Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

The 1 similarity with Ginni is HH is an exceptional snap kick for goal

However HH is an excellent hand ball exponent and has scope to play wing and on ball moving forward. In terms of role - probably more like a Lipinski Sidebottom J Daicos long term

Comparison after 12 games:

Harvey Harrison
12 goals 2 behinds
9 goal assists
106 disposals
26 tackles
36 contested possessions
Free kicks for / against (an essential stat when comparing with JG): 4 / 2

Jack Ginnivan
23 goals 11 behinds
6 goal assists
122 disposals
13 tackles
49 contested possessions
Free kicks for / against: 20 / 8

Comparison after 12 games:

Harvey Harrison
12 goals 2 behinds
9 goal assists
106 disposals
26 tackles
36 contested possessions
Free kicks for / against (an essential stat when comparing with JG): 4 / 2

Jack Ginnivan
23 goals 11 behinds
6 goal assists
122 disposals
13 tackles
49 contested possessions
Free kicks for / against: 20 / 8
If Harvey is enjoying a decent season, then so too is Ginnivan. I suspect many of us believed he might languish in the VFL or just not kick on in his career, but the boy has slotted in surprisingly well at Hawthorn.

If Harvey is enjoying a decent season, then so too is Ginnivan. I suspect many of us believed he might languish in the VFL or just not kick on in his career, but the boy has slotted in surprisingly well at Hawthorn.
Ginnivan can play. Few people had doubts about that. Has some weaknesses like not being strong overhead or particularly quick, but plenty of good to outweigh the bad. He didn’t like playing in collingwoods structured game plan though, and is enjoying chasing kicks a bit more with more freedom at a weaker club.

Interesting question whether he’d get a game for Collingwood though ahead of Shultz Richards hill and Harrison…. And that with Elliot out and reef not even getting a lookin.

Last edited:
Interesting question whether he’d get a game for Collingwood though ahead of Shultz Richards hill and Harrison…. And that with Elliot out and reef not even getting a lookin.

I think we can reasonably say that Schultz and Ginnivan were mutually exclusive. There’s no universe where Schultz and Ginnivan would have been competing for the same spot. Ginnivan would only have stayed if we hadn’t recruited Schultz.

Ginnivan is a great player, but he never bought into the defensive side of the game in the way Elliott, Hill, McCreery and Schulz do. IMO that was Ginni’s biggest weakness.

IMO we’re a better team for having Schultz instead of Ginnivan. But with the benefit of hindsight and now seeing HH and JR developing well, do I think we were right to pay the high price of a future first round pick for Schultz?

Dunno. Probably too early to say. Depends how we do this year. If we do go back to back then you wouldn’t regret any decision.

Last edited:
Good on the little twerp. He's really improved his upfield game and ball use to teammates. To me Miers is the player type he should be aiming for and could become.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do we think HH has scope to play mid? What’s his inside game like? Is clean and links up well. Real goal kicking threat too.

Really need 1-2 young midfielders to come on in the next few years. I don’t think Macrae is the answer. McInnes and Allen still very speculative. Mcreery not quite clean enough.

Really like the look of this kid.

Do we think HH has scope to play mid? What’s his inside game like? Is clean and links up well. Real goal kicking threat too.

Really need 1-2 young midfielders to come on in the next few years. I don’t think Macrae is the answer. McInnes and Allen still very speculative. Mcreery not quite clean enough.

Really like the look of this kid.
Also wonder whether he could play at half back, both class and clean. Swanny did his apprentice there.

Also wonder whether he could play at half back, both class and clean. Swanny did his apprentice there.
How is he at the local rec centre playing basketball? Sier did his apprenticeship there?

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Harvey Harrison

Remove this Banner Ad

Back