NO TROLLS Hawthorn Racism Review - Sensitive issues discussed.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t use this thread as an opportunity to troll North or any other clubs, you’ll be removed from the discussion. Stick to the topic and please keep it civil and respectful to those involved. Keep personal arguements out of this thread.
Help moderators by not quoting obvious trolls and use the report button, please and thank you.

If you feel upset or need to talk you can call either Beyond Blue on 1300 22 4636 or Lifeline on 13 11 14 at any time.

- Crisis support for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders 13YARN (13 92 76) 13YARN - Call 13 92 76 | 24 /7

This is a serious topic, please treat it as such.

Videos, statements etc in the OP here:

Link to Hawthorn Statement. - Link to ABC Sports article. - Leaked Report

Last edited:
No, you are not. If you were you would understand what the connotations of that comment were. You represent the worst of Australian culture.

If you looked at them context you’d understand but and context don’t seem to play very well together.

Your seem to go around trying to find things to be outraged about.

Wasn't the whole point of the AFL appointing an external panel that it was pretty clear from the outset the claimants had no faith in the AFL to handle it properly internally?
But it's only the panel that is external and that panel is internally appointed. They've just got to step back and get it externally assessed, because they have a very vested interest.

What? And accept a comment that is as racist as black face, or the N word? In a thread about racism where the flog has been denying he is racist?

Stop throwing the word racist around like your food. Other posters have explained the meaning of that post, pls cease your tantrum.

Stop throwing the word racist around like your food. Other posters have explained the meaning of that post, pls cease your tantrum.
The fact that it is referencing another time that it most likely shouldn't have been used, doesn't cut it. Just delete it.

You are pathetic?

giphy.gif

Like I said - of all the things he could have said...

Pathetic.

It's unfortunate given the rest of this thread, but as I've tried to explain, it's an Essendon WADA meme. Which pretty directly related to my comment to him.

You've misread the context of his comment, and launched in to some pretty detailed name-calling off the back of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue is that the AFL themselves are in the firing line for anything that occurred, yet they're expecting the claimants to just along with an AFL inquiry with terms, conditions and panel set by the AFL. It should be an external inquiry.
I agree, but who is going to run the external inquiry? Neither the players not the coaches are taking legal action or making an application to have it heard elsewhere. The AFL are way too conflicted to handle this credibly, but they are being forced to invent a process and they will do it to best fit their needs.

This is all the evitable outcome of the players going to Jackson and agreeing to have their stories published. They should have got legal advice before doing this and Jackson was irresponsible not insisting that they do so. Once the allegations were made public there was no way they could be acted on without the players appearing before such as injury and having their evidence tested.

Now you are trolling. I have already reported you, and hopefully the mods have the decency to get your distasteful, gutless crap out of here.

I suspect if anyone is getting posts deleted it'll be you for the personal attacks you launched in to.

The mods will be well aware of the wada meme.

Sorry.

It's unfortunate given the rest of this thread, but as I've tried to explain, it's an Essendon WADA meme. Which pretty directly related to my comment to him.

You've misread the context of his comment, and launched in to some pretty detailed name-calling off the back of it.
Yes, and repeating ad nauseum shows your own ignorance of how casual racism works.

If the shoe fits.

Yes, and repeating ad nauseum shows your own ignorance of how casual racism works.

If the shoe fits.

Are they well aware of what that term also means to anyone of indigenous descent reading it here?

As I keep trying to tell you, understanding the context of his comment is important before deciding it's racist.

If someone of indigenous descent is aware of the wada meme at the time they can feel free to comment, but it seems to me it's quite new to you and therefore you've decided it can only be a racist thing, used intentionally and knowingly by racist people, in an attempt to be racist.

You've also decided that understanding the context is irrelevant, despite the search function producing posts as far back as 2013 referring to the comment, quite clearly not having any mention or relation to race (unless WADA is a race now).

Sometimes context matters, understanding when and how a word is used matters - especially for a language like English where the usage of a word can change over time, and can simultaneously mean multiple things.

Take the word monkey or ape for example. It's not a racist word when used in one context, but is incredibly racist in another. Context matters.

I agree, but who is going to run the external inquiry? Neither the players not the coaches are taking legal action or making an application to have it heard elsewhere. The AFL are way too conflicted to handle this credibly, but they are being forced to invent a process and they will do it to best fit their needs.

This is all the evitable outcome of the players going to Jackson and agreeing to have their stories published. They should have got legal advice before doing this and Jackson was irresponsible not insisting that they do so. Once the allegations were made public there was no way they could be acted on without the players appearing before such as injury and having their evidence tested.

Disagree with the last paragraph, as I've got no qualms about victims sharing their stories with the press and frankly the press story will result in a much larger NDA agreement if it goes that way, which is where it's likely to head. Quick inquiry being run by a group in the firing line who the claimants don't trust. The claimants have absolutely no reason to give evidence to this inquiry - what is the advantage for them in doing so? Inadequate inquiry followed by a Non Disclosure Agreement so that it doesn't get aired in court. Voila. Unless the claimants value the point more than the money they'll be offered.

Lol what a meltdown

ok ad hominem rather than engage. At least it’s not with emojis this time…baby steps
There is nothing to engage with. Nothing of value, at least.

You're equating something done on their terms (engagement with media, participation in review) with something done on the terms of the AFL (a notorious champion of POC well-being :rolleyes:). That is stupid.

There is not going to be an external inquiry. There won't be an internal one either. The lawyer made it quite clear that they had other options yesterday including (this is not a direct quote) "the civil courts, we are looking at the discrimination act, human rights" - ie. we want to get paid and we will do it on our terms.

I cannot help but believe this is petty grievances being settled under the guise of "racism".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back