Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
Ian Harvey wants the maximum state deal ($130,000) or he'll walk.

Apparently Tasmania + one other state are very interested.

Elliott, Harvey, Hodge, Inness, David Hussey and Moss are all yet to decide on their futures.

Cricket Victoria are in crisis mode.

PerthCrow said:
Victorians are amazing when a player wants to leave without holding the VCA to ransom..he is a pr1ck and he should stay ..Elliott

Yet when Harvey demands $$$ he is a pr1ck and let him go???

So cooldude your opinions on Elliott are??

Herb is a great player, Harvey on the other hand does sweet FA for us, so if he wants to leave, let him

Money has no part to play in this issue.

PerthCrow said:
Victorians are amazing when a player wants to leave without holding the VCA to ransom..he is a pr1ck and he should stay ..Elliott

Elliott can ******** off for all I care. He's a money hungry traitor and I don't want him at Victoria if thats his attitude.

PerthCrow said:

Let them both go asap.

A player who hasn't got his heart in it is no good to the side. You have to have 11 guys who want to be there, no matter what their ability.

From what I heard from Chuck Berry is that Harvey has been told he will be offered a contract worth less then his current one. If that is the case he will walk. He wants at least the same.

Hodge and Elliot aren't too happy with the hirachy because they beleive they are to keen on drafting interstate players rather than developing young victorian talent. Both are undecided but keen to leave if the right offer comes up.

Moss wants to go home to sydney.

Cricket Victoria are in crisis mode, they are in taters some belive heads should role because of the current state they are in.

guess_who said:
From what I heard from Chuck Berry is that Harvey has been told he will be offered a contract worth less then his current one. If that is the case he will walk. He wants at least the same.

Hodge and Elliot aren't too happy with the hirachy because they beleive they are to keen on drafting interstate players rather than developing young victorian talent. Both are undecided but keen to leave if the right offer comes up.

Moss wants to go home to sydney.

Cricket Victoria are in crisis mode, they are in taters some belive heads should role because of the current state they are in.

They are in taters ? the deviates :eek:

Strange that the VCA would cut into Harvey's contract considering that he would obviously be available for all games as he is pretty much out of the picture with International commitments these days.

If there is truth that he would stay on the same $$, then bloody well pay him that.

As for Moss, good luck to him, a top bloke who is about to marry & settle back in his home state as this is where his partner & both their family reside - you cant blame him for that & all the best Mossy - your a gun.

Harvey hasn't done enough to warrant top money and if he can get it elsewhere then good on him. I don't think he is good enough to be guaranteed a regular game with the Vics let alone top money so it's about time he hopped on his bike. We have some excellent young cricketers that we should look to develop so if we lose the likes of Harvey and Moss then it just opens the door for others.

Hope we can talk Elliot into staying but if his heart is not in it then we shouldn't make it too hard for him to go either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OldSchool said:
Harvey hasn't done enough to warrant top money and if he can get it elsewhere then good on him. I don't think he is good enough to be guaranteed a regular game with the Vics let alone top money so it's about time he hopped on his bike. We have some excellent young cricketers that we should look to develop so if we lose the likes of Harvey and Moss then it just opens the door for others.

Hope we can talk Elliot into staying but if his heart is not in it then we shouldn't make it too hard for him to go either.

I dont necessarily think we should pay him more, but a pay cut seems a bit severe ?
Also, we are losing Moss & Elliot will most likely go as well, a bit of experience will help immensly & if he is committed to the VIC's (& would you be to your job if you just "earned" a pay decrease) he is still a very valuable player.
His ability to break through particularly when a partnership has developed as well as the experience he will provide to a new look younger team will be invaluable.

If he is chasing $$$ - then agreed............ on ya bike.

But if he is disillusioned because he has been downgraded, but would happily re-sign for the same cash, then its pretty bad form by people on this board calling him a "traitor".

Free Willy said:
I dont necessarily think we should pay him more, but a pay cut seems a bit severe ?
Also, we are losing Moss & Elliot will most likely go as well, a bit of experience will help immensly & if he is committed to the VIC's (& would you be to your job if you just "earned" a pay decrease) he is still a very valuable player.
His ability to break through particularly when a partnership has developed as well as the experience he will provide to a new look younger team will be invaluable.

But if he is disillusioned because he has been downgraded, but would happily re-sign for the same cash, then its pretty bad form by people on this board calling him a "traitor".

He should be paid what his form warrants and I'd say it's nowhere near top dollar. If that he means he should cop a pay cut then so be it. He's a professional cricketer and I know it's important for him to maximise his earnings but common sense needs to be applied.
If we lose a few cricketers that are placing higher than market value on their services then we should let them all go. There are plenty of guys in Victoria not getting a game plus a couple of guys from other states we could approach so I wouldn't be losing any sleep over it. I think Jon Moss' demads are acceptable and we should let him return home but Harvey in particular needs to accept that he is in no position to demand more than he is worth.

Looks like the BCCI could teach Victorian cricket a thing or two about organising a root in a brothel.

So just because he made a double ton against a ******** weak county side he thinks he can demand more money? harvs had a good season with victoria, even though he is much maligned for not doing well when it counts, averaging 36 with the bat and 28 with the ball, what more could you ask of an all rounder? Harvey's stocks have gone down ever since he got dumped for shane watson. he is a valuable player but really it will be good for victorian cricket, a clean out of all these older players. The loss of two all rounders will also give our team some balance and we can go for the 6 batsmen, keeper and 4 bowler setup.

victoria reminds me of collingwood, blitzing the comp one season and falling from grace the next season and quickly rebuilding. Except the vics won something out of their time at the top.

Free Willy said:

The main problem is that he didn't have his ACB contract renewed. Even if Victoria were to pay him the same amount its still a massive loss of income. Hence he is looking for more.

Jaymin said:
The main problem is that he didn't have his ACB contract renewed. Even if Victoria were to pay him the same amount its still a massive loss of income. Hence he is looking for more.

Cricket Victoria is not responsible to top up any financial shortfalls he might have but as you say if he wants more and can get more elsewhere then good luck to him. I'd say if he had a good season for us this wouldn't be an issue for him but essentially he is wanting to be payed more than he is currently worth and I hope they don't buckle

Yeah, pfffeeew nothing been said about Kegga Mcdonald. Lucky we will retain him, he is that local talent that Elliot and Hodge were talking about. Is he even Victorian? I think he is from Tasmania isn't he?

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey: Pay me more or i'm out of here

Remove this Banner Ad

Back