Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Can the Hawks make finals in 2024?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

A close giants win was the worst possible result.

No, a big win by the giants would be worse. Percentage is our enemy, not wins or losses. We keep winning and we get in. There’s no way for us to back in from 11th. Percentage will determine whether we can host once in or not.

Not sure why people think Melbourne winning was a bad thing. It's now down to 10 teams, assuming we win tomorrow we're 1 game clear of Essendon and maybe even the Bulldogs if Sydney do their job.

Essendon play Fremantle, Suns, Brisbane and Sydney.
Bulldogs play Melbourne, Adelaide, North and Giants.

We're in a good position to slam the half volley.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If I may, the ladder is quite fluid at the moment. Lots of sliding door moments could happen. So this summary will look like trash by round 22.

I think as it stands there's 2 teams coming hard outside the eight. Us and the Dogs. Melbourne are still a chance but they'd have to be perfect from here on out. In their favour (and ours) is that they play both the Dogs and Port so if they beat both of them it opens up the ladder a bit more.

The two teams who I think are the most susceptible to dropping out are Essendon (they look done) and Port (have just been so up and down, and draw isnt the easiest) obviously if Carlton don't right the ship they'll start being in trouble but you think they'd still make it from here.

Giants and Geelong look pretty comfy and are hitting form at the right time but are on the same points as the others so who knows. The Giants draw is pretty tough though. But the flip side is they get to play both us and the Dogs so they can quell the resistance personally. Much fluid. Very liquid.

GWS - Us, Brisbane, Freo, Dogs

Ports draw isn't the nicest either - Syd, Melb, Adl, Freo

Dogs play - Syd, Melb, Adl, North, GWS

We play - Adl, GWS, Carlton, Richmond, North

I am not including Essendon because, well, ick. Same with Geelong, gross.

I think if Dogs beat Sydney today we'll need to death ride Port hard for another spot to open up for us to slip into (which would make our loss to them incredibly sliding door-esq). If Dogs beat Sydney you think they'd only drop maybe one of those games in the back 4. Leaving us hard pressed to finish above them.

If they don't, and go back to being inconsistent they've got some loseable games with only North being the real gimmie (even though that's getting harder and harder as they're getting better). And we might be able to finish above them.

Who knows, this season's been rad. I don't actually know how anyone's climbing the ladder because it's so fluid it might as well just be a puddle on the ground.

TLDR; we have to win one more than the Dogs (I can't see us catching their %) or hope Port nuke themselves and drop out giving us another spot. We beat GWS though and can't rule them out to slide as their draw is not user friendly.

Or in short. Just keep winning.

Yep. 13 wins very unlikely to get us in now. We need 14. So one loss only from here
Giants have the toughest run home of everybody IMO. They are no guarantees to make it particularly if we beat them next week so that's 1 spot we can overtake. Bombers obviously we replace if Dogs lose today and we win. If we keep ahead of the bombers win loss and GWS we will make it.

Doesn’t matter if we’re in the 8 by tonight or not. There’s lots of results still to play out in the last four rounds. The Saints are our friends. With games against Brisbane, Geelong and Carlton still to come, all at Marvel, they can help us climb into the 8. Especially if they beat Carlton. I think that could be the other team, other than the Bombers who slip out of the 8 from here. Port too are vulnerable. There’s at least two teams whose spots we can claim in the 8 by the final round. But realistically, we can only lose one game from here

Doesn’t matter if we’re in the 8 by tonight or not. There’s lots of results still to play out in the last four rounds. The Saints are our friends. With games against Brisbane, Geelong and Carlton still to come, all at Marvel, they can help us climb into the 8. Especially if they beat Carlton. I think that could be the other team, other than the Bombers who slip out of the 8 from here. Port too are vulnerable. There’s at least two teams whose spots we can claim in the 8 by the final round. But realistically, we can only lose one game from here
Then they can give us Mr Battle!

Remove this Banner Ad

Toast Hawks made finals in 2024! - Hawks finals discussion

Back