Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

So lets think this through.
Move to Melbourne and the shi**y weather (and state) that comes with it.
Get paid lots of money.
And play in front of large crowds most weeks.
Or
Stay in Perth with the nice weather.
Get paid the same huge amount of money.
Be idolized by the state and probably never have to pay for a thing again.
Play in front of packed out screaming fans every second week.
The one thing I will give WC fans, is that they turn up whether their team is good, or crap.
You can't not admire that.

If I were him, I would stay where I am and I hope he goes well, as the kid is going to be a star for many, many years.
Each day The West has a ridiculous back page article about him - it's not funny and would drive anybody to leave the state. Reid4.jpeg Reid3.jpeg Reid1.jpeg Reid2.jpeg

He'll obviously get massive offers. For me it'll come down to whether he wants to come back home to Victoria at some point in his career, or whether he forges WA as his new home for his career / post career.

Either way every time he's in a contract year it will be Dustin Martin like contract speculation.

Each day The West has a ridiculous back page article about him - it's not funny and would drive anybody to leave the state. View attachment 2030941View attachment 2030942View attachment 2030943View attachment 2030944
One of your very own freo fans behind it as well. Showing your age though, nobody under 40 actually reads the newspaper or even cares, just numpties on social media sharing the backpages around to give that sports editor nuffy the attention he craves.

Reid will be getting crazy attention wherever he plays and the talk about the "obsessed WA media" is rich when you have nothing articles like this coming out every other week from victoria and commentators who can't keep his name out of their mouths. Nobody at the club can do an interview without it being redirected to Harley 2 questions in, you've got idiots like robbo literally salivating at the mouth while asking a guy 6 months into his career if he's going to stay in WA forever when he wouldn't dare ask such a disrespectful question if it was a west australian player drafted in victoria.

One of your very own freo fans behind it as well. Showing your age though, nobody under 40 actually reads the newspaper or even cares, just numpties on social media sharing the backpages around to give that sports editor nuffy the attention he craves.

Reid will be getting crazy attention wherever he plays and the talk about the "obsessed WA media" is rich when you have nothing articles like this coming out every other week from victoria and commentators who can't keep his name out of their mouths. Nobody at the club can do an interview without it being redirected to Harley 2 questions in, you've got idiots like robbo literally salivating at the mouth while asking a guy 6 months into his career if he's going to stay in WA forever when he wouldn't dare ask such a disrespectful question if it was a west australian player drafted in victoria.
I don't read the paper, but I do follow it online to see if there's any cricket or football news I haven't seen on other sites that are more Vic-centric

Him being a Freo supporter is a myth that was dispelled a long time ago

I don't read the paper, but I do follow it online to see if there's any cricket or football news I haven't seen on other sites that are more Vic-centric

Him being a Freo supporter is a myth that was dispelled a long time ago
It's a trivial matter anyway and if he leaves over that then he wasn't staying anyway.

Photos of him kissing a freo scarf at the 2022 final win must've been photoshopped then.

It's a trivial matter anyway and if he leaves over that then he wasn't staying anyway.

Photos of him kissing a freo scarf at the 2022 final win must've been photoshopped then.
he wont leave over that, but he might get tired of living in a fish bowl - Lachie Neale claims that's why his partner wanted to leave Perth. Hogan had issues, but was never going to resolve them whilst the Perth media was hounding him - look at him now.

I'm friends with the mother of a WCEs champion whose mother was distressed because the media was calling her son "fat".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Turn it up

he wont leave over that, but he might get tired of living in a fish bowl - Lachie Neale claims that's why his partner wanted to leave Perth. Hogan had issues, but was never going to resolve them whilst the Perth media was hounding him - look at him now.

I'm friends with the mother of a WCEs champion whose mother was distressed because the media was calling her son "fat".
Tell Harley we said Hi and that Suma no longer writes for the West.

this is what happened to Neale:

“Once I met Brisbane I thought I didn’t really need to meet anyone else.’’

The question that has Dockers fans puzzled is what went wrong at Fremantle.

“I am not going to delve too much into the reasons behind it, I just want to say I am a really good fit at Brisbane and I am excited about joining them,’’ he said.

“I have no bad words about Fremantle, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them, they gave me the chance to live out my dream and I hope they do well.’’

However he is a laid kid from Bordertown on the South Australia-Victoria border and admits he was attracted to life in Queensland outside the footy bubble.

“That is really a feeling for me as well, it is pretty footy crazy over here and I have had my fair share of media attention lately,’’ he said.

“It is important to me that once training and games are over you can be Lachie Neale the person instead of the footballer.’’

Neale went to Brisbane, Reid would be going to Victoria, "the home of football", he'd be in no lesser of a fishbowl. Buddy left melbourne for sydney for the same reason, it's no different over there.

Hogan was also from Perth and had bad influences around him.

West coast players I can recall being called fat publicly were naitanui, gov and yeo, which was it?

And from memory it was from Cornes and others over east, so what's your point?

this is what happened to Neale:

“Once I met Brisbane I thought I didn’t really need to meet anyone else.’’

The question that has Dockers fans puzzled is what went wrong at Fremantle.

“I am not going to delve too much into the reasons behind it, I just want to say I am a really good fit at Brisbane and I am excited about joining them,’’ he said.

“I have no bad words about Fremantle, I couldn’t speak highly enough of them, they gave me the chance to live out my dream and I hope they do well.’’

However he is a laid kid from Bordertown on the South Australia-Victoria border and admits he was attracted to life in Queensland outside the footy bubble.

“That is really a feeling for me as well, it is pretty footy crazy over here and I have had my fair share of media attention lately,’’ he said.

“It is important to me that once training and games are over you can be Lachie Neale the person instead of the footballer.’’
What relevance does that have when we're talking about someone moving to vic, another footy mad state?

Can you show me a single example?

What a random question. How many other players from the main football state have had such attention in their first dozen games? Robbo would ask a Victorian player, the WA media would ask the same question of a WA player. It's a pretty normal question to ask of a player playing away from his home state.

What a random question. How many other players from the main football state have had such attention in their first dozen games? Robbo would ask a Victorian player, the WA media would ask the same question of a WA player. It's a pretty normal question to ask of a player playing away from his home state.
Nothing random about it, we're discussing obsessive WA media and I'm explaining how it's not just WA media its victorian as well, which masquerades as national football media, but that's another issue.

Robbo is just one example, Tim watson and the other nuffies on whatever show they're on were doing the exact same thing, they couldn't keep it in their pants. Tried to bait him into saying he was homesick which he denied. The kid is 6 months into a footy career and almost every single interview is putting him on the spot regarding his future, just let the guy play football. I can't think of another player from his draft year who's extended into a 4th year yet, but none of them get questioned on it ruthlessly.

Robbo is meant to be operating a national TV show, not veiled cheerleading to bring first year players home. Again, show me one example of a non victorian first year player who has been asked even remotely the same type of questions so rabidly and consistently.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Harley Reid [OOC 2026]

Remove this Banner Ad

Back