List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

We have a very solid team... and Barrass and Battle will make it better.

MM has been kicking "recruiting goals" from the second row of the grandstand for a good while now.

I'm not even tuning in for Mr. P's trade week countdown anymore.

Hokball - and they will come.

If barass and battle is even half as good as getting Brian lake…..bring it on

Where the hell are you getting this idea that Ramma will be preferred to Reeves?!

Reeves is our 2nd ruck unless he decides to move elsewhere. He has shown far more than both Ramma and Soldo have.
He is pretty equivalent to soldo and i think that says enough. I’d argue ned is near his ceiling.

if it’s not next year that ramma passes him, it will be the one after. i can definitely foresee a circumstance where given the opportunity and some strong box hill form they decide to give the younger bloke a run at it.

i reckon ned will see the writing on the wall and take game time and tenure elsewhere.

i’m just saying we shouldn’t expect much in return for a 26 year old back up ruck who doesn’t seem to have much growth ahead.

He is pretty equivalent to soldo and i think that says enough. I’d argue ned is near his ceiling.

if it’s not next year that ramma passes him, it will be the one after. i can definitely foresee a circumstance where given the opportunity and some strong box hill form they decide to give the younger bloke a run at it.

i reckon ned will see the writing on the wall and take game time and tenure elsewhere.

i’m just saying we shouldn’t expect much in return for a 26 year old back up ruck who doesn’t seem to have much growth ahead.
Honestly, I couldn’t disagree more with this.

The one position of real strength is our ruck stocks and you want to weaken it unnecessarily because Rama signed for an additional year.

We don’t have to have the best ruckmen in the competition, but we have a strong competitor and very good back up.

A 26 year old ruckman has the best years of his career ahead. Do you know how old Jordon Sweet is? He was pretty good when given his chance and then kept Soldo out.

I think you are being totally unfair when you say Reeves has no growth

Was it the surgery that went bad?
I thought it was multiple infections that followed, requiring further procedures?
Golden Staph is what I heard. According to my surgeon neighbour the odds are about 1 in 300 people who have an operation will get a Golden Staph infection. Has improved from 30 years ago when it was about 1 in 15.

Last edited:
Honestly, I couldn’t disagree more with this.

The one position of real strength is our ruck stocks and you want to weaken it unnecessarily because Rama signed for an additional year.

We don’t have to have the best ruckmen in the competition, but we have a strong competitor and very good back up.

A 26 year old ruckman has the best years of his career ahead. Do you know how old Jordon Sweet is? He was pretty good when given his chance and then kept Soldo out.

I think you are being totally unfair when you say Reeves has no growth
to be clear, i don’t want to weaken it. If he stays that is good for us, ready to go back up and a young bloke who hopefully has more upside.

I was just saying think we need to be realistic that ned is likely to be pursued and if i was in his shoes would jump ship. Also saying that if that eventuates, we aren’t getting much back regardless of his contract status.

i hope he stays, we’d be very exposed if lloyd gets injured. But he’s a back up for us, worth more to others, and not much trade value.

I'm so interested in what would happen to our midfield if we did get another A grader.

Looks like we pulled out of both Bailey Smith and Perryman options (and Perryman isn't A grade in my view).

But if we had Newcombe, Day, Worpel, Nash + A grader - where would the 2 go that aren't playing RR, Rover or Centre? and what flow on would that have for the rest of the best 22/team.

I'm so interested in what would happen to our midfield if we did get another A grader.

Looks like we pulled out of both Bailey Smith and Perryman options (and Perryman isn't A grade in my view).

But if we had Newcombe, Day, Worpel, Nash + A grader - where would the 2 go that aren't playing RR, Rover or Centre? and what flow on would that have for the rest of the best 22/team.

Fair chance after another 40 odd games that extra A grader will either be MacKenzie or Ward

Hopefully that A grader is Mackenzie in a few years.

I think it would just mean that the main four midfielders spend a little more time rotating through the forward line. Newcombe and Day can have an impact there already, but Nash and Worpel really need to work on this area of their game. Maybe Nash can spend time playing relief ruck too, which is a role he's pretty handy at IMO.

The club had high hopes for Henry Husthwaite this season which never really came to fruition but clearly the kid has some talent. Hopefully he just needed this extra year of development and we discover that that A grader was already on our list all along.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Newcombe(73%), Worpel(69%), Nash(65%) and Day(61% even with his injury interrupted season). Interesting to see if they change the bench to 5 and how that will play into the CBA roles. I think it would quite easy to get another mid with solid CBA numbers without changing much to the team balance, though most teams seem to roll with just the 4 so it's not pressing need.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Hawk's List Management for 2025

Remove this Banner Ad

Back