Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Not true, Roos will have built a huge war chest by then as everyone hitting 27 years of age continues to depart.

Not that its going to help them get Reid.

Suspect Pies, Tiggers and Geelong will have plenty by then as well.
His football salary will only be a small fraction of his total income pretty soon

No one is getting him out of Perth for financial reasons

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app

His football salary will only be a small fraction of his total income pretty soon

No one is getting him out of Perth for financial reasons

On SM-A225F using BigFooty.com mobile app
100% he won't leave for money. He'll get whatever he asks for wherever he goes. Eagles can match the off field money that the big Melbourne clubs can offer as well. The small clubs won't be in the running as they can't.

There will be articles on Harley Reid wanting back to Victoria until he retires even if he signs a 10 year $100m deal.

Until it comes from his mouth, anything said about him can be dismissed as at the moment there is zero evidence he doesn't like it at West Coast. His first goal with us was accompanied by him grabbing his jumper in front of the crowd.
As I've said before, I hope he's like Patrick Cripps and even though he's far from home, he's invested in his clubs success for the long haul. It seems the early signs are good on that one, and yeah, being out of the Melbourne fish bowl might suit him too.

As I've said before, I hope he's like Patrick Cripps and even though he's far from home, he's invested in his clubs success for the long haul. It seems the early signs are good on that one, and yeah, being out of the Melbourne fish bowl might suit him too.

As others have pointed out, Tongala is far from Melbourne and Chris Judd aside (who left for understandable reasons) the vast majority of our required Victorian players stayed here for their entire careers. We even made one captain. I back our club to retain Harley Reid at this early stage.

As others have pointed out, Tongala is far from Melbourne and Chris Judd aside (who left for understandable reasons) the vast majority of our required Victorian players stayed here for their entire careers. I back our club to retain Harley Reid at this early stage.
Best example is actually Shannon Hurn. Grew up in country SA and has only just gone back now to work on the family farms. Played his career out here and balanced between the two

McKercher & Duursma will end up being very good players for us for a long time.
Not worth thinking about the what ifs and should we have tanked etc.

Meanwhile Harley Reid described his recent birthday as "the worst ever"
Id be wanting him to sign sooner rather than later if I were Eagles.
Mate you may be right he might move back to Melbourne, but I can give you the hot tip he's not signing to North if he does.

Mate you may be right he might move back to Melbourne, but I can give you the hot tip he's not signing to North if he does.

I don’t think ‘back to Melbourne’ is the correct term. I don’t think he has ever lived there.

Fox Footy had on their chyron that Harley Reid was returning to his ‘hometown’ when we played the dogs. Just hopeless. Eagles getting confused and heading to Tongala would explain our performance that day though.

I don’t think ‘back to Melbourne’ is the correct term. I don’t think he has ever lived there.

Fox Footy had on their chyron that Harley Reid was returning to his ‘hometown’ when we played the dogs. Just hopeless. Eagles getting confused and heading to Tongala would explain our performance that day though.
If he was from Moama would playing at the scg be returning home?

Interesting
There was an article saying he has been missing family.
I started a thread a couple of weeks ago about one club players that came from interstate and there were far more than I would have imagined. There is plenty of precedent to say that Harley could play out his entire career at the Eagles and I hope he does. Looks like his having a whale of a time there to me.

Please just stop. This is getting embarrassing
He's salty and has been since the draft, was a few nth supporters running with the same story that nth had the upper hand re draft picks and WC had to trade pic 1 for whatever nth decided to offer end of.
When it didn't happen they jumped on the "he doesn't like Perth, wants to go home blah blah".
Makes positive comments that are generally followed by a innuendo/dig at him wanting to leave or not enjoying being at WC.
Sad stuff.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I was going to say

Please just stop. I can only get so erect

The tears are just funny
I do wish the media would stop implying that North should've tanked as if they wouldn't be throwing the kitchen sink at North for tanking if they had. That must be getting under the skin of North fans

“In April there’s three of our birthdays,” he told the ABC after Sunday night’s win over Melbourne.

“I missed my sister’s, and mine too — I got to spend that on my own. It was probably the worst birthday.”

Reid received permission to fly home to country Victoria on his week off.

“It was good to get back and I felt like I needed to see the family,” Reid said of his break.

“It was good to connect back there with them.

“Sometimes on your day off you’d love to drive around and see your family but obviously you can’t, so it was good to get a weekend home and see the family.

“I’m 19, I’ve never moved out of home, so I don’t know any different without my parents around and my family.”
Meh. These are things every first year interstate draftee teenager would be thinking.

But because it's Harley Reid it's apparently homesickness I guess.

#bringhimback

Wouldn't he have been bid on with pick 1 if this was the case?

No because that would have allowed Pies to match with lesser picks.

Regardless, even if you don’t agree Daicos would have gone 1 in an open draft, there would be enough people who would think he could go 1 so JHF was not the lay down misere Riewoldt , Walsh and Reid were. There was no question at all in those drafts.

And if we want to extend that line of argument to its logical conclusion - let's just not draft anyone out of state then because they will miss home.

Wait, let's not draft out of Perth, because they'll miss Lake Grace. Maybe that's why we passed on Nat Fyfe.

I suspect Harley Reid is a professional and knows he's living the dream and I look forward to hopefully bumping this thread when he plays his 150th for West Coast.

No because that would have allowed Pies to match with lesser picks.

Regardless, even if you don’t agree Daicos would have gone 1 in an open draft, there would be enough people who would think he could go 1 so JHF was not the lay down misere Riewoldt , Walsh and Reid were. There was no question at all in those drafts.
Fair enough. I recall a fair bit of hype around JHF in his draft year, and some absolute godfather offers made by Adelaide, Richmond for pick 1, so that they could secure his services. This is why I was questioning your assertion that Daicos was another 'clear number 1' at the time if not for FS, as this wasn't the case. Not wanting to derail the thread any further, given it's about Harley, so let's drop it there.

And if we want to extend that line of argument to its logical conclusion - let's just not draft anyone out of state then because they will miss home.

Wait, let's not draft out of Perth, because they'll miss Lake Grace. Maybe that's why we passed on Nat Fyfe.

I suspect Harley Reid is a professional and knows he's living the dream and I look forward to hopefully bumping this thread when he plays his 150th for West Coast.

Obviously I dont want him to (nor think he will) leave anytime soon, but if he did the bounty WC would get would be far more than anything offered for pick 1 during the trade period last year

Which is why the calls to not pick him last year get more embarrassing by the day

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Harley Reid isnt leading the rising star so far

Remove this Banner Ad

Back