, Street's improvement, Minson and his aggression, Cross and his massive improvement, Eagleton and his ability to con so many, Tim Walsh's one and only goal ever.....

So many good things....

Boyds goal against the tigers.

When there was no players in the our forward line and it became a race to goal and he kicked the ball off the ground and gathered it in the goal square. It was the turning point in the game

INSIGHT said:

When there was no players in the our forward line and it became a race to goal and he kicked the ball off the ground and gathered it in the goal square. It was the turning point in the game
Best sheperd of the year!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

INSIGHT said:

You know that's going to go down in Bulldog folklore and we're gunna talk about it forever.

fred cook said:
Singing the song with my two year old after the Eagles game

Calling Boyd a bit of a Dud and then he kicked that great goal only to be reminded by fossie32 what I had just said,

Swearing at a computer in Sabah whist watching on the AFL sight the games against the tiges.

;)

I think the Brisbane game at the Dome - similar to Geelong, both great, but we played so well it was amazing. Sharing the moment with my family and the Cook family, magic!

Brissy Game at the Gabba

No darcy, no tall forward line, no one gave us a chance......

All we did was run and run and run and run and run.....

All I did was yell and yell and yell and yell to thr point that the lady in front of me asked if was going to keep doing that (to which I replied absolutely!) and by Tuesday of that week I still couldn't talk....

For me that was the start from where the young guys started to really believe that they could match it in the AFL with the best.....HUGE nite in Brissy after that one.

The two Brisbane games for two different reasons

We won in the first game at the Gabba against the odds. It was the week after Darcy went down. Rocket was brilliant this week. He got the boys ready for battle rather than feeling sorry for themselves. We won well when no one gave us a chance. I think it really taught the boys that they could win and gave them belief in themselves. It was a marvellous performance.

The last 1/4 v Brisbane at the Dome. When the goal onslaught came I just had the feeling we were witnessing the demise of a champion team but at the same time witnessing the emergence of a champion team.

The Doctor said:
The last 1/4 v Brisbane at the Dome. When the goal onslaught came I just had the feeling we were witnessing the demise of a champion team but at the same time witnessing the emergence of a champion team.
Definately that last 1/4, I thought we assisted that demise. Twice they caught us and usually we would have given up and found a way to lose, but we weren't going to lose that way this time. On a sour note it is why the final game against Melb was so disappointing. It looked like we had unlearned an important lesson.

The Brisbane game first up.

No one gave us a chance due to losing Darce, but Eade let it be known that there were no excuses. In years gone past we would have just conceded the season there and then. When we look back in a few years I reckon we'll be saying thats when things really started to change.

Mine would have to be the Adelaide game in Round 5, that brilliant third quarter and Darcy bagging those 6 goals...most importantly it was Grant's 300th and they lifted and won the game...thus making Grant's big day one to remember, he so deserves it. I had tears in my eyes.

Saying all that...the Bris, Geelong, Westcoast wins, were very good aswell.

Griffen's little shimmy around Gary Ablett jr, then hits Murph on the chest for a goal, made me go of my nut with joy .

The Doctor said:

my sentiments exactly. was a truly special night.

Remove this Banner Ad

Happiest Moment This Year

Remove this Banner Ad

Back